Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Lennon- High Probablility Niese Gets Dealt

DPLennon Asst GM John Ricco said that with cost of starting pitching, teams eager to trade for it. I'd say high probability of Niese getting dealt

vCash
    Why?

Deal Dickey not Niese...

They better get back quite a bit for him if that's the case.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-07-2012 at 08:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Why?

Deal Dickey not Niese...

They better get back quite a bit for him if that's the case.
    Niese is a decent starting pitcher but he will never be as good as Dickey was this past season.

And yes, Dickey has a better chance of being as good as Dickey was this past season than Niese does as being as good Dickey was in 2012.

Much better, in fact.

Pay no attention to the year on Dickey's birth certificate. It is meaningless.

Meaning Less.

Half of what i say is meaningless. So I say this just to reach you Julia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcWzlxECaPo

Damned, I hope my lights come back on, soon!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Niese is a decent starting pitcher but he will never be as good as Dickey was this past season.

And yes, Dickey has a better chance of being as good as Dickey was this past season than Niese does as being as good Dickey was in 2012.

Much better, in fact.

Pay no attention to the year on Dickey's birth certificate. It is meaningless.

Meaning Less.

Half of what i say is meaningless. So I say this just to reach you Julia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcWzlxECaPo

Damned, I hope my lights come back on, soon!
    Yes but the cumulative results Niese will give us at 25 will probably be better going forward than a 38 year old Dickey.

Under normal circumstances, i don't advocate dealing either but if the market is hot on pitching then Dickey is at his highest value coming off a Cy Young caliber season.

Niese is one of the cornerstone pieces moving forward, whereas i don't see Dickey being nearly as valuable 3 years down the road. I think Niese took steps towards being a number 2 starter last year and will continue that trend next year.

His overall numbers were very good, i think sometimes he doesn't get the credit he deserves.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-08-2012 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    Yes but the cumulative results Niese will give us at 25 will probably be better going forward than a 38 year old Dickey.

Under normal circumstances, i don't advocate dealing either but if the market is hot on pitching then Dickey is at his highest value coming off the Cy Young.

Niese is one of the cornerstone pieces moving forward, whereas i don't see Dickey being nearly as valuable 3 years down the road. I think Niese took steps towards being a number 2 starter last year and will continue that trend next year.

His overall numbers were very good, i think sometimes he doesn't get the credit he deserves.
    I think Niese is a nice pitcher, that has incredibly trade-value.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I think Niese is a nice pitcher, that has incredibly trade-value.
    He does but if they are going to trade Niese they might as well deal both him and Dickey.

They are basically admitting at that point they have no intentions on competing in the next 2-3 years when you deal a 26 year old quality left handed pitcher making much below market value (money wise)
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-08-2012 at 04:16 PM.

vCash

Under normal circumstances, i don't advocate dealing either but if the market is hot on pitching then Dickey is at his highest value coming off a Cy Young caliber season.

Again, I must disagree, courteously.

A 38-year-old knuckleballer is the equivalent of a 30-year-old in normal pitcher years.

At least.

Dickey has as many as 5 solid prime years left. To your point, Niese might have more but he doesn't have anywhere near the upside Dickey has. Dickey is ace material. Niese is a good middle-of-the-rotation.

Point is, Niese is not nor will he ever be the ace that Dickey is now and will be for maybe as many as the next 5 seasons.

As much as I like Jonathan Niese, I'm not ready to depend on him nearly as much as I would Robert Allen.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Again, I must disagree, courteously.

A 38-year-old knuckleballer is the equivalent of a 30-year-old in normal pitcher years.

At least.

Dickey has as many as 5 solid prime years left. To your point, Niese might have more but he doesn't have anywhere near the upside Dickey has. Dickey is ace material. Niese is a good middle-of-the-rotation.

Point is, Niese is not nor will he ever be the ace that Dickey is now and will be for maybe as many as the next 5 seasons.

As much as I like Jonathan Niese, I'm not ready to depend on him nearly as much as I would Robert Allen.
    You can't possibly know that. Dickey will be the same at 42 as he was at 37? I think not.

Never say never about Niese. He continues to decrease his walk rate by the season and he is improving.

vCash
    I want a clear ****ing direction damnit.

If you deal Niese and keep Dickey, we better ****ing win now and spend money.

Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense.

I'd rather just be patient and deal Dickey, get younger and in better position to compete 2+ years from now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I want a clear ****ing direction damnit.

If you deal Niese and keep Dickey, we better ****ing win now and spend money.

Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense.

I'd rather just be patient and deal Dickey, get younger and in better position to compete 2+ years from now.
    Looks like the Mets don't want to have anyone signed past two years if they trade Niese. They made a smart move by locking him up for cheap and now they want to trade him and give another team a great deal with a young lefty, just stupid. The franchise is in disarray and Alderson is what most people called him but I was too blind to see it, a puppet. Looks like the Moneyball Mets are in full swing if they trade Niese. Say hasta luego to R.A. & David.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Looks like the Mets don't want to have anyone signed past two years if they trade Niese. They made a smart move by locking him up for cheap and now they want to trade him and give another team a great deal with a young lefty, just stupid. The franchise is in disarray and Alderson is what most people called him but I was too blind to see it, a puppet. Looks like the Moneyball Mets are in full swing if they trade Niese. Say hasta luego to R.A. & David.
    Nothing has happened yet, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Nothing has happened yet, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
    With this franchise you need to prepare for the worst because there is a 99% chance that they will rip your heart out and stab it with a pencil in front of you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post

Just listen to Spindy, whenever a potential deal is mooted, he never wants to give more than one year to anyone, he did give fat usless Frank 2 years, but that was fine because that was part of the Jose dividend designed to as least make it look like they were trying to do something.

They don't want to have any players (or only 1 or 2) on longer than 2-3 year deals, so they can drop payroll to whatever they need it to be, whenever they like. When they talk about flexibility, they really mean flexibility downwards, and they're gonna need it, because this team is going nowhere any time soon, and the fan confidence and trust in the Coupons is at zero.

They can only afford a $70M payroll, I don't think that's sunk into many people's brains yet.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 11-11-2012 at 08:25 AM.

vCash
    What obviously makes Niese attractive is the control.

If the demand is that high, maybe the Mets get a Gio Gonzalez type package for him or a significant OF bat.

That's the only justification to trade Niese over Dickey at this point..

vCash
    So get prospects for Niese and keep Dickey? Might as well blow the whole **** up then.

Trade Wright, Dickey, Niese, Ike, Murphy, anyone with any sort of value.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast