Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    The control the house, they have no reason to compromise if they really didn't want too. They can easily block anything of substance
    Both sides have alot to lose. It is stupid for them to not compromise. If the house doesn't get something done in the next 2 years the incumbents will not succeed in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/07/politi...dmn_topstories

he said EXACTLY what I claimed earlier,it right here in the transcript.

1) extend the Bush tax cuts
    2) spend the next year fixing the tax code

then, next year hell ask to do the same thing again.

Obama won on a platform saying over and over wealthy americans will have to pay more.
    He said it like 500 million times ,and won 332 electoral college votes.

Now Bohener is saying that it is unclear what the american people want done, and the Rs in here fall right in line with the B.S.

?
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 11-08-2012 at 08:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    The control the house, they have no reason to compromise if they really didn't want too. They can easily block anything of substance
    If they don't compromise, they will likely be in trouble during the 2014 midterm elections, and they would likely face similar results in 2016. If the Republican Party wants remain a strong party, they're going to have to work with Obama and the Democrats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    If they don't compromise, they will likely be in trouble during the 2014 midterm elections, and they would likely face similar results in 2016. If the Republican Party wants remain a strong party, they're going to have to work with Obama and the Democrats.
    I honestly disagree. Unless in 2 years somehow the country heals and we don't have both sides far away at times from the middle it won't matter. Maybe Obama gets 2 years with all 3 but I don't think so. And even if he does it doesn't mean it's the death of the party. I heard this same kind of stuff about Democrats in 2000 and 2002 and 04. No party no matter what happens in an election is dead for good. Heck each party gets blamed for crap they can't control. If one side gets all of it, the american people then change there mind and say no we don't like that anymore lets vote them out.

I think most democrats agree that Clinton's presidency was a resounding success in there eyes. (I think it was successful but not near to the degree of a lot of my friends on the left) and with all that momentum boom you were shut out of all 3 branches in 2000.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Both sides have alot to lose. It is stupid for them to not compromise. If the house doesn't get something done in the next 2 years the incumbents will not succeed in 2014.
    Not just the parties but the country! I think we both can agree with that.

vCash
    Also I won't be saying the republicans don't compromise if Boehner doesn't bend down and give in at first. It's going to take quite some time, with both sides still testing the other one on how much they can push to get the upper hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I surely hope you're right, not b/c I support everything Obama proposes, but b/c I support a system where the minority doesn't oppose 100% of everything for the pure sake of denying the opposing party any political victory or legislative success.

vCash
    With fresh redrawn districts the house is going to be under GOP control at least for the next 4 years. So there is going to have to be compromise from both sides without the left expecting the GOP to just roll over.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Funny how those lines work out.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Funny how those lines work out.......
    Until its changed that is the system we have. Both sides if they are in power are going to use it to the best of their ability. May have been the saving grace of keeping them relevant right now.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    Until its changed that is the system we have. Both sides if they are in power are going to use it to the best of their ability. May have been the saving grace of keeping them relevant right now.
    I think its going to have to be settled in the courts if the redistricting gets bad enough. I mean if you have 40% of the population represented by 10% of the representatives there is a major problem. I am just picking numbers but if you don't have the people adequately represented it will be a major problem and I think borders on a constitutional issue.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think its going to have to be settled in the courts if the redistricting gets bad enough. I mean if you have 40% of the population represented by 10% of the representatives there is a major problem. I am just picking numbers but if you don't have the people adequately represented it will be a major problem and I think borders on a constitutional issue.
    As I said its the system we have and until its changed it will be the system we will use. I don't know how much the courts are going to do honestly. That would be some pretty serious over stepping as gerrymandering has been part of politics for a long time.

vCash
    As I said its the system we have and until its changed it will be the system we will use. I don't know how much the courts are going to do honestly. That would be some pretty serious over stepping as gerrymandering has been part of politics for a long time.
    The length of time that something has been going on is irrelevant to me. Just because something goes on for a long time doesn't make it any more right or (in my opinion) constitutional.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Its shameful(gerrymandering). Both sides do it you are right ,and it is just disgusting. How you can take a group of people and intentionaly dilute their political impact by coun ting some of them here or there as long as the overall effect is that the result is rigged to your favor is criminal and needs to be stopped.

vCash
    I know it may be "off topic" in terms of this, but what I laugh at all the time is when you hear the President and Congress say stuff like, "Middle Class people making $250,000 or less." If you are making $250,000 per year, you AREN'T MIDDLE CLASS! You are living DAMN good on that kind of money. The Government has no idea what Middle Class really is.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast