Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Don't worry, they will soon find another way to erroneously blame it on the right.
    That's why I'm bitter...Bitter like Wednesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Guess the left can begin to stop saying we don't compromise
    Boehener can't deliver that by himself. We all know this Cantor will eat him alive if he shows actual weakness.

vCash
    Damn...I was hoping for more gridlock.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    A positive sign. Hopefully they carry through. Boehner can say it, but it doesn't mean it actually will happen. He doesn't pull all the strings. But it is definitely a positive sign that at least stuff like this is being said publicly.

It's time to start compromising (well, it usually always is). Both sides have been equally guilty of late in not doing so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    That's why I'm bitter...Bitter like Wednesday morning.
    Yes...I was really hoping for my Gary Johnson win. He was only 270 electoral votes off, so pretty close, right?

vCash
    Boehner is trying to run an end around on the Obama administration.

he said he will refuse the 2% tax increase on the wealthy, infavor of re-writing the tax code.
    He will argue to retain all the Bush Cuts while we work on the tax code, and then they will obstruct any meaningful changes that effect wealthy americans until the next presidential cycle.
    Just another RT wing scam...Obama will not fall for it.

vCash
    The "raise taxes on the rich" thing is the diversion.

Obama needed something to distract from Simpson-Bowles.

The fact that the Republican party let him completely reframe the issue is insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Boehner is trying to run an end around on the Obama administration.

he said he will refuse the 2% tax increase on the wealthy, infavor of re-writing the tax code.
    He will argue to retain all the Bush Cuts while we work on the tax code, and then they will obstruct any meaningful changes that effect wealthy americans until the next presidential cycle.
    Just another RT wing scam...Obama will not fall for it.
    You have so much hate. You just need to relax and take some deep breaths before you post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    We'll see about this.
    This is pretty much how I feel. The words are nice. Let's see if there's an actionable compromise behind them.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    It doesn't matter what he wants or offers. He will get a bill from the senate that extends all tax cuts except the top rate. He can either push it through or do nothing. He has no other choice. Dem senate and president vowed veto will not allow all bush tax cuts to be extended. They are dead for the top rate.

Either he passes it for all but the top or the house republicans will be blamed for not passing anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Guess the left can begin to stop saying we don't compromise
    Yes. The Republicans look ready to compromise after two years of bullshitting around trying to make Obama a one term President. At this point, they're only compromising because they have to, so lets not pretend that there's any other reason.

vCash
    i'm just like this is Obama's 2nd term. since he doesn't have to worry about re-election, he'll be able to really be himself and be forceful on things when he has to. he no longer has to be timid which i felt like he was these past 4 years...not really standing up against the GOP and letting the GOP have their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    You have so much hate. You just need to relax and take some deep breaths before you post.
    Its odd how people interpret behaviours.
    I have nothing but love for this country bro.I would think that, that would be obvious from someone who enlisted twice(once when we were already @ war).Im not Mad @ you, or patsfan, homestar, longhorn or Gcoll.

But it does upset me greatly when I read uninformed or intentionally inacurate Rt. Wing lies posted by smart thoughtful people who seem to be too trusting of their Internet source/Tv sets.

I dont even want to convince you of anything, I just want you to spend more then 22 seconds becoming an expert on a subject before you come in here and support a perspective or ideology that doesnt even properly reflect the comments you make.

It is a disservice to each other.
    We come in here for Information (I would hope) Not blind alliegiance to a party.
    This isnt RAIDERS SUCK, NO,BRONCOS SUCK.
    this is our country.
    If after spending the time to understand both sides of an issue ,you still feel the same way ,then GodBless you.
    Take Gcoll.
    He understands what my point was, he countered with Simpson/Bowles.
    This was a Bipartisan commision that not only raised taxes but attached some serious reforms to our entitlement programs.
    Obamas Team fealt the cuts were too toxic for him to win a second term, so they tryed to come up with a DIFFERENT deal that wasnt so "hurtful" to his 2012 campaign.
    Rs had no interest in that because quite frankly, if they could get some huge concessions on the programs AND make Obama commit political suicide, they had a pretty awesome win-win on their hands.
    So we went in circles playing chicken.
    Now Gcoll believes in supplyside economics( at least from his writings that is what I get).
    But he knows hes dealing in theory, not fact.
    As am I when I champion a more keynesian approach.
    Everything else that we debate about in here is window dressing for those two alternate views and both parties try to curry support anyway they can.

I respect his opinion.I dont agree and ended our circular debate, not because I was mad, but becasue he is confident in his belief in his position.What more can be asked from a citizen of a democrasy?

What gets me upset is reading nonsense, and sound bites.Rush Limbaugh or hannity crap, that aviods any suggestion of inacuracy from a biased source.

All Im asking for is for you guys to put a little effort into understanding the issues, Its like a freakin STARWARS movie in here with some of you under the influence of a Jedi mind trick.

If youve honestly spent a equal amount of time examining both sides of the issues and decide you still feel the same way, I welcome any and all input.
    But more often the not I can tell that, that isnt the case with many people in here by what they posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Yes. The Republicans look ready to compromise after two years of bullshitting around trying to make Obama a one term President. At this point, they're only compromising because they have to, so lets not pretend that there's any other reason.
    The control the house, they have no reason to compromise if they really didn't want too. They can easily block anything of substance

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Here's what Mr. Boehner actually said:

http://www.forextv.com/forex-news-st...ext-transcript

Note this:

For purposes of forging a bipartisan agreement that begins to solve the problem, we’re willing to accept new revenue, under the right conditions.

What matters is where the increased revenue comes from, and what type of reform comes with it.

Does the increased revenue come from government taking a larger share of what the American people earn through higher tax rates?

Or does it come as the byproduct of a growing economy, energized by a simpler, cleaner, fairer tax code, with fewer loopholes, and lower rates for all?
    Essentially he's saying give us romney's plan. I'm sorry Mr. Speaker... but Romney lost. I'm all for bipartisanship, but this is not an offer of bipartisanship. Bipartisanship is when both sides give a little and take a little. Not when one side puts up the other side's plan for a vote. That second option has another name... stupid. If romney had won you wouldn't expect the senate dems to go, "All right now that Obama has lost, what needs to happen is for us to enact his tax policy"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast