Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray on 4/27

Sick fight for his comeback.

vCash
    I believe this going to be in Argentina in 50k seat stadium.

vCash
    Tune up for the Chavez rematch. If Martinez didn't go into machismo mode in the 12th round, there would never be talk of a rematch.

Chavez really isn't that good. Great power, heart and stamina, but his skill set overall is mediocre at best. He reminds me of a bigger Arturo Gatti. He's absolutely nothing like his father, a true ATG.

vCash
    Machismo mode??? Is that what we call actually fighting all 12 rounds is? Chavez finally swung and Martinez survived end of story.
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    When you're up 11-0, or 10-1, there is no reason to be fighting in the 12th round. You should be dancing and avoiding your opponent. That's a round you can take off. If Meldrick Taylor had a competent corner, he would have beaten Chavez Sr. instead his corner told him he had to "win the round" and he ended up getting KOed. Similar situation here, if Sergio just moved around and danced instead of dropping his hands and exchanging punches there would never be talks of a rematch.

But regardless there is no way Jr. can beat him unless Sergio drops his hands like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    Tune up for the Chavez rematch. If Martinez didn't go into machismo mode in the 12th round, there would never be talk of a rematch.

Chavez really isn't that good. Great power, heart and stamina, but his skill set overall is mediocre at best. He reminds me of a bigger Arturo Gatti. He's absolutely nothing like his father, a true ATG.
    Chavez wishes he could be a bigger version of gatti.

vCash
    You're joking right? He dropped Martinez with the fourth three punch combo he threw. He had more than enough chances to end the fight.

No way he can beat him? Lol open your eyes.

vCash
    If Chavez wants to ever be on the highest level, he needs to become the fighter Danny Garcia is. Garcia is the example of how that style Is effective.

Chavez IMO fought scared, and saved himself for the last rnd, Chavez wasn't trying to win rounds 1-11. Garcia would of been swinging off in a fight of that level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    You're joking right? He dropped Martinez with the fourth three punch combo he threw. He had more than enough chances to end the fight.

No way he can beat him? Lol open your eyes.
    Junior was in defense mode the entire fight and his faced looked awful, what do you think would happen if he opened up and started throwing punches? He would have gotten knocked out.

Martinez got caught with a left hook while his hands were by his waste, and once he got caught he started exchanging with Junior and then got put down. If he moved around the ring with his hands up Jr. wouldn't be able to pull anything off because he can't throw straight punches.

vCash
    Wow it's funny the things people will say just so they're not proven wrong.

vCash
    Well last time I checked, I said Martinez would destroyed and dominate Junior, and I believe you picked Junior to win the fight.... I think I was right.

vCash

I believe he said a TKO in the 9th.

vCash
    Martinez broke his hand or something in the 4th round and he did have to have surgery on his knee after the fight for what's it worth.

Regardless, I think Murray is the better middleweight between him and Chavez.

vCash
    I'm interested to see him fight in Argentina, don't think I've ever seen a live fight there. I heard Martinez has become like Oscar hoya there, females just flock to dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    Wow it's funny the things people will say just so they're not proven wrong.
    did Chavez Jr. show you something different in that fight?
    Most people saw a cowardice champion looking for every way out of the fight.
    Martinez was looking for a knockout because he has no pity for the kid & he got caught with his guard down.