Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who leads the Nets in Scoring?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deron Williams

0 0%
  • Brook Lopez

1 25.00%
  • Joe Johnson

3 75.00%
  • Marshon Brooks

0 0%
  • Kris Humphries

0 0%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf975 View Post
    You would want Avery to be fired five games into the season? At least give the guy a chance.
    Oh i am an Avery advocate. Ask anyone. I do not think he is a horrible coach. I just do not think he is the right fit for this team. Actually to be fair it's more this team does not fit his style as constructed.

He is a defensive coach and was given possibly the most defensively inept group of players in the league and bigs that lack the tools to be good defenders. Our strength is offense and Avery is not good with offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Avery Johnson is an average coach. Look at how he failed with that Dallas team after overachieving for one season. Perhaps I'm exaggerating but I would not put him on the top 10 active coaches in the NBA right now.

Rivers, Thibodeau, Carlisle, Skiles, Adelman, Collins, Popovich, Karl, Spoelstra are top tier. Then you have coaches like Byron Scott, Frank, Del Negro, Woodson, Brooks, Casey. I would put Avery into the company of the second group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    Avery Johnson is an average coach. Look at how he failed with that Dallas team after overachieving for one season. Perhaps I'm exaggerating but I would not put him on the top 10 active coaches in the NBA right now.

Rivers, Thibodeau, Carlisle, Skiles, Adelman, Collins, Popovich, Karl, Spoelstra are top tier. Then you have coaches like Byron Scott, Frank, Del Negro, Woodson, Brooks, Casey. I would put Avery into the company of the second group.
    Neither do i.

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Oh i am an Avery advocate. Ask anyone. I do not think he is a horrible coach. I just do not think he is the right fit for this team. Actually to be fair it's more this team does not fit his style as constructed.

He is a defensive coach and was given possibly the most defensively inept group of players in the league and bigs that lack the tools to be good defenders. Our strength is offense and Avery is not good with offense.
    Well that's the point if he's a good defensive coach he should be able to bring the best out of his bad defensive players. I think the team just needs time to understand how Avery's defense works. Or maybe you're right and they're just that bad defensively.

vCash
    i wish we hired thibodeau looking at it now

vCash
    Well that's the point if he's a good defensive coach he should be able to bring the best out of his bad defensive players. I think the team just needs time to understand how Avery's defense works. Or maybe you're right and they're just that bad defensively.
    Even the best defensive coach cannot give players the physical tools the need. How can Avery make Lopez tougher? You cannot teach that. Teach him to be smarter? Teach him to grow balls?

vCash
    Even the best defensive coach cannot give players the physical tools the need. How can Avery make Lopez tougher? You cannot teach that. Teach him to be smarter? Teach him to grow balls?
    You can definitely teach a player to be smarter defensively. Also I don't think Lopez is as soft as you think he is, plus defense is a lot to do with effort as long as you know what you're doing and put in 100% effort you can be solid defensively.

vCash
    You can definitely teach a player to be smarter defensively. Also I don't think Lopez is as soft as you think he is, plus defense is a lot to do with effort as long as you know what you're doing and put in 100% effort you can be solid defensively.
    Defense is not about effort. At least not as much as ppl think. In this era of basketball you need quickness, toughness, instincts, and athleticism i.e things you cannot teach.

When a 7'1" C cannot post up a 6'7" SG and gets bullied down low by smaller guys... yea.. he is soft.

vCash
    we need a tougher big man coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    we need a tougher big man coach
    The things our bigs are missing are not teachable

vCash

Really?

We can only wish.....

I'm done.

vCash

lol

good point...there are a lot of exaggerated adjectives quite loosely used here for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    The word awful is used very loosely around here. Did you people really forget about Outlawl and Petro that quickly?

vCash
    ^ I just checked out their stats out of curiosity. Outlaw is still as bad as last year, Petro hasn't seen a minute yet.

vCash
    a big man coach can help humps and lopez work better on defense despite limitations

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112