Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who leads the Nets in Scoring?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deron Williams

0 0%
  • Brook Lopez

1 25.00%
  • Joe Johnson

3 75.00%
  • Marshon Brooks

0 0%
  • Kris Humphries

0 0%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Appreciated. However not with this defense we won't. We have offense to score with anyone but defensively we cannot stop anything.

When you get Crash back your defense will pick up. It takes 20 games to see where your team is. You have 1 of the best back courts in the nba, just have to give it time. Im a die hard Knick fan and i cant stand the arrogance thats being dispplayed by the 3-0 start, cause when we loose all hell gonna break out. Every team gonna have its ups n downs just have to roll with it..

vCash
    DMF where you at hahahahahahaha.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ball4reel View Post
    When you get Crash back your defense will pick up. It takes 20 games to see where your team is. You have 1 of the best back courts in the nba, just have to give it time. Im a die hard Knick fan and i cant stand the arrogance thats being dispplayed by the 3-0 start, cause when we loose all hell gonna break out. Every team gonna have its ups n downs just have to roll with it..
    Like i said i agree that we will need to give it time to let the offense learn the plays and get used to each other's tendencies etc.

Our defense is not so easy though. Defense is all about physicality, heart, toughness, defensive instincts, basketball iq, etc. i.e things you cannot teach.

Sure Avery could continue to work with them and improve their defensive rotations a bit but they simply do not have the tools to be even average defensively.

I love Crash but he is not an elite defender anymore. He is great at it sometimes and so is Bogans but that is it. As far as defense that is all we got. Everyone else ranges from bad to horrible.

We will score with the best of them but defensively we will not stop anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    DMF where you at hahahahahahaha.
    We do not accept him on this forum. We do our best to ignore him along with a couple others who shall remain nameless to protect their sensitivity.

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    We do not accept him on this forum. We do our best to ignore him along with a couple others who shall remain nameless to protect their sensitivity.
    Good to hear. And I mean no offense to you or any other Nets fan, but the stuff he was saying in the NBA forum (as always) was ridiculous.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    WATCH this and THEN tell me what is wrong with this team.

Pause it at the :10 second mark and that picture will tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCLBAho0THo

Even the song fits the guy.

I would cry happy tears if Brook could do even HALF of this.
    Bro, as a Turk i'm starting to like your attitude towards Asik. But you do know, he's the exact opposite of Brook right? No offense at all, and he's got two years on Brook. That being said, unless Brook starts hitting that mid range jump shot of his which he did the past couple of years, I say goodbye. I can't accept a center which has so many defensive deficiencies already, and whose offense is also on a slight decline. That mid range jumper was a source for 5-10 pts alone when he was hitting them. His soft touch is(was?) one of his rare unique offensive assets, if he loses that, bye bye.

vCash
    I think the first tinkering in the lineup should happen by starting Evans at the 4. Hump looked good off the bench last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    Bro, as a Turk i'm starting to like your attitude towards Asik. But you do know, he's the exact opposite of Brook right? No offense at all, and he's got two years on Brook. That being said, unless Brook starts hitting that mid range jump shot of his which he did the past couple of years, I say goodbye. I can't accept a center which has so many defensive deficiencies already, and whose offense is also on a slight decline. That mid range jumper was a source for 5-10 pts alone when he was hitting them. His soft touch is(was?) one of his rare unique offensive assets, if he loses that, bye bye.
    I agree with everything in this post.

9. 11-08-2012, 10:12 AM
    Reason
    Troll if you do it again you get banned so you have that to look forward too

vCash
    I realize he is the exact opposite of Brook and that is why we need him badly. He had 14 rebounds in 22 minutes last night btw. I wanna start calling that kid Seabiscuit He is all heart. The C equivalent of Gerald Wallace. Elite level defense. Tired of seeing Wade block Lopez? Go to the video and a minute in watch him block a Wade jumpshot

The city of Brooklyn would absolutely fall in LOVE with this guy. He represents everything Brooklyn stands for.

I would take his 10-12 points and elite defense over Brook and his 18pt games with horrible defense any day.

vCash
    I think the first tinkering in the lineup should happen by starting Evans at the 4. Hump looked good off the bench last year.
    Absolutely not. I see most people question Avery but they never think about wh he does certain things.

Sure Brook getting the ball near the 3pt line and Deron at SG cannot be explained. However Reggie is useless offensively. Absolutely useless. All he would do is allow whoever is guarding him to double Brook more often. Humphries is at least a threat so his man cannot sag off too much to help on Brook meanwhile we do not lose much rebounds wise.

Put Reggie in the starting lineup and watch Lopez doubles happen more often

vCash
    Absolutely not. I see most people question Avery but they never think about wh he does certain things.

Sure Brook getting the ball near the 3pt line and Deron at SG cannot be explained. However Reggie is useless offensively. Absolutely useless. All he would do is allow whoever is guarding him to double Brook more often. Humphries is at least a threat so his man cannot sag off too much to help on Brook meanwhile we do not lose much rebounds wise.

Put Reggie in the starting lineup and watch Lopez doubles happen more often
    Perhaps he could operate as a false starter then, earning the same minutes. The point is that Hump was nice especially last year off the bench*. Funny thing is I don't even remember why he was coming of the bench and for who, but he used to bring energy and make defensive plays immediately, just like Evans did the first game.
    And the thing about Avery is, I really don't see how he is better than Frank. With Frank there used to be many games where the Nets would go down 30-40 pts and rush in the 4th to make it a respectable 10 point loss. Sure Avery got Dallas to the finals in his first full year as a coach, but yeah, Frank also has the best debut for a coach in all of major sports. I'm just a little sour over the Minnesota game still. But it was also a team with many new players, it was also just their second game. They did have Adelman standing next to the bench.

* I just checked this, it was his breakout year when Kim Kardashian was watching him from the stands. And Sharapova was there too. Good days.
    Last edited by iceteawithlemon; 11-08-2012 at 11:22 AM.

vCash
    Perhaps he could operate as a false starter then, earning the same minutes. The point is that Hump was nice especially last year off the bench*. Funny thing is I don't even remember why he was coming of the bench and for who, but he used to bring energy and make defensive plays immediately, just like Evans did the first game.
    And the thing about Avery is, I really don't see how he is better than Frank. With Frank there used to be many games where the Nets would go down 30-40 pts and rush in the 4th to make it a respectable 10 point loss. Sure Avery got Dallas to the finals in his first full year as a coach, but yeah, Frank also has the best debut for a coach in all of major sports. I'm just a little sour over the Minnesota game still. But it was also a team with many new players, it was also just their second game. They did have Adelman standing next to the bench.

* I just checked this, it was his breakout year when Kim Kardashian was watching him from the stands. And Sharapova was there too. Good days.
    Avery is better than Frank by a lot. However he is still bad. The roster does not fit the coach style. At all.

vCash
    Doesn't Miami role with

Chalmers
    Wade
    LBJ
    Battier
    Bosh/Halsem
    ????

If Lopez continues to suck I dont see why we cant do the same

Deron
    Brooks
    JJ
    Crash
    Blatche/Hump

The ball movement would be alot better and so would the defensive rotations. Size in the middle is overrated defensively it's all about how quickly you can move the double teams and create turnovers.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 11-08-2012 at 01:00 PM.

vCash
    when did asik become an elite defender? he struggles to get 6 ppg

vCash
    idk why trolls come in here to taunt DMF. He has literally never made a post in the Nets forum.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast