Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Robinson Cano and a possible Contract Extension

i was just listening to michael kay and buster olney was on mentioning the yankees talking possible contract extensions, especially w/ cano playing in his final year of his current contract.

no one can deny what cano is worth; cano, imo, is a top 5 mlb player. if cano ever became a free agent, i would assume every team would make an offer for this superstar.

if the yankees offer cano 5yr 125mill an cano/boras want between 8-10 yrs at 250mill.

if you're cashman/yankee ownership, do you give cano 8-10yrs at 25mill per season? personally, if i were the yankees, i'd offer cano, at most, 6yrs 150mill. but if boras replies, "no deal! more yrs!" would you trade cano or let cano play out the final year of the contract(he becomes a free agent)?

if you decide to trade cano, in my opinion, you could get a "kings ransom" return for cano. the yankees, with this trade, could indeed restock their entire minor league system by trading cano.

lets say you were cashman now and you could trade cano. where would you trade cano and what would you ask for in return?

vCash
    He's the best second baseman in the game. I would kill for him to be on the Mets. But 250 million? I think that's a bit much.

vCash
    They should trade him and sign him in the offseason, a big middle finger to whoever deals the haul of specs it'll take to get him.

vCash
    though baltimore and toronto both have pretty heavy minor league systems and are willing to spend big money on a player, i know(hopefully) the yankees wouldnt be dumb enough to trade him within the division

vCash
    I think teams are starting to learn from the A-Rod deal that giving guys 10 year contracts (especially the Yankees) into their 30s is not the best idea.

I don't honestly see Cano getting more than 5 years with an option from the Yankees, they'll give him the annual money he wants but he won't see 10 years from them.

Whatever the case is, they should start talking that contract now because he is steadfast with those demands they might not have any other choice but to deal him.

vCash
    I hope they don't give him anything close to 10 years. He'll be 31 when he hits free agency. I would offer 5/90. If he wants more, let him get it elsewhere.

As far as trading him, I don't know how much of a king's ransom they get, given that he's basically a 1 year rental. Still, a year of Cano is pretty valuable, so maybe they could get a nice haul. That's really an academic question though, because they won't trade him.

vCash
    I really hope the Yankees give him a 10 year deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I hope they don't give him anything close to 10 years. He'll be 31 when he hits free agency. I would offer 5/90. If he wants more, let him get it elsewhere.

As far as trading him, I don't know how much of a king's ransom they get, given that he's basically a 1 year rental. Still, a year of Cano is pretty valuable, so maybe they could get a nice haul. That's really an academic question though, because they won't trade him.
    well then he will go elsewhere....People like Bourne will get that kind of money.... I would not go over 150 mill on cano but 5/90 for a player of his caliber just will not do it.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    250 million is reserved for 2000 A-rod or 2012 Trout type guys. Not only do they have to be the best player in the game, but they have to be young enough to produce for the whole contract.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    He is worth about 18-22 million per season.

His lazy effort play though bothers me individually, but he obviously performs.

18-22 million per year for 7-8 years is what he will probably get, and likely earn.

I think he'll top 150 million, but not 200

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    I really hope the Yankees give him a 10 year deal.
    They certainly will not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post

5 years would be ideal for extending Cano. He seems to be shooting for a mega contract so I won't be surprised if he tests the open market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    5 years would be ideal for extending Cano. He seems to be shooting for a mega contract so I won't be surprised if he tests the open market.
    Yeah, he expects a mega contract, but nobody is going to top whatever the Yankees will give him in the end, he will end up settling for their best offer

vCash
    Is it me or can anyone else see him in a Dodger uniform too?

vCash
    I think he'll be a Yankee for life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast