Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Carter single-handedly put Toronto on the map you can't deny that.
    What's with the cliches? "Put them on the map"? Who cares? And apparently you didn't read his post because he pointed out that VC did NOT do it single-handedly.

No one would watch the Raptors anymore than they do now if they had a Vinceless team.
    Vince or no Vince, people watch when the team wins. I couldn't care less if it requires a showboat player to make people watch. If it's that desperate then basketball doesn't belong in Canada.

you're being pathetic. The only reason you say that is because the Raptors don't have a superstar anymore. If they had a new one I guarentee they'd be rubbing his nut sack every single night threads on threads on threads
    Maybe kids would. You measure success by nut rubbing? Others measure it by SUCCESS. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Carter tipped off a play to the Sonics bench during the final minute of the Raptors 101-94 loss to Seattle in Toronto. He can go **** himself most of us don't want him back
    This. One very good example of the lack of character of the guy who did more harm than good for Toronto. He just wasn't good enough to pull antics like this. Look at his overall career. A few prime years and then steadily down. With the Nets he was good, with the Magic he was pretty bad, with the Suns he was awful, and now he's just another player on a Mavs team that is rebuilding. Each team had poorer results after he joined them when he left the Raptors. Tells you something about his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    This. One very good example of the lack of character of the guy who did more harm than good for Toronto. He just wasn't good enough to pull antics like this. Look at his overall career. A few prime years and then steadily down. With the Nets he was good, with the Magic he was pretty bad, with the Suns he was awful, and now he's just another player on a Mavs team that is rebuilding. Each team had poorer results after he joined them when he left the Raptors. Tells you something about his career.
    Oh you mean when he was 33 years old and the 3rd best player on a magic team that went to the east finals? Lol come on man i know you don't like the guy but you're just blatantly hating on him

You're talking as if he brought down every franchise he went to

The suns were already a non-playoff team when he went there and now he's a ROLE PLAYER on a mavs (playoff) team

Clearly he didn't fulfill his potential but i think he's doing pretty good how he is.. And you know what else he doesn't get credit for.. He's a former star who in his older days is willingly embracing his role as a complementary piece. You've got to respect him for that.. All this talk about his character but you fail to see that he's grown up and has matured from his past mistakes.

vCash
    First of all i want to say i was watching basketball the day the raptors were playing. Vince Carter did some incredible hings to make an expansion franchise develop into their brand of the so called raptors. He put the city of Toronto on the map in the eyes of basketball, he dunked over a 7 foot dude during the Olympics. He slammed our minds with the 360 dunk and between his legs dunks at the dunk contest. He made our hearts smile when we almost had a chance to reach the conference finals. However with all the good there is a major bad that comes with the story.

By publicly humiliating the Raptors saying he doesn't want to be part of a small market team in Canada and by demanding a trade he tarnished his legacy.

1 Instead of talking to the GM politely he went public
    2 He under performed that year averaging 15 points hurting his trade value
    3 Due to his lack of motivation we got garbage pieces via trade as no one predicted the explosion of 27 game he had playing with the nets. Vince fully checked out and left Canada behind him for good. IT was a bitter divorce that fans are yet recovering from. It might have paved the way for more bias about a large market team that has all the money except its in Canada.

Now if this jerk wants to come back hell no i wont appreciate this because he is garbage now and he knows no team will pay him taht cash probably the vetrans minum. He may think RaptorsFans are gonna forgive this jerk hell no. I will personaly go to the Acc and spill or throw something on him. Get lost Vince Carter you left Toronto to win a championship, you have no rings in your hand no hops no game u soar looser want to make it back to Toronto and revitalize your name. Seriously Vince Carter your lucky im not the Gm of toronto or i would break your face open for good. The nerve of this ***** to come back to Toronto. Make a statement Toronto Fans and respond to Vince "stating we dont want you Vince go play for the vets min somewher else looser" You suck!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    Good luck with the Raptors even wanting you back VC.
    lol, you haven't seen us play this season yet, have you?

vCash
    ^relax, he didn't come out saying this. He was interviewed by a Toronto interviewer. They asked him what he'd think about coming back to Toronto and he said nothing but sincere and nice things.

You guys fail at maturing over the years.

vCash
    ^relax, he didn't come out saying this. He was interviewed by a Toronto interviewer. They asked him what he'd think about coming back to Toronto and he said nothing but sincere and nice things.

You guys fail at maturing over the years.
    Carter tipped off a play to the Sonics bench during the final minute of the Raptors 101-94 loss to Seattle in Toronto.

Carter tipped off a play to the Sonics bench during the final minute of the Raptors 101-94 loss to Seattle in Toronto.

read that and if you don't get it read it again why the **** would we want him back now when he is old and washed up?

vCash

VC says he'd be open to rejoining Raptors at some point

Just curious, but how do you know that for sure? I forgot how that became news.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Just curious, but how do you know that for sure? I forgot how that became news.
    there's a video/link posted on the first page.

also the former coach Sam Mitchell said in his interview that same day that VC came to him the day before the trade saying he wanted to work things out and stay with the Raptors. The GM at the time (idiot) said he already had a deal on the table with the Nets (one of the worst deals ever), and that he was gonna go through with it. So realistically Vince should have stayed on the Raptors for at least another few years.

vCash
    LOL @ mad Toronto fans hating Vince.

The best Raptor to ever wear the uniform. The man who lead the Raptors furthest in the playoffs. The man who put this city on the map basketball-wise.

Hate the terrible ownership and management who couldn't get it together. If it was a good situation for him to stay then he would have. Anyone would have. I wouldn't say he was someone who could put a team on his shoulders, but he was definitely the best player we ever had here and was a solid piece to build around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marvILLous View Post
    Oh you mean when he was 33 years old and the 3rd best player on a magic team that went to the east finals? Lol come on man i know you don't like the guy but you're just blatantly hating on him

The suns were already a non-playoff team when he went there and now he's a ROLE PLAYER on a mavs (playoff) team

Clearly he didn't fulfill his potential but i think he's doing pretty good how he is.. And you know what else he doesn't get credit for.. He's a former star who in his older days is willingly embracing his role as a complementary piece. You've got to respect him for that.. All this talk about his character but you fail to see that he's grown up and has matured from his past mistakes.
    Hes been praised for his leadership at every stop since Toronto. In fact I just read Carlisle doing so this morning, saying hes been a go-to player for them in Dirk's absence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    LOL @ mad Toronto fans hating Vince.

The best Raptor to ever wear the uniform. The man who lead the Raptors furthest in the playoffs. The man who put this city on the map basketball-wise.

Hate the terrible ownership and management who couldn't get it together. If it was a good situation for him to stay then he would have. Anyone would have. I wouldn't say he was someone who could put a team on his shoulders, but he was definitely the best player we ever had here and was a solid piece to build around.
    no ones mad at him that he left i don't know if you noticed but hes not the only star to leave. im sorry raptor fans don't respect cry babies like wince

vCash

there's a video/link posted on the first page.

also the former coach Sam Mitchell said in his interview that same day that VC came to him the day before the trade saying he wanted to work things out and stay with the Raptors. The GM at the time (idiot) said he already had a deal on the table with the Nets (one of the worst deals ever), and that he was gonna go through with it. So realistically Vince should have stayed on the Raptors for at least another few years.
    Sorry I didn't phrase my question correctly, I know how it became news In the sense that Vince said something to Ray Allen but how do we know for sure that he was telling him the play?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marvILLous View Post
    No, just that he was no difference maker in any of those places. In NJ, ORL, and DAL the teams all did better the year before he arrived. Shouldn't a so-called "impact" player improve a team's chances?? Or maybe his "impact" was limited to dunk contests.

All this talk about his character but you fail to see that he's grown up and has matured from his past mistakes.
    That's great. Doesn't change the fact that his antics ended up costing the Raptors dearly. Faking injury and tipping off the opposition about plays is even lower than Melo and DHoward.

But good that he's finally learned to be humble. I guess the booing actually did do some good, even though I've been saying for years that it needs to stop.

My reaction to Vince is indifference and it always has been.
    Last edited by ink; 11-08-2012 at 10:18 PM.

vCash
    all anyone does on PSD is read the title, produce assumptions, and then post nonsense?
    Nonsense on the nba forum.......get outta here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678