Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Do it!!! But only if we have a retro year where we only rock the OG raptor jerseys and VC has to shave his beard off.. Lol

Raps fans who are still mad at VC need to move on.. U guys sound like a bunch of bitter ex gfs lol.. You're quick to blame VC but forget the fact that we had the worse GM in NBA history running our team. And let's be real.. nobody here knows the whole exact story, and we probably never will.

I'm not saying VC isn't at fault.. Cuz he did handle it like a ***** but you're crazy if you think it's all on him.. And while the booing and hating was fun for the first 5-6 years.. It's not the same anymore. Like someone said, he's grown up from it and i think it's time the fanbase does too. He def seems sincere in the things he says about the city and the team and would not mind if he came back to retire here. It can't hurt?

Let's start looking at the positive impact he made and appreciate the man who single-handedly made basketball relevant in our city.. I'm sure a lot of you go back to his old highlights and wack off every once in a while.. I know i do

vCash
    But toronto FO doesn't want him back

vCash
    I wonder if Marbury would be open to rejoining the Knicks.

vCash
    Vince needs to stop smoking all that PCP, **** him... Raptor fans still haven't forgiven him for what he did to us. Retire his Jersey??? Is this dude ****ed in the head or playing games????

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marvILLous View Post
    Let's start looking at the positive impact he made and appreciate the man who single-handedly made basketball relevant in our city.. I'm sure a lot of you go back to his old highlights and wack off every once in a while.. I know i do
    Single-handedly? Maybe you forget we had Hakeem, and Antonio Davis who put up all-star numbers, and Mark Jackson and Charles Oakley. Not to mention hustle guys like Jerome Williams and a PG who was playing very well at the time in Alvin Williams. Dell Curry, Kevin Willis, Keon Clark was playing great back then, and Corliss Williamson. Single-handedly? The worst GM? That GM got a lot of talent on that roster. I'm not saying he was a grerat GM, but he got a lot of great pieces. Carter didn't do this on his own.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Single-handedly? Maybe you forget we had Hakeem, and Antonio Davis who put up all-star numbers, and Mark Jackson and Charles Oakley. Not to mention hustle guys like Jerome Williams and a PG who was playing very well at the time in Alvin Williams. Dell Curry, Kevin Willis, Keon Clark was playing great back then, and Corliss Williamson. Single-handedly? The worst GM? That GM got a lot of talent on that roster. I'm not saying he was a grerat GM, but he got a lot of great pieces. Carter didn't do this on his own.
    I agree with you completely. That's why I never buy into this bogus superstar stuff. Behind every "superstar" there are dozens of people there precisely to make that person look good, and sometimes better than they really are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daunter View Post
    i wonder if marbury would be open to rejoining the knicks.
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    New York Knicks Pride #2014 IM BACK. LETS GO

vCash
    If winning one playoff series in seven seasons gets your jersey retired, then there would be no numbers left to wear.
    One problem here chief, thats YOUR synopsis of his career. He meant alot more than that to that franchise. Its about HOW you performed on top of how far you got your teams talent and the revenue he brought the team.

Could you imagine telling a Boston fan or an NY or LA fan that they should retire a players jersey after pulling what Carter pulled just because he helped them win one playoff series? Seriously?
    If our franchise wasn't worth discussing before he showed up and played at a high level then maybe. Why would align myself with management over a player? Particularly Toronto's organization?

Toronto is a young organization and it hasn't seen a lot of success yet, but that doesn't mean it should start celebrating mediocrity.
    Ive seen alot of ****** players get their numbers retired but its really a trivial thing to argue about. Its pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things (assessing an individuals career worth)
    Last edited by Chronz; 11-08-2012 at 12:08 PM.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marvILLous View Post
    Do it!!! But only if we have a retro year where we only rock the OG raptor jerseys and VC has to shave his beard off.. Lol

Raps fans who are still mad at VC need to move on.. U guys sound like a bunch of bitter ex gfs lol.. You're quick to blame VC but forget the fact that we had the worse GM in NBA history running our team. And let's be real.. nobody here knows the whole exact story, and we probably never will.

I'm not saying VC isn't at fault.. Cuz he did handle it like a ***** but you're crazy if you think it's all on him.. And while the booing and hating was fun for the first 5-6 years.. It's not the same anymore. Like someone said, he's grown up from it and i think it's time the fanbase does too. He def seems sincere in the things he says about the city and the team and would not mind if he came back to retire here. It can't hurt?

That's assuming there was some sort of love in the first place. lol. There wasn't. It is no surprise that all the MJ wannabee's of 10 years ago all pretty much busted to end their careers. If a fan had already been following basketball when the VC generation hit the courts you knew that they were more show than substance and time has proven that to be correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    apparently you are still.

btw I did see that sam mitchell interview today where he said Vince actually came to him to try and stay in Toronto but the GM said he had a good deal (lol) and was ready to pull the trigger on it.

idk y this was a secret till now.

vCash
    You know what i meant.. Those guys def all played a role in bringing interest to the city.. But did people go to the games to watch AD drop a double double? To see mark jackson drop some dimes? To see JYD grab that offensive rebound.. Maybe that's true for the real diehard nba/raptors fans..

But for the casual fan.. completely different. Let's be real.. most people went to the games to watch the flash that VC played with.. The dunks.. crossovers and fadeaways

VC brought interest to the CASUAL fan.. He brought excitement to the city basketball wise.

VC's impact on toronto basketball is unmatched by any other.. is that not true?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    If our franchise wasn't worth discussing before he showed up and played at a high level then maybe. Why would align myself with management over a player? Particularly Toronto's organization?
    That's a pretty low standard. In that case, the organization DOES NOT retire jerseys.

JasonJohnHorn is right: one playoff series win is nothing to retire a jersey over. Neither is a dunk contest. All the flashy open court slams in the world wouldn't change that. If you took that away, VC had a good but not HOF worthy career and we wouldn't be talking about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    That's assuming there was some sort of love in the first place. lol. There wasn't. It is no surprise that all the MJ wannabee's of 10 years ago all pretty much busted to end their careers. If a fan had already been following basketball when the VC generation hit the courts you knew that they were more show than substance and time has proven that to be correct.
    People were in love with VC though..

It doesn't matter if he was more show than substance.. if you want to put it like that. Because the show is what brought interest to the casual fan.. which is turn made basketball much more popular not only in the city but the country as a whole.

And that's the point i was trying to make.. a lot of raptors fans like to hate on VC but sometimes forget or ignore the impact he had on the city basketball wise. I'm just saying maybe it's time to stop being so sour about the whole thing.. I was def mad at him the first few years but I still love what he did for the city and respect him for that.. Even if he did do some *****made things towards the end of his career here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    They're not in such shambles any more, and if they were it was largely because the petulant little fart forced his way out of the franchise, leaving their rookie GM with no option except to trade him for absolutely nothing.
    Your probably right about them not being in shambles, we'll see how their recent moves pan out but I disagree that they had no option but to take what they got. It was such a blunder in terms of assets received it amounted to less than nothing. Simply letting Vince walk for nothing would have resulted in similar success with much less heart break. I mean they traded for a guy you would be insane to not know wouldn't play for a moribund franchise that had already failed to build a supporting cast. You dont trade superstars for vets on heavy contracts that wont play for a losing organization, **** you dont even trade All-Stars for that. You get expiring contracts, get as many prospects as you can and you take your losses and move on. Instead Toronto saddled itself with poor contracts that delayed their rebuilding process.

We dont know the full story behind his departure, unlike most stars Vince has been pretty hush hush on it from what Ive seen. You can side with a management that has since moved on and eventually failed in their rebuild, or the guy who actually put in work to make the franchise relevant. I know if I were a fan there I wouldn't have taken insult to his antics, the guy was trying to get traded.

His selfishness cost an organization years of turmoil. He wouldn't be welcome back and I don't think Colangelo would be interested in going there anyway.
    I blame your organization more than I blame its best player but I do get the feeling he wouldn't be welcomed unless he was helping them win something of relevance. And I could be wrong but didnt your GM say he wanted to honor VC if the fans would move on?

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    He really would be a good fit, perfect mentor for DeRozan, Toronto has been that kind of organization as well (taking care of their own/former players) they remained so loyal to Jamaal Mcgloire after he came back to the Raptors.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast