Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    Meh.......id like to see him back if only it was a good fit for the team, not just for him to try and restore his rep to get T.O to retire his number.

Also, Sam Mitchel was on some show today ( saw a clip on SC earlier ) where he said Vince changed his mind cuz he saw how the team was goin and he wanted to stay but it was too late. Dunno what truth there is to it ? I may have heard wrong but he said somtihn like that.....anyone else see it ?
    Sounds like revisionist history from Sam to make himself look better as coach. That team was brutal from beginning to end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Its a shame the Raptors arent contending because that would be a great ending to his career. But because they are currently in shambles, it would only add fuel to the hate some hold for him there. Imagine VC at the end of his career on a losing team getting booed every night. Would Toronto do that?
    They're not in such shambles any more, and if they were it was largely because the petulant little fart forced his way out of the franchise, leaving their rookie GM with no option except to trade him for absolutely nothing. His selfishness cost an organization years of turmoil. He wouldn't be welcome back and I don't think Colangelo would be interested in going there anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    VC-Bosh could have been legit.
    Ironically drafting Bosh is one of the things that started VCs pouting at the time. Didn't think Bosh was good enough. Carter is a complete assclown.

VC is a clown who faked and injury and forced a trade. And he forced the Raptors to take a **** trade. He gets no respect from me.
    This.

And it doesn't matter what his "side" might say. You don't fake injuries and all the crap he did if you're a professional athlete with any character.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    apparently you are still.

btw I did see that sam mitchell interview today where he said Vince actually came to him to try and stay in Toronto but the GM said he had a good deal (lol) and was ready to pull the trigger on it.

idk y this was a secret till now.
    lol, it wasn't a "secret". Sam is just trying to make his coaching look better. And DHoward also went back and forth when he was pouting his way out of ORL. No surprise here.

These guys don't want to lose fans, that's all. So they get cold feet at the last minute.

vCash
    who needs VC when you have Landry Fields.

But seriously, I think that at this point of his career VC is irrelevant. He is nothing more than a role player that could add depth to an already stacked and talented team. All of which TO is NOT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbeardaboss View Post
    who needs VC when you have Landry Fields.

But seriously, I think that at this point of his career VC is irrelevant. He is nothing more than a role player that could add depth to an already stacked and talented team. All of which TO is NOT.
    He hasn't even been able to do that.

vCash
    Just a thought I had, who does T-Dot hate the most? VC or Bosh?

Dathomir Rancors (5-2)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    Without a doubt, VC.

But for lots of us it isn't even hate. It's just that the guy burned a franchise so badly it's taken years to recover. Personally I think it would be stupid to go backwards.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    I don't hate Bosh at all. He gave us a few good years and the team (aka the GM, coangelo) failed to build a contender around him. He traded away Hibbert and passed up on Granger in the draft... could you imagine a front court featuring Hibbert, Bosh and Granger? That'd be tight. Not to mention the Bargnani pick. That was just awful. He could have used that pick to Roy, Gay, LMA or even Adam Morrison ;-)

Could you imagine a starting line-up of:
    Calderon
    Roy
    Granger
    Bosh
    Hibbert

Now that is a team. Bunt instead of Granger we got Joey Graham. Then we traded Hibbert for Jermaine O'Neal, and drafted Bargnanin instead of Roy, Gay or LMA.

I understand why Bosh left. With Coangelo running the team, there was no way to get out of 're-building' mode.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    lol so. he made it?

theres so many cynical/depressed raptor fans it's so strange..like lighten up it's a sport for your entertainment.
    w.e you can be one of the guys who boos if this does happen (not sayin it will). I mean it would probably suck having to cheer for Vince, the highlight of your franchise, when he has a good game/flashback dunk while he's trying to resolve things with his first fans.

That must suck compared to the highlight of your season being when Landry Fields makes his first layup.

I really feel sorry that VC is trying to answer questions by the Raptor media nicely rather than being an ***. how dare he
    i know you're a Carter Zealot but you have to understand he gave up on us and F'd us over so bad we still haven't recovered 100% from it.

vCash
    but it's not LA or Boston..and they wouldn't still be a young franchise without VC they'd be NO franchise. They'd be the vancouver grizzlies..how can you compare Toronto to LA/Boston!

after 10+ years you should be open for forgivness. your post is nonsense, just because holding a grudge for VC is all you have going for you fans I swear. Vince has grown up, you fans should too. In 10 years a man grows a lot mentally, and there's nothing wrong with resolving what happened. This isn't high school.

you can pretend all you want if it helps you sleep. But the truth is Vince will be remembered always when it comes to basketball. Mostly for dunking? sure. You love basketball you love dunks..

VC was the show of league when he was on the Raptors. Dont compare it to the Celtics/Lakers standards and take it for what it was. No he didnt win a championship with his mediocre supporting cast. But he did pretty darn good for the roster and city he was dealt.

hell he was drafted by a NOBODY franchise. an absolute fresh NOTHING no respect DINOSAUR Franchise. And he turned it into MUST WATCH TV. Show some respect you unappreciative *****es!

YOU SHOULD BE LUCKY HE EVEN PLAYED 6 YEARS FOR THAT JOKE

no one's saying what he did wasnt a childish act, not even Vince is saying that. NBA players are spoiled get over it or you'll hate majority of the players. But the fact that he made your city even relevant to the NBA deserves more than to dwell on one blip of his career
    So basically you want Toronto to retire somebody's jersey because he heled win one playoff series and won a dunk contest? I mean, the only reason people like watching Carter was for his dunks.

And why should Toronto fans have as high a standard as LA or Boston? I don't see the Bucks retiring Glen Robinson's jersey because he helped them get to the conference finals? Carter never even did that. So you are suggesting we lower our standards to less than the Bucks? Mashburn led Charlotte into the second round twice. They haven't retired his jersey number.

Like seriously? You expect Toronto fans to have such low standards that they would retire the jersey of a guy who only led them to one playoff vicotry? What is your criteria for getting a jersey retired?

I think fans of ANY team would expect more than a single playoff series win to retire somebody's jersey.

And you talk like Carter kept the team in toronto as if there were a possibility that it might ahve been moved. Toronto is one of the biggest markets in the NBA. They have no problem making money, before Carter or after him. They are actually one of the teams that is making money in this league. They didn't need Carter for that.

Why do you think Raptros fans should be grovelling to retire this guy's jersey when he did so little for the team?
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 11-08-2012 at 08:50 AM.

vCash
    I doubt the raptors want or need him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I don't hate Bosh at all. He gave us a few good years and the team (aka the GM, coangelo) failed to build a contender around him. He traded away Hibbert and passed up on Granger in the draft... could you imagine a front court featuring Hibbert, Bosh and Granger? That'd be tight. Not to mention the Bargnani pick. That was just awful. He could have used that pick to Roy, Gay, LMA or even Adam Morrison ;-)

Could you imagine a starting line-up of:
    Calderon
    Roy
    Granger
    Bosh
    Hibbert

Now that is a team. Bunt instead of Granger we got Joey Graham. Then we traded Hibbert for Jermaine O'Neal, and drafted Bargnanin instead of Roy, Gay or LMA.

I understand why Bosh left. With Coangelo running the team, there was no way to get out of 're-building' mode.
    Didn't Babcock draft Graham?

vCash
    but it's not LA or Boston..and they wouldn't still be a young franchise without VC they'd be NO franchise. They'd be the vancouver grizzlies..how can you compare Toronto to LA/Boston!

after 10+ years you should be open for forgivness. your post is nonsense, just because holding a grudge for VC is all you have going for you fans I swear. Vince has grown up, you fans should too. In 10 years a man grows a lot mentally, and there's nothing wrong with resolving what happened. This isn't high school.

you can pretend all you want if it helps you sleep. But the truth is Vince will be remembered always when it comes to basketball. Mostly for dunking? sure. You love basketball you love dunks..

VC was the show of league when he was on the Raptors. Dont compare it to the Celtics/Lakers standards and take it for what it was. No he didnt win a championship with his mediocre supporting cast. But he did pretty darn good for the roster and city he was dealt.

hell he was drafted by a NOBODY franchise. an absolute fresh NOTHING no respect DINOSAUR Franchise. And he turned it into MUST WATCH TV. Show some respect you unappreciative *****es!

YOU SHOULD BE LUCKY HE EVEN PLAYED 6 YEARS FOR THAT JOKE

no one's saying what he did wasnt a childish act, not even Vince is saying that. NBA players are spoiled get over it or you'll hate majority of the players. But the fact that he made your city even relevant to the NBA deserves more than to dwell on one blip of his career
    lol @ lucky. if he didn't come someone else(tmac) would have done his job and probably do a better job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Didn't Babcock draft Graham?
    I think he may have, but it all happened while Bosh was in TO.... just a list of failures the team had while Bosh was there. they drafted poorly every season he was there. I understood Bosh leaving. I wasn't upset in the least. The only thing I was upset about was that Coangelo didn't trade him for Bynum when those rumours came up. There was word that the Lakers were willing to part with bynum for Bosh and move Gasol back to center and let Bosh play PF with Kobe and Gasol and Odom.

That would have been a great trade for both teams. But like the fool he is, Coangelo hung onto Bosh despite the fact that Bosh made no promises about staying and then we lost Bosh for nothign to the open market.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast