Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Its a shame the Raptors arent contending because that would be a great ending to his career. But because they are currently in shambles, it would only add fuel to the hate some hold for him there. Imagine VC at the end of his career on a losing team getting booed every night. Would Toronto do that?

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    I wouldn't mind if he came back. Though he should go to a contender or retire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I'm a Raptors fan and what he did to the organization AND the fans disgusts me. He intentionally tanked his performance. He gave up on his teammates, and the fans. I understand players wanting to be trade. Garnett wanted to be traded, but he never tanked his performance in Minny. Even that last season when they missed the playoffs he busted his @$$ off and I believe lead the league in rebounding. I don't blame players who get upset with the organization they play for, but the fans are paying your bills. You can't let them down the way VC did. And your teammates depend on you, to leave them out there hanging the way VC is awful.
    I would really love to know more about Vince's side of the argument, I have a hard time believing he would act out for no reason. From what I remember, management didn't honor his request to be traded. Which as shady as it is, is a no-no with superstars. Your only going to sour their attitude and bring down their trade value. The minute AI requested a trade, they sent AI home and told him to wait until they found him a new team. KG never requested a trade until later in his career and it was something he regrets, its true he never lashed out at the organization when he did get traded but they respected his wishes and let him decide where he wanted to go. I also remember KG being able to play down the stretch of a lost season but deciding to stay home and nurse the injury. To some that could be taken as tanking, who cares?

The Dwight and Melo deals were similar situations. Melo handled it a little better I think, but neither of those two players gave up on the court. When they played, they played to the best of their ability, and did not let down the fans or their teammates, even when they weren't getting along with the organization.
    You and George Karl have a very different recollection of the Melodrama. I dont think you know all that much about how Melo's play effected the team.

Besides your comparison is missing one ingredient, JUSTIFICATION.

Melo was on a great organization that was building him a contending supporting cast, they just didn't contend because he himself lacked the intangibles AND production of a true star. VC wasn't much better but he put a franchise on the map and they repaid him with a horrid cast. Im sure both parties had faults but in the end VC just wanted a fresh start anywhere else whereas Melo wanted out of a good situation to go to a poorer one, albeit one in NY. His story has yet to play out but there is no question the outlook in Denver was far brighter than Vince's outlook in Toronto.

Dwight..... his situation was just about controlling his bird rights while choosing where to play, ultimate selfishness IMO, he HAD the opportunity to become a FREE AGENT, but he chose to opt in and try to control his own destiny. It doesnt get much worse to me

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    you can't put ALL the blame on VC, what other competent player did he have when he was on that team? morris peterson? you can make a case for bosh but i think he was a rookie when VC got traded. i'm not denying that he acted like a *** though.

vCash
    VC-Bosh could have been legit. VC is a clown who faked and injury and forced a trade. And he forced the Raptors to take a **** trade. He gets no respect from me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by netsgiantsyanks View Post
    you can't put ALL the blame on VC, what other competent player did he have when he was on that team? morris peterson? you can make a case for bosh but i think he was a rookie when VC got traded. i'm not denying that he acted like a *** though.
    i understand that didn't mean he had to stop dunking and just give up. he also told the other team our plays.

vCash
    to the annoying Raptors fans trying to spew he doesnt play defense..doesnt try..doesnt pass w.e that's such repetitive garbage that you know isn't true but will say just to persuade those who don't watch him.

watch a video of just tonight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WxH...eature=g-all-u

that basically sums up VC now days. Cant dominate like he used to but still does everything to be a good teammate. Still has a huge array of scoring ability, makes outstanding passes, gets a block or steal or two and gets everyone involved

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    You know that's sad to me? I think Raptors fans would eventually start cheering for him. Players who did what he did don't deserve redemption.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    VC-Bosh could have been legit. VC is a clown who faked and injury and forced a trade. And he forced the Raptors to take a **** trade. He gets no respect from me.
    this.

vCash
    vince should never retire the guy still does awesome ****

vCash
    As a raps fan, I would welcome him back... people got to stop taking this so personal and realize raptors were a mess of an organization.
    Also, there's many players like this in the NBA, some was managements fault and some was carters.
    Bosh jetted the first chance he got after stating how much he loved tdot etc, he was just fake about it all.

VC put the raps on the map on a whole new level. when someone does something like that, yu let the childish kid acts go. lots of stars make mistakes, im sure he regrets things he did and how he went about some things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    to the annoying Raptors fans trying to spew he doesnt play defense..doesnt try..doesnt pass w.e that's such repetitive garbage that you know isn't true but will say just to persuade those who don't watch him.

watch a video of just tonight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WxH...eature=g-all-u

that basically sums up VC now days. Cant dominate like he used to but still does everything to be a good teammate. Still has a huge array of scoring ability, makes outstanding passes, gets a block or steal or two and gets everyone involved
    That video is a terrible example, everyone knows VC tries that much harder when he plays against the Raptors. Also that first and 1 layup in the video was a BS call by the ref and that wasn't the only one that game.

vCash
    lol so. he made it?

theres so many cynical/depressed raptor fans it's so strange..like lighten up it's a sport for your entertainment.
    w.e you can be one of the guys who boos if this does happen (not sayin it will). I mean it would probably suck having to cheer for Vince, the highlight of your franchise, when he has a good game/flashback dunk while he's trying to resolve things with his first fans.

That must suck compared to the highlight of your season being when Landry Fields makes his first layup.

I really feel sorry that VC is trying to answer questions by the Raptor media nicely rather than being an ***. how dare he

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Its a shame the Raptors arent contending because that would be a great ending to his career. But because they are currently in shambles, it would only add fuel to the hate some hold for him there. Imagine VC at the end of his career on a losing team getting booed every night. Would Toronto do that?
    i'd guess 35% cheers, 65% boos.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I love hearing fans of other teams go on about the Raptors fan and how they should get over it. If some player had done to your organization what Cater did to the Raptors, you wouldn't want his jersey hanging in your rafters either. So we got out of the first round once with him. That's worth retiring a jersey?

I'm not "butthurt" over it, I don't even think about out. I currently more furious over the contracts given to Coangelo, Bargnani and DeRozen. I don't care where Vince plays. It is not like Raptors fans are making threads about this. The OP posted something, so some of us shared our thoughts (and some would like to see him back, though I am obviously not one of those people).

You can't do want Carter did and expect fans to forgive you for it, or expect an organization to retire your jersey just because you helped to win one playoff series.

If winning one playoff series in seven seasons gets your jersey retired, then there would be no numbers left to wear.

Could you imagine telling a Boston fan or an NY or LA fan that they should retire a players jersey after pulling what Carter pulled just because he helped them win one playoff series? Seriously?

Toronto is a young organization and it hasn't seen a lot of success yet, but that doesn't mean it should start celebrating mediocrity.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    but it's not LA or Boston..and they wouldn't still be a young franchise without VC they'd be NO franchise. They'd be the vancouver grizzlies..how can you compare Toronto to LA/Boston!

after 10+ years you should be open for forgivness. your post is nonsense, just because holding a grudge for VC is all you have going for you fans I swear. Vince has grown up, you fans should too. In 10 years a man grows a lot mentally, and there's nothing wrong with resolving what happened. This isn't high school.

you can pretend all you want if it helps you sleep. But the truth is Vince will be remembered always when it comes to basketball. Mostly for dunking? sure. You love basketball you love dunks..

VC was the show of league when he was on the Raptors. Dont compare it to the Celtics/Lakers standards and take it for what it was. No he didnt win a championship with his mediocre supporting cast. But he did pretty darn good for the roster and city he was dealt.

hell he was drafted by a NOBODY franchise. an absolute fresh NOTHING no respect DINOSAUR Franchise. And he turned it into MUST WATCH TV. Show some respect you unappreciative *****es!

YOU SHOULD BE LUCKY HE EVEN PLAYED 6 YEARS FOR THAT JOKE

no one's saying what he did wasnt a childish act, not even Vince is saying that. NBA players are spoiled get over it or you'll hate majority of the players. But the fact that he made your city even relevant to the NBA deserves more than to dwell on one blip of his career
    Last edited by ThuglifeJ; 11-08-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast