0 0%
  • New England Patriots

20 95.24%
  • Tie

1 4.76%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    Yesterday was a bad game by the defense, I think everyone knows that. The question will be how they respond vs. the Colts. And can the defense get hot and headed in the right direction by the time the playoffs roll around.

One positive from yesterday was that Wilfork seemed to actually get a push up the middle on some pass rushes yesterday. It's the first time in a long time I can recall him doing that. He needs to become more consistent as a pass rusher IMO. Having that push up the middle can really disrupt a QB and I don't think we get much. I think I'd like to see us draft another end who can play in the middle so we can play that NASCAR type package the Giants run.
    no just no
    lord no
    please
    no

F1 is way better than NASCAR...

now an F1 package...sign me up!

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    So repeatedly being among the top 3 teams in forcing turnovers is all luck? Man you guys really hate to give the Pats D credit. It's always the opposing offense screwing up and us getting lucky, even though this has been happening for 2.5 years now. Trends don't matter though, its the other team messing up week in and week out for 2.5 years
    No no, I read your post and it was great tbh. There's a lot of reason for optimism and I already knew that. You could even have added that the Bills have a top Oline.
    I'm just saying we either get scored on or get turnovers, nothing in-between. I'd like to see more legit defensive stops, where the pass rush messes up the QB's pass, or a ball gets batted down from a secondary player making a great play.

vCash
    So the fact that the Pats are tops in the AFC in takeaways since 2010 doesn't mean anything? We're not talking about 5 random games here, we aren't even talking about a full season, we're talking about 41 games. 41 games, where according to you, the opposing team keeps screwing up. Man, the rest of the NFL must really blow then. Always screwing up vs. the Pats. Maybe the Pats put something in their water before the game that makes the opposing players dumber and thats how they get these takeaways. Because obviously the fact that the Pats have led the league in takeaways for the last 41 games means the other team keeps screwing up over and over and over and over again against us. We should completely ignore the fact that they've led the AFC in takeaway's for 3 straight years because trends don't mean anything

Come on. Look the Pats defense isn't good right now, no one is saying that. They give up tons of yards and if its not a turnover, its pretty much a TD. However, you have to give the Pats defense credit for forcing turnovers. This isn't just a 1 game thing, this has been happening for 2.5 years. It's a trend. And man if you actually watch some of the fumbles they force, they're completely due to bone crushing hits by Spikes. Even Bruschi said it, give the Pats D credit for forcing takeaways.
    Forcing fumbles is a different story..yes those r plays the D is making..not questioning it. TBH if the opposing D is on a 4&1 and in field goal range I prefer them going for it because I feel that eventually the D is going to make a play...the reason for that is the opposing O is continuously converting on 3rd down. You bring up 41 games but at the same time they have been towards the end in yards against and so on..don't bring up the amount of points they give up I am aware of it. In the past 3 yrs how many 3 and outs does the Pats D force?? I am SURE!!!!!!!! we are a the bottom of the league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    No no, I read your post and it was great tbh. There's a lot of reason for optimism and I already knew that. You could even have added that the Bills have a top Oline.
    I'm just saying we either get scored on or get turnovers, nothing in-between. I'd like to see more legit defensive stops, where the pass rush messes up the QB's pass, or a ball gets batted down from a secondary player making a great play.
    Well I'm fine if they can somehow get even more turnovers. After all, they are better than just a regular stop.

But I understand your point. Right now, it really is be scored on or get a turnover. And obviously we're not going to get 4-5 turnovers every game so we do need to get some more stops. But I think we should improve. There's quite a bit of talent on the D now so I think its going to be about fixing our communication issues and hoping we can somehow find another safety who can play next to McCourty (hopefully Wilson is able to learn fast and step up).

Also, I'm not really a fan of the zone we've been playing. Hopefully by the end of the year, BB has enough confidence that the secondary can play some man because this zone is just not going to work against the upper echelon QBs.

I also think the offense still has some room to grow as well, which is both an exciting and scary (for the other team) thought. I don't know that the deep ball to Lloyd will ever click but even if it doesn't, Brady's chemistry with Lloyd can still be better (specifically on the outside routes). And of course, we've been playing this whole time without Hernandez, who should also help obviously.

Also, if there's a choice of having these issues now vs. having them later when it really matters, I'm glad we're going through this now, while it can still be fixed. While homefield throughout would be great, it's more important for the team to be playing its best ball going into the playoffs.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    I actually wish our D got more respect for it's ability to create turnovers. Every year we're one of the top turnover teams, yet all I ever hear is "Patriot's D sucks"

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920