Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Jets have 4 players currently tied with 2 sacks, who breaks away with the lead?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quinton Coples

16 64.00%
  • Calvin Pace

3 12.00%
  • Bryan Thomas

1 4.00%
  • Garrett McIntyre

2 8.00%
  • Other

3 12.00%
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We are not confident because:

- Seattle is a beast at home
    - Their defense plays very fast, and we have played like crap against top tier D's
    - Lynch > Greene
    - Wilson > Sanchez (which is pathetic)

The absolute key to the game is our ability to run it. If we can't we're dead. I think our D will play a pretty good game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    If the Jets are going to win, they are going to win ugly. Seattle has a good run defense, but they can be beat on the ground (AP ran all over them last week, as did Gore 2 weeks ago). They defend the pass very well. They've got a solid defensive backfield and can get to the QB.

True but none of our back are even close to their level.

Can the Jets stop Lynch? He's among the leading rushers this season and the Jets are giving up 140 yards per game. Russell has been very up and down this season, but recently has avoided the turnovers.

Dude is a beast but the Jets do fair better against between the tackle type runners. But he can drag half the team to the endzone also. It will be interesting to say the least. And also I don't think Russell has committed a TO at home this season.

This is a huge turning point in 3 men's careers (Rex, Tanny, Sanchez).
    Coming off the bye & a disgusting home loss vs the hated Fins, Rex has not had good luck coming off bye weeks. He needs these next two games BAD!

If this game was being played in NJ, I'd give the Jets a better shot. But across the country, in that stadium? Not so much.
    I think our pass defense can hold them down though I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle gets beat a few times. I think it will be a close game. But I think the Seahawks have the clear edge.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I think our pass defense can hold them down though I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle gets beat a few times. I think it will be a close game. But I think the Seahawks have the clear edge.
    Agreed here but we had two weeks to prepare hope we are ready for this task because it will be tuff.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Lynch has always ran over the Jets. Even back in his Buffalo days

vCash
    You guys want to talk about ugly? The Seahawks have the market cornered on ugly dudes. Take a look at Paul Mcquistan

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...&ved=0CJABENUX

There was a list floating out there about the ugliest NFL players and both Lynch and Mcquistan made that list.

Maybe thats one of the keys of this team, field such an ugly team that the opponents are scared by the ugliness we bring to the table.

Also, I saw a poster on here say this game is a close match-up for the Jets. Vegas spread is remarkably accurate when people are putting their money where their mouth is. Close match-ups don't have 6.5 point spreads. I expect what a lot of you Jets fans expect and that is an *** whooping, sorry guys, its not me, its your team. One thing I am worried about though is the Hawks have fielded so many bad teams over the years that I think they can be suckers for a trap game and this is the classic trap game.

vCash
    This should be an interesting game.

vCash
    WOW - Is Steven A Smith a Jet-Hating, double-faced, two-timing prissy jerk, that wore his elbow length gloves in the radio studio today, as he completely dissed, and hated on our Jets today.

Look, I have been questioning many things, BUT - when it comes to an upcoming game, especially a big game - for him to sound so smug and secure that our JETS would be HUMILIATED in Seattle, and that our offense MIGHT be able to score a total of 3 points, no more - I just can't stand that cocky little pickle!

It's not that we don't have a bunch of elements going against us. Everybody is excusing the Giant's loss to the Steelers - who CRUSHED them - was because of Hurricane Sandy - and rightfully so.

NOW - we're coming off a "bye week," spent battling the same elements as the Giants, and no one getting away, and refreshing, and still having to put up with no power, and difficult situations, and having to fly to Seattle - about as far away as you can go in the continental USA - so, I know the deck is stacked against us, but I am hoping (I don't pray for silly stuff like football games - if there is a god that is supposed to be benevolent - I hope god's efforts are going to help the suffering, and the needy, and not a football game - that's why every NFL Player that crosses themselves, or thanks god for a good play, or a TD, sort of makes me sick. OOPS - I JUST BROKE THE LAW ON GOOD MANORS AND COMMON SENSE, "One should never talk about politics or religion in polite conversation." - sorry, I truly am, but I would be a hypocrite if I were to delete it - it's just my mistake, and I'm, sorry)

Anyway - I just hope that we have a good game plan, and execute it well (finally - no missed reads, dropped balls, falling down, etc). I know we have to run the ball effectively - but I think we should go against every friggin' trend of Tony Sparano (by the way - he isn't catching enough heat for how this offense is playing), and pass on 1st down. Seattle will be loading the box, and we should be able to get some easy receptions with play-action on 1st down. This will loosen the Seahawks defense up, and then we can mix in the running game, with the play-actiion passing game.

Doesn't it seem that all year - Sparano has been beating a dead horse trying to run on 1st and 2nd down, and then we have an impossible 3rd and long and we go 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out!

Lets make it easy for Sanchez - give him some easy, early 1st down play-action receptions - move the sticks, give everybody some confidence, and get the offense going. Practice these plays 100 times so that they could do them with their eyes closed.

If they have to play TEBOW - put him in for a whole series. If he scores - how great is that! Sanchez has already suffered the humiliations of sharing with Tebow - it's time to prove that it wasn't just a publicity stunt, and see what he's got. If he goes 3 and out - how much more do we want to play him. If her does great, and Sanchez isn't - what is the sense of staying with Mark that game? If Tebow scores, let him try again - if he scores again - how can we not play him. If he isn't successful - doesn't that give Sanchez a mandate to get it done, and if Tebow does well, shouldn't a real competitor come back and top that? I don't care about opening a can of worms - I really don't. There is NO WAY that Tebow is a better QB than Mark Sanchez, and Sanchez will beat him out every time, but if Sanchez is stinking up the joint - if "my plan doesn't work," then let Timmy Try! This is a huge change for me, but instead of pretending that Tebow isn't there, and that Sanchez is doing great (for whatever reasons - if he's not, then give a series to Tebow).

We need to win, and if Mark Sanchez is our Franchise QB - this will win out in the long run, but if he's not - FOR WHATEVER REASONS - let's try something different - I don't know - am I crazy?

I don't think Tebow is "the answer," short or long-term, but if he can help us win a game, WTF-not. It's not the way I want it to go, but we need to win!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    ^ I agree with you assessment here 67' its borderline ******** to not give tebow a try at some point. I do think that this game is sanchez's saving grace because believe it or not its still possible to make a push. And if he cant get it done we owe it to ourselves and the fans to put tebow in and give us a shot.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Good luck

vCash
    You realize Wilson completely humiliated the Pats swiss cheese pass D too?

The Bills are 24th and Pats are 28th in pass D. The Seahawks are 7th, I don't understand why people are saying Sanchez can have a similar type game against a top defense at home.

Greene is nowhere in the realm of Gore or Peterson, who are the only backs to play remotely well against the Seahawks. Good luck and all but you are either sorely overestimating your own team or underestimating ours if you think Sanchez will have a good game or you will be able to establish the run.

Lastly for the whole confusing the rookie into turnovers thing, Wilson has 1 turnover at home and it was a fumble. I believe he is top 3 if not 1st in QB rating at home

vCash
    Did you guys hear about Boldin on the Pats? Doesn't suprise me that team is a bunch of cheats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Did you guys hear about Boldin on the Pats? Doesn't suprise me that team is a bunch of cheats.
    ???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by POCKETROCKETS View Post
    ???
    suspended 4 games for PEDs or some banned substance
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    suspended 4 games for PEDs or some banned substance
    Lol...Didn't know that.. Anything that weakens the Pats is good for us. Though they got a lot stronger in secondary at the trade deadline..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Agreed here but we had two weeks to prepare hope we are ready for this task because it will be tuff.
    Rex gave them the first week off because of the hurricane. The coaching staff had two weeks to prepare, but they've been most of the problem so far. I just hope they figured things out.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast