Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Any player going in the media rubishing any one of his teammates

We need to nip this in the bud right now.

1 - fine them two weeks wages for bringing the team into disrepute

2 - bench them for two weeks

3 - final warning. second offence and you are going to have the book thrown at you.

_

Any non playing member of staff

1 - final written warning. if it happens again instant dismissal for gross misconduct

_

These "me first" athletes are making a mockery of our team, showing zero respect for the coaches and leadership of the team, and destroying morale.

However talented an individual is (and plenty of those piping up or hiding like cowards behind anon leaks to the press arent especially good at NFL level), a team of people fighting together and working for each other is worth more than any level of individual talent that doesnt.

We need to see Rex take charge of this immediately. And if he cant, he isnt a head coach and we need somebody that is.

vCash
    Also the journalist and any other employee of the paper that he works for who put this rubbish out to be banned from any NY Jets home game and any NY Jets media event.

vCash
    Oh please. Non of this is realistic or enforcable.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Why not? Players contracts must have clauses that allow fines from the NFL for breaching rules, etc... bringing the club into disrepute is no different to me. As for benching people, let the guys on the practice squad play. If we lose, we lose. We will probably lose with the current bunch anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Oh please. Non of this is realistic or enforcable.
    Of course it is.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    I'm all for this.

Why does this only happen to the Jets? There are other teams with questionable personalities on them, yet it only happens here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    I'm all for this.

Why does this only happen to the Jets? There are other teams with questionable personalities on them, yet it only happens here.
    The difference is other coaches won't stand for this. Ryan comes across to me as a coach that would rather be loved by his players than enforce any rules on them. He needs to stop trying to be one of the guys. He is the head coach not a coordinator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    The difference is other coaches won't stand for this. Ryan comes across to me as a coach that would rather be loved by his players than enforce any rules on them. He needs to stop trying to be one of the guys. He is the head coach not a coordinator.
    I agree. Shame because the man can really coach football. I would hate to see him go.

vCash
    I'm all for this.

What is that statement based on?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    What is that statement based on?
    Based on I never see any of this stuff in the media except from here.

vCash
    Based on I never see any of this stuff in the media except from here.
    I suggest you look and listen more. I hear about things like this from many teams in all sports and cities. This is NY, so things here get blown out of proportion more. That's just a product of being in such a massive media market.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    I suggest you look and listen more. I hear about things like this from many teams in all sports and cities. This is NY, so things here get blown out of proportion more. That's just a product of being in such a massive media market.
    Can you give an example?

vCash
    I hate to see your team going through so much infighting. It's tough enough watching your team play badly. I'm a Raider fan...I know. Looks like you guys need a complete overhaul like we're getting in Oakland. Keep the faith, it's all you can do now.
    To those of you living on the east coast I hope you're recovering.

vCash
    Can you give an example?
    Most highly publicized recently in baseball, the Boston Red Sox and Miami Marlins. There was a lot of dissent and public back biting from those teams. It really happens a lot in sports when teams are losing.

The thing is that when it happens in Kansas City of Arizona we don't hear as much about it, and when the story breaks it's a headline for about 3 seconds then no one cares.

When it happens in NY, it's a huge deal because we have so much more media coverage.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Most highly publicized recently in baseball, the Boston Red Sox and Miami Marlins. There was a lot of dissent and public back biting from those teams. It really happens a lot in sports when teams are losing.

The thing is that when it happens in Kansas City of Arizona we don't hear as much about it, and when the story breaks it's a headline for about 3 seconds then no one cares.

When it happens in NY, it's a huge deal because we have so much more media coverage.
    Fair enough.

It just seems like the Jets do it to themselves. Remember not so long ago our biggest problem was Braylon Edwards' DUI? Good times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast