Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do you think the Giants should have signed Melky back?

Melky Cabrera is going to Toronto for two years and $16 million, according to ESPN Deportes.
    https://twitter.com/CSNBaggs/status/269514152068919296

Definitely a very fair price for him and it's a very short commitment. Are you upset the Giants didn't bring him back?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    At this price, definitely yes but I'm not upset about it.

Chemistry wise though, it makes sense to just cut ties. I just really hope the Giants don't overspend on Pagan or anyone else they sign.

vCash

Do you think the Giants should have signed Melky back?

No I'm very glad this scumbag cheater is gone

vCash
    I'm very upset we didn't re-sign him.

vCash
    IMO, he couldn't come back.
    Last edited by SFG'sTillID_I_E; 11-16-2012 at 04:32 PM.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    As I said in the other thread, don't cry over spilled Melk. Some of us wanted him but who cares now, it's over. Why not focus on what we still have going on?

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    As I said in the other thread, don't cry over spilled Melk. Some of us wanted him but who cares now, it's over. Why not focus on what we still have going on?
    Because it's interesting discussion.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    In the end I don't think the Giants wanted him back. I think that the Giants left him on the 40 man roster to avoid the distraction of releasing him during the playoffs (which is what they would have had to do if they left him off the 40 man) would have caused. I didn't hear anything about talks between Cabrera and the Giants during the exclusive negotiating window period.
    Last edited by mnp2597; 11-16-2012 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Again it depends on the reasoning for not signing him. I can understand if the players and bochy didn't want him back, then it makes sense. But if they were fine with him coming back and the front office ignored their view, then it was a mistake. But either way it's too late, I just hope Swisher comes our way now.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

vCash
    Hamilton

vCash
    Bobby Evans: "We were not actively negotiating with Melky Cabrera."
    https://twitter.com/hankschulman/sta...35681922080769

Team didn't want anything to do with him.

<3

vCash
    Not at that price.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants9ers View Post
    Hamilton
    Won't happen.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    The Giants should have signed him back.

The Blue Jays got a steal, Melky has a chip on his shoulder and was nothing but apologetic and sorry to the Giants for his mistake. From a management standpoint, the marketing of the melk man and melk maids would have intrigued me too. Blanco is not quite Melky good even if Melky isnt on the roids.

The Blue Jays have Jose Bautista, Jose Reyes, Edwin Encarnacion, Melky Cabrera, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle; thats a solid core of pieces right there if you ask me. Over the spand of 3 days the Jays are immediate contenders. Great signing for the Jays...

The Giants have to do something about left field. The glove of Blanco is nice but a repeat of him all season wont do it.

Let Pagan walk because hes going to demand big bucks and we would be foolish to overpay for him... sign BJ Upton to 3 years/25 million (probably what Pagan may demand) and pitch the biggest deal to the best available outfielder on the market.

Josh Hamilton anyone? (5 years/100 million)?

vCash
    I thought Melky brought the best combination of affordability and ability, so yes I'm mad. It feels like we made this decision not based on what is best for the on field success of the team, but instead over personal feelings which completely sucks. The two should be separate.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast