Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Sports management is a horrible degree. Its better than not having a degree, but it will get you no where
    Plan was to go on and get my masters in Athletic Administration. 3 transfer later, and a few semesters off, with 1 wasted semester, here I am. Need to make some money and get paying back on my loans so I can get back to school.

vCash

Interviewed, Next step?

But what are you possibly going to do with a degree in athletic administration? Youre dealing with such a small pool of jobs

vCash
    Athletic Director was and is still the dream job. Start at some high school and work my way up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginRondo17 View Post
    Athletic Director was and is still the dream job. Start at some high school and work my way up.
    Don't listen to him, do what you love.

vCash
    If they dont call you on Friday, wait till the next business day to call, which would be Monday...and call at an hour like 10, where it is not so early in the morning that she may not have awoken from her morning coffee, and its not near the lunch hour, where she could be out of the store anywhere from 11AM - 1:30PM

vCash
    Give oral. Instant hire

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    I wouldn't call prior to next week, it's good to seem excited, but don't seem desperate.

As someone that does a lot of hiring, I don't forget the good interview people and move quickly on the one's I like.

Being called constantly is sort of annoying.

Once is fine, email is better, calling several times annoys the crap out of me (not that you are doing any of this).

Call Monday if you don't hear on Friday. Just politely ask for an update.

vCash
    Sports management is a horrible degree. Its better than not having a degree, but it will get you no where
    this is not true

vCash
    Even if it is seasonal bust your butt and do a good job. If you impress them you'll have a better chance of being kept. Most likely there's someone that's slacking a bit and she wouldn't mind replacing.

vCash
    I hope for you that it is not seasonal, but it sounds to me like that is the case.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    Don't listen to him, do what you love.
    I'm not saying to not go for it. He can get a better degree and still go for it. If he's not able to get that job with a Sports Administration degree, he's going to be SOL.

And if he has a ton of loans, which it sounds like he does, he's going to need a good job to pay off those loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    this is not true
    Would love to hear your reasoning for this.

vCash
    I'm not saying to not go for it. He can get a better degree and still go for it. If he's not able to get that job with a Sports Administration degree, he's going to be SOL.

And if he has a ton of loans, which it sounds like he does, he's going to need a good job to pay off those loans.

Would love to hear your reasoning for this.
    because a good amount of people from the college I go to that major in sports management now work in the sports field.... plus at least at my school it forces you to at least minor in some form of business as well

I'm not saying that it's the best degree by any means nor will it be the highest paying but to say its a waste of a degree is pretty ignorant
    Last edited by Killerjug; 11-07-2012 at 09:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginRondo17:24232045
    Its not a seasonal position, she said they need to get their # of employees up for the holiday season, they only have 6 for the entire store right now. She said they usually have double that amount. And if it is, whatever better than no job.
    If she needs it for the holiday season, that is a seasonal position. But yes, it is better than having no job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    If you want the job then you should do a follow up call

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I hope for you that it is not seasonal, but it sounds to me like that is the case.
    Just because it's seasonal wouldn't mean that it's a guaranteed fire after the holidays. They could really like him and keep him.
    TAKE PRIDE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast