Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Interviewed, Next step?

I interviewed at Olympia Sports on Monday and it went very well. I got to interview with the manager and she said she be out of town the next couple days (Tuesday, Wednesday) and that her Assistant Managers would be interviewing some other candidates the rest of the week and that I would know ether way on Friday.

During the interview she said the store was down to 6 employees and they need to get up to 15 by the holiday season. Also said I could start as Manager Trainee ($10.25 an hour) or as a Part Time Associate (7.75). Whole interview sounded very promising and the way she talked to me, she seemed to like me.

If I don't hear anything by afternoon on Friday that it would be okay to call? I really need this job and its something that really interests me. I just don't want to be too pushy.

vCash

Interviewed, Next step?

Yes, call friday afternoon. If they gave you an email, maybe send back an email the morning after the interview saying thanks for interviewing me.

Also dont be surprised if you get laid off after the holidays. Actually, expect to

vCash
    Be pushy. Did you call or write yet to thank them for the opportunity following the interview? If not, that's your next step. And follow up if the deadline passes and you've yet to hear a response.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    defiently try calling to thank them for the interview and kind of see what info you can get from that
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Be pushy. Did you call or write yet to thank them for the opportunity following the interview? If not, that's your next step.
    for that type of a position, yeah, i dont think you can come across too strong

vCash
    Seasonal position? Yeah, expect to get laid off after the Christmas or so. I had friends back in the days who worked on seasonal jobs. They all hated it, especially because you'll be working overtime and be scheduled on the worst time of the day every time. Some kept their job afterwards, only because they did exceptional for the money they are getting paid. Sooner or later, you'll get laid off once the store is done prepping for the next year. Expect to miss all the upcoming holidays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Yeah, I'm the type of person who wants to know right away. And when I heard her say I'd know ether way on Friday, I was pretty bummed. Going to call in around 2 in the afternoon on Friday if I don't hear from them. They'd probably like that anyways.

vCash
    Its not a seasonal position, she said they need to get their # of employees up for the holiday season, they only have 6 for the entire store right now. She said they usually have double that amount. And if it is, whatever better than no job.

vCash
    As mentioned, send a follow-up email/phone call thanking them for their time.
    To be honest, for a seasonal, entry-level job like that, you'll probably be offered the job right there because of the call/email.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginRondo17 View Post
    Its not a seasonal position, she said they need to get their # of employees up for the holiday season, they only have 6 for the entire store right now. She said they usually have double that amount. And if it is, whatever better than no job.
    Theyre not going to tell you thatvthey plan to lay you off. It seems to me like its going to be seasonal

vCash
    Im sure you will get it if they are looking to add 9 more people. Good luck.

vCash
    Rondo.
    Be annoying, and constantly get their attention.
    That drive is what will make them want to "hire" you so they don't have to hear from you anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    Seasonal position? Yeah, expect to get laid off after the Christmas or so. I had friends back in the days who worked on seasonal jobs. They all hated it, especially because you'll be working overtime and be scheduled on the worst time of the day every time. Some kept their job afterwards, only because they did exceptional for the money they are getting paid. Sooner or later, you'll get laid off once the store is done prepping for the next year. Expect to miss all the upcoming holidays.
    I had a holiday sales associate job at macys last year. Did it in addition to my full time job. Got paid like ****, but it was easy as hell, and the way macys schedules some employees, i got to pick every single shift i wanted to work. And pick what type of job and what department. Cant complain when i schedule my entire schedule weekly

vCash
    I also got 3 semester of studying Sports Management on my resume with a 3+ GPA and another 3 semester studying Community Health with a 3+ on my resume, and the sports management part intrigued her a lot. And I probably would consider going back to school and finishing that up. Stupid I ever left that program in the first place

vCash

Interviewed, Next step?

Sports management is a horrible degree. Its better than not having a degree, but it will get you no where

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast