Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Take some time away from school?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 23.81%
  • No

10 47.62%
  • Do a semester abroad?

6 28.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Pros/Cons to taking a semester off.

Here is my situation.

I went right from high-school to college. I spent two years and graduated with a diploma in journalism.

I debated all summer long whether I continued on to university or took a year off to work/travel.

I eventually caved and initially thought I made the right decision staying in school. However my focus after the first month has been just anemic. I should be studying right now. . .

I'm at about C/C+ for my overall grade point average and I'm just constantly dissapointing myself.

While I do want to finish the degree many of my friends suggested I do take a semester off and clear my head do something work, go somewhere and come back with a renewed focus.

I'm only 20 so I'm still real young and I have been offered jobs for small papers etc. . . due to my diploma. Should I take a semester off and return with renewed focus or in your guys experience is that hog wash?

Basically do what I can grid it out and soldier on? Or take breath, work for a bit come back next fall and kick yourself in the *** then?

The End is Coming.

vCash
    Dont take a semester off. If your not motivated now you probably wont be later. I should have never quit.

vCash
    lol ebbs isn't too bright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    lol ebbs isn't too bright
    How so ? I'm in a classes with 20, 22,24,30 year olds who all took time off and came back more focused. Who admit they needed that time off to give thewir heads a shake and get some perspective.

The End is Coming.

vCash
    Way to take the bait, ebbs.

vCash
    Take the time off if you think you need to reassess/reevaluate your life/motivation to be in school. So long as you know that you need to go back when you're ready, I wouldn't worry about it. It'd be wiser to take time off to figure your **** out than to finish with crap grades and a crap outlook on your career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Way to take the bait, ebbs.

Even Forrest knew.

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Eve...58d4262d0a.jpg

The End is Coming.

vCash
    Go do your homework, Joshua. I am a journalist. Go do your work. See if someone will give you a shot at freelancing or if you can get credit for a semester "abroad" interning at a publication, but go do your work.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Don't do it man... it is incredibly hard to go back. I took a year off when I moved to Hawaii and it probably cost me 2 years total because when I got back it was a struggle for me to get back into it and had to repeat a few classes because after a year I "lost" some of the core material needed from previous classes. Its better to just knock it out...
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Stop disappointing yourself immediately. How much do you read and write each day? Deadlines are important. Meet them like you would the rising sun, then do some push-ups. Although your post needs work, you are a journalist.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Stop disappointing yourself immediately. How much do you read and write each day? Deadlines are important. Meet them like you would the rising sun, then do some push-ups. Although your post needs work, you are a journalist.
    I read like once a week maybe. In regards to writing? Like notes? School related? Blogging? Post needs work what?

I do a lot of push ups though.

The End is Coming.

vCash
    Take a semester off and contact Wrigley Boy or PSD-Team for any openings as a guest blogger

vCash
    Wtf is this ebbs?

God, you're a mess!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Take a semester off and contact Wrigley Boy or PSD-Team for any openings as a guest blogger
    King Herod....

vCash
    take time off

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast