12 23.08%
  • Johnny Manziel

20 38.46%
  • Other (Please State Who)

3 5.77%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Some food for thought:
    LB No. 1: 54 solo tackles. 12 TFL, 2 FF, 4 INT. LB No. 2: 52 solo, 5.5 TFL, 0 FF, 7 INT. Who are they? #GoDucks
    Source: Andy McNamara

Player 1 is Kiko Alonso, and player 2 is Manti Te'o. Kiko has also played one fewer game than Te'o. Just to be fair, I'll also mention that Te'o has like 20 more total tackles, but I just found it interesting since many are going to vote Te'o as the Heisman. I don't think Kiko should go to New York, but I also don't think Te'o deserves to win the Heisman...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    ^Best player on the highest ranked team. Not saying I agree with it, but I'm sure thats the logic behind it
    I've always hated that. That's just pure laziness by the awful Heisman voters.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Some food for thought:

Source: Andy McNamara

Player 1 is Kiko Alonso, and player 2 is Manti Te'o. Kiko has also played one fewer game than Te'o. Just to be fair, I'll also mention that Te'o has like 20 more total tackles, but I just found it interesting since many are going to vote Te'o as the Heisman. I don't think Kiko should go to New York, but I also don't think Te'o deserves to win the Heisman...
    Yeah, Te'o not even in the Top 100 tacklers at the position where tackles are most important. I knew I wasn't crazy. Said this to a friend and their response was that I just hate Notre Dame. While that's true, it doesn't make me wrong

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Jordan Lynch

vCash
    Is Klein doing enough against Texas to become the frontrunner in the Heisman race?

vCash
    I think it all comes down to the guy that puts up the best stats and is also the most valuable player to his team. Meaning if he wasnt on that team, they wouldnt be anywhere near where they are. Johnny Manziel led Ta&m team is a top 10 team. Without him, I think they're barely a top 25 team. Kstate and ND can survive without Klein and Te'o so Id give the Trophy to Manziel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYankees12 View Post
    I think it all comes down to the guy that puts up the best stats and is also the most valuable player to his team. Meaning if he wasnt on that team, they wouldnt be anywhere near where they are. Johnny Manziel led Ta&m team is a top 10 team. Without him, I think they're barely a top 25 team. Kstate and ND can survive without Klein and Te'o so Id give the Trophy to Manziel
    I think the race is between Manziel and Klein. I think you could make an argument for both.

vCash
    Te'o winning the Heisman would be a total disgrace. He's the second best player on his defensive unit.

vCash
    I saw this article making comparisons between Klein and Manziel. There are some good points.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-...s-collin-klein

Manziel stats http://espn.go.com/college-football/...johnny-manziel

Klein stats http://espn.go.com/college-football/...3/collin-klein
    Last edited by Wingman; 12-03-2012 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    Honorable mention to Arizona sophomore RB Ka'Deem Carey who led the nation in rushing with 1,757 yards, an average of 146 per game. He also had close to 300 yards receiving and scored 21 TDs. I believe he is the first Arizona Wildcat to ever lead the nation in rushing, not a bad year at all for the Tucson native!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Te'o winning the Heisman would be a total disgrace. He's the second best player on his defensive unit.
    Completely agree. If he didn't play for Notre Dame, then no one would even mention his name once in the discussion. The whole idea is a bit of a joke. Not even close to best defensive player in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I've always hated that. That's just pure laziness by the awful Heisman voters.

Yeah, Te'o not even in the Top 100 tacklers at the position where tackles are most important. I knew I wasn't crazy. Said this to a friend and their response was that I just hate Notre Dame. While that's true, it doesn't make me wrong
    But a guy like Teo who is on a defense that forces a lot of 3 and outs isn't on the field as much as a LB who's defense isn't that good. So he won't get as many tackles. This is why it's impossible to compare offensive and defensive players for the Heisman. I'm still surprised Woodson won it 15 years ago.

vCash

2012 Heisman Discussion

I honestly think Teo has no business in this discussion. Really pulling for Manziel to win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    But a guy like Teo who is on a defense that forces a lot of 3 and outs isn't on the field as much as a LB who's defense isn't that good. So he won't get as many tackles. This is why it's impossible to compare offensive and defensive players for the Heisman. I'm still surprised Woodson won it 15 years ago.
    LSU's defense was really good this year, but Te'o was outperformed by Kevin Minter. I don't see anyone putting Minter's name in the discussion.

Hell, Ryan Shazier at Ohio State COMPLTELY outperformed Te'o and is a defensive leader on an undefeated team. No Heisman love?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertys View Post
    I honestly think Teo has no business in this discussion. Really pulling for Manziel to win
    absolutely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34
    I'm still surprised Woodson won it 15 years ago.
    I still say Randy Moss was the best player in the country at that time, but there was zero chance he was going to win it because of the off-field stuff.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast