Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Collin Klein

    13 25.00%
  • Kenjon Barner

    1 1.92%
  • AJ McCarron

    0 0%
  • Braxton Miller

    3 5.77%
  • Manti Te'o

    12 23.08%
  • Johnny Manziel

    20 38.46%
  • Other (Please State Who)

    3 5.77%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,329
    vCash
    1500
    The award is Johnny's to lose now.

    The Gatorslayer should be at the ceremony though.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,091
    vCash
    500
    If Johnny Manziel doesn't win after today then its robbery.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,019
    vCash
    1500
    Johnny Football.
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

    Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

    Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    got to be johnny now. klein ******** the bed against baylor opened the door for him. Teo might have a legit shot now too. probally wont be win, but he's probally more than an after thought since he plays defense now
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,471
    vCash
    1500
    If Johnny doesn't win then we need to change how the Heisman is decided. It would just be blatant anti-freshman bias.
    We're better than you
    And we know it


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    If Johnny doesn't win then we need to change how the Heisman is decided. It would just be blatant anti-freshman bias.
    we need to do that anyway. you can't tell me the bets player is a qb or runningback every single year
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    we need to do that anyway. you can't tell me the bets player is a qb or runningback every single year
    exactly, RBs and QBs are the only positions that get widely considered every year.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,471
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    we need to do that anyway. you can't tell me the bets player is a qb or runningback every single year
    This is true. Just a few examples, I thought Ndamukong Suh should have won it in '08. Ingram won it with a very good season, but not a truly Heisman caliber year on the level of like Reggie Bush in '05 (I know it doesn't count) or Ricky Williams in '98. I also think Larry Fitzgerald should have won it over Jason White in '03 (and would have if voting weren't cut off before the conference title game).
    We're better than you
    And we know it


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,091
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    we need to do that anyway. you can't tell me the bets player is a qb or runningback every single year
    Exactly. The award has become garbage because of the close-mindedness of the voters. You have to be on a top 10 team and be either a quarterback or running back to win the award.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,728
    vCash
    1500
    I think the reason QBs and/or RBs are given the most consideration is because these are typically the difference makers on a team. Case in point: What would A&M be without Manziel? Mediocre? What would ND be without Te'o? Still a contender?
    I don't agree that a team should have to finish in the top 10 for a player on that team to be considered for the Heisman that, unfortumately, tends to be the case.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    This is true. Just a few examples, I thought Ndamukong Suh should have won it in '08. Ingram won it with a very good season, but not a truly Heisman caliber year on the level of like Reggie Bush in '05 (I know it doesn't count) or Ricky Williams in '98. I also think Larry Fitzgerald should have won it over Jason White in '03 (and would have if voting weren't cut off before the conference title game).
    Sorry for nitpicking because I like your overall argument, but Toby Gerhart should have won the Heisman. I totally agree that the Heisman criteria is flawed though.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    Posts
    4,040
    vCash
    1500
    Johhny football!!!!!!
    <<<<Home of the Giants
    SF Giants -
    Heat -
    49ers - x5
    Sharks -
    Texas A&M (CFB) - Johnny "football" Manziel!!!!
    Seton Hall (CBB) - One day........I miss Dehere
    Current favorite players - D Wade, Patrick Willis, Buster Posey.
    All time fave's - Glen Rice/ZO, Barry Bonds, Jerry Rice

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    This is true. Just a few examples, I thought Ndamukong Suh should have won it in '08. Ingram won it with a very good season, but not a truly Heisman caliber year on the level of like Reggie Bush in '05 (I know it doesn't count) or Ricky Williams in '98. I also think Larry Fitzgerald should have won it over Jason White in '03 (and would have if voting weren't cut off before the conference title game).
    troy smith is the one that burns at me. that was mcfaddens heisman, smith got it because he was the best qb on the top team (despite most of his highlights beign spectaculr plays by ted ginn, not great qb plays)
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Exactly. The award has become garbage because of the close-mindedness of the voters. You have to be on a top 10 team and be either a quarterback or running back to win the award.
    but at the same time not be a freshman
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I think the reason QBs and/or RBs are given the most consideration is because these are typically the difference makers on a team. Case in point: What would A&M be without Manziel? Mediocre? What would ND be without Te'o? Still a contender?
    I don't agree that a team should have to finish in the top 10 for a player on that team to be considered for the Heisman that, unfortumately, tends to be the case.
    that isnt suppsoed to matter. its supposed to go to the best players, not the most valuable to their team
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •