12 23.08%
  • Johnny Manziel

20 38.46%
  • Other (Please State Who)

3 5.77%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2012 Heisman Discussion

Well it's about that time of the year, who gets your vote?

SI's Prediction
    1. Collin Klein QB, Kansas St.
    2. AJ McCarron QB, Alabama
    3. Kenjon Barner RB, Oregon
    4. Manti Te'o LB, Notre Dame
    5. Braxton Miller QB, Ohio St.

ESPN Prediction
    2. Kenjon Barner RB, Oregon
    3. AJ McCarron QB, Alabama
    4. Manti Te'o LB, Notre Dame
    5. Braxton Miller QB, Ohio St.

CBS Sports Prediction
    2. Kenjon Barner RB, Oregon
    3. AJ McCarron QB, Alabama
    4. Braxton Miller QB, Ohio St.

vCash
    i dont see how this isn't mccarron. he's the qb for the number 1 team in the coutnry and has an absurd 19-0 TD to int ratio and that defining moment heisman candiadtes always need with his last mintue game winning drive against LSU
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Remember when Geno Smith was the clear winner?

Anyways outside of Klein my favorite would be Te'o.

vCash
    heisman is a joke.

vCash
    I hope Te'o is at least invited to NYC.

He's been remarkable

But yea Klein is the leader in my opinion

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Has to be Klein.... I want to say McCarron because he is just insanely efficient with 19 touchdowns to 0 interceptions. But Klein is doing it with his arms and legs on a team that doesn't have the same level of talent as McCarron is playing with at Alabama.

Braxton Miller is having a good season but the Big 10 really isn't anything to brag about this year.

Kenjon Barner is putting up video game numbers but has the bulk of it in just 3 games. He put up 700 yards and 11 touchdowns against Washington State, Fresno State and USC. But what IMO really hurts Kenjon Barner is the fact that he plays in an offense where nearly everybody who gets the ball has great numbers.

Kenjon Barner 179-1295-19 for 7.2 ypc

De'Anthony Thomas 61-508-7 for 8.3 ypc

Marcus Mariota 72-474-3 for 6.6 ypc

Every back on their roster is averaging over 5 yards per carry.

Manti Te'o is a great player and if I were an NFL GM he would be near the top of my radar. Thats a guy you want to build your defense around for sure. But with that said you look at some defensive players that haven't come close to winning the Heisman and he just doesn't have the numbers IMO Just look at a comparison with Ndamukong Suh who I believe finished 3rd in the voting when he had his big year.

Ndamukong Suh

85 tackles, 24 tackles for loss, 12 sacks, 3 blocked kicks, 10 passes defended and 26 QB hurries, 1 forced fumble

Manti Te'o

87 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, 9 passes defended, 5 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery

Just ask yourself if Manti Te'o would be on this list if he weren't on Notre Dame? I don't think so.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 11-07-2012 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    But looking at the lists and you see Johnny Manziel on there and the guy is a Redshirt Freshman. It goes back to what I was saying a couple weeks ago about top recruits going to programs where they have little if any chance of getting playing time. Texas A&M has two of the top QB prospects coming in next year. Why? Why the hell if you were a blue chip quarterback prospect would you go to a program that has a Freshman quarterback that is setting records and already in the Heisman discussion? Unless the kid gets hurt they have NO chance at beating him out for that starting job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I hope Te'o is at least invited to NYC.

He's been remarkable

But yea Klein is the leader in my opinion
    Te'o doesn't deserve an invite. I'm gettin tired of the over hypeness of this guy. He's got slightly above average stats and that's being generous and there isn't one game this year where Notre Dame won because of him. If you are going to win or even be a serious candidate for Heisman as a defensive play you have to be truly special, a game breaker. Te'o is not that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Te'o doesn't deserve an invite. I'm gettin tired of the over hypeness of this guy. He's got slightly above average stats and that's being generous and there isn't one game this year where Notre Dame won because of him. If you are going to win or even be a serious candidate for Heisman as a defensive play you have to be truly special, a game breaker. Te'o is not that.
    I wouldn't go that far. He might not have the stats you need as a defensive player to win the Heisman but he is the emotional leader of that team that happens to be top 5 in the country. He has done enough to warrant an invite.

vCash
    Klein,Barner, and Teo with whichever team ends up being #2(or #1 if Bama loses) being the deciding factor.

vCash
    Can my sig get some love?
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. He might not have the stats you need as a defensive player to win the Heisman but he is the emotional leader of that team that happens to be top 5 in the country. He has done enough to warrant an invite.
    I'm hoping he gest an invite for that reason. The Heisman isn't only about who has the best stats.

Honestly, while Kenjon is amazing, he doesn't deserve the Heisman. Does anyone believe Oregon's offense would suddenly be struggling if we had any of the backup HBs handle that role?

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    While he has been good his team, who was expected to play in the National Championship game and has currently lost 3 games and looks capable of losing another 2-3 depending on how everything breaks. No chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Has to be Klein.... I want to say McCarron because he is just insanely efficient with 19 touchdowns to 0 interceptions. But Klein is doing it with his arms and legs on a team that doesn't have the same level of talent as McCarron is playing with at Alabama.

Braxton Miller is having a good season but the Big 10 really isn't anything to brag about this year.

Kenjon Barner is putting up video game numbers but has the bulk of it in just 3 games. He put up 700 yards and 11 touchdowns against Washington State, Fresno State and USC. But what IMO really hurts Kenjon Barner is the fact that he plays in an offense where nearly everybody who gets the ball has great numbers.

Kenjon Barner 179-1295-19 for 7.2 ypc

De'Anthony Thomas 61-508-7 for 8.3 ypc

Marcus Mariota 72-474-3 for 6.6 ypc

Every back on their roster is averaging over 5 yards per carry.

Manti Te'o is a great player and if I were an NFL GM he would be near the top of my radar. Thats a guy you want to build your defense around for sure. But with that said you look at some defensive players that haven't come close to winning the Heisman and he just doesn't have the numbers IMO Just look at a comparison with Ndamukong Suh who I believe finished 3rd in the voting when he had his big year.

Ndamukong Suh

85 tackles, 24 tackles for loss, 12 sacks, 3 blocked kicks, 10 passes defended and 26 QB hurries, 1 forced fumble

Manti Te'o

87 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, 9 passes defended, 5 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery

Just ask yourself if Manti Te'o would be on this list if he weren't on Notre Dame? I don't think so.
    Do you mean Notre Dame in general or an undefeated team? I think if he was on Alabama, KSU, Oregon he would be on the list. Actually not Oregon unless they were a better defense but you know what I mean. As far a stats, no I don't think he would be on the list if ND had 2 or 3 losses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Nah, it's easy to catch the ball when you cheat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Honestly, while Kenjon is amazing, he doesn't deserve the Heisman. Does anyone believe Oregon's offense would suddenly be struggling if we had any of the backup HBs handle that role?
    "Struggling" no, but it definitely wouldn't be the same. DAT hasn't looked like himself in the past 4+ games and I wouldn't be extremely confident in a freshamn Marshall shouldering the full load either. He is without a doubt the engine that is running this offense this year. Barner has been under appreciated his entire time at Oregon, and I definitely think he deserves a chance to go to NYC. His stats may be somewhat 'inflated' by the Ducks offense, but he is still doing it on the field (in 2.5 quarters) and impressively so.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast