Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rockies hire Walt Weiss as manager.

Last edited by giants73756; 11-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.

vCash
    Congrats to him.

The Rockies should be more popular amongst baseball hipsters...They're a very smart/well run organization that doesn't get enough credit for it. I'd like to see them use some of their young unproven pitching to land more experienced pitching so that the primes of Tulo and Gonzales aren't wasted waiting for the perrenial Future.

vCash
    They just legalized marijuana in colorado yesterday coincidence?..... I think not

vCash
    lol. Are there hipsters in Colorado?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    i was actually kind of hoping they picked the giambino
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Really?

I didn't see that coming.

neat

vCash
    I have no problem with it because it doesn't matter who in managing this train wreck. I foresee Weiss managing two years before being axed due to a GM giving him nothing to work with. They could splice the DNA of Connie Mack, Sparky Anderson, Casey Stengel, Leo Durocher and Joe McCarthy and make the ultimate manager and it wouldn't matter.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    I have no problem with it because it doesn't matter who in managing this train wreck. I foresee Weiss managing two years before being axed due to a GM giving him nothing to work with.
    This.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    I have no problem with it because it doesn't matter who in managing this train wreck. I foresee Weiss managing two years before being axed due to a GM giving him nothing to work with. They could splice the DNA of Connie Mack, Sparky Anderson, Casey Stengel, Leo Durocher and Joe McCarthy and make the ultimate manager and it wouldn't matter.

vCash
    Better choice than Jason Giambi. Still this team needs a lot more than a new manager to turn things around.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Congrats to him.

The Rockies should be more popular amongst baseball hipsters...They're a very smart/well run organization that doesn't get enough credit for it. I'd like to see them use some of their young unproven pitching to land more experienced pitching so that the primes of Tulo and Gonzales aren't wasted waiting for the perrenial Future.
    I am a Rockies fan and I completely disagree with this comment. One of the worse run organizations and it starts from the ownership. Ownership is about making money only, not putting a winning team on the field. This off season they decided to go after Cuddy, but made the decision if they went for Cuddy, they weren't going for a pitcher. Obviously overpaid for Cuddy, we have Colvin who is now better, minor leaguers who can put up similar production, and missed out on a pitcher.

Decisions like this though have been happening throughout the years. We haven't been able to produce talent from within since Tulo, a case can be made for Rosario, Checo, and Rutledge. When is the last pitcher we have developed to becoming a serviceable starter? Ubaldo? traded him. Before that? Jeff Francis and Jason Jennings, which neither are very good. But ownership doesn't fire O'Dowd, I don't know why unless they secretly think that they are not giving O'Dowd anything to work with. One of the worst run MLB teams top to bottom. I feel bad for Helton cause unless he gets traded, nothing is going to change unless the front office and ownership is gone.

vCash
    the Rockies want Giambi as hitting coach.
    Rockies general manager Dan O'Dowd told Troy Renck of the Denver Post that the club hopes Jason Giambi will consider being their hitting coach.
    Giambi was one of the finalists for the manager job, but the Rockies settled on Walt Weiss as their new skipper on Wednesday night. "We consider him a Rockie, we hope this is the spot he will consider," said O'Dowd. "He was very impressive in his interview for the manager's job." Giambi previously said that he would only retire to become the manager, but Renck hears that the 41-year-old is prepared to listen about the hitting coach job while seeing how things develop in the free agent market. It's unlikely he will return to the Rockies as a player.
    just wondering. could Giambi go there as the hitting coach, and also a bench player?
    he wouldn't really have any conflict with being the manager and deciding whether or not to have himself in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the Rockies want Giambi as hitting coach.

just wondering. could Giambi go there as the hitting coach, and also a bench player?
    he wouldn't really have any conflict with being the manager and deciding whether or not to have himself in the game.
    As a hitting coach, sure, I'd welcome him. Anyone was better than Carney. I don' think we have room for him being a bench player, probably cause it takes up a roster spot and his job is to help the other hitters not only himself.

vCash
    Don't know much about him, but I suspect he's better than Giambi.