Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I think they like Sanchez a lot, and there's a decent chance Beckham gets traded and come opening day, Sanchez is at 2B and batting 9th.

vCash
    Seems more like a fit in the 2-hole if he is going to make the step to the big leagues

vCash
    He would be a good 2 hitter.

vCash

Is Carlos Sanchez ready to replace Beckham or Alexi?

Move GB
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Sanchez probably needs a year at AAA.
    Last edited by soxguy1; 11-20-2012 at 04:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxguy1 View Post
    Sanchez probably needs a year at AAA.
    Probably couldn't hurt, but if they feel like he's close enough, then trading Beckham right now might not be out of the question. The Sox already signed Steve Tolleson to a minor league contract, and will probably sign another infielder that could play 2B while Sanchez is getting a month or two more in the minors.

But if Beckham gets moved, and Sanchez outplays everyone in Arizona, he may force them to make a tough decision. The couple times I've seen him play, he looks like a ballplayer, and I really like the energy rookies bring. He's that type of player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    Read what he said... he said IF the Sox think he's ready. Are you the Sox?
    Doesn't matter. To even propose that possibility is idiotic. Mitchell has been terrible in the minors since the injury if you've paid any attention to their farm system.

The Wizards' missing piece.

vCash
    You are the idiotic one, don't come in here calling people idiotic.

vCash
    I think Sanchez's long term value is to replace Beckham at 2B. Failure to get a solid 3B through FA/trade will probably result in Sanchez starting the year manning the hot corner. Then moved to 2B in '14 (assuming he doesn't flop). If we get a 3B (which I believe Hahn will) Sanchez will be sent to AAA for another year of development.

**Although I could also see him getting traded now while his value is high. I'm not sure if the White Sox actually think highly of him. They could use his 2012 numbers and quick promotions to move him in a deal for more than he's worth.

vCash
    Are you guys looking to win now or no? Would you consider a deal of Dickey, Thole, and Flores for Flowers, Thompson, Sanchez, and Reed? Dickey would give you a great pitcher at the top of the rotation with Sale, Thole can catch him if AJ can't, and Flores will give you a young great hitter at 3B who is blocked by Wright.

I think that is a fair deal for both teams since we don't get a SP back in the deal.

vCash
    Honestly I wouldn't do that deal, because I just don't trust knuckleballers. Thompson, Reed and Sanchez are a big part of this team's future. I would love to get Flores from the Mets. What about Gavin Floyd and Gordon Beckham for Wilmer Flores and Jenrry Mejia?

vCash
    Yeah, but you still have Hawkins on the way so losing Thompson wouldn't be too bad. He strikes out a lot so he's pretty risky. Sanchez looks like a safer bet to be an everyday guy, but he doesn't have much of a ceiling with the bat.

So think of it as Dickey for Flowers, Sanchez, and Reed, and then Flores for Thompson. Seems fair to me. Dickey is not risky as his consistency has shown the past 3 years.

Your deal is much more lop-sided, we have absolutely no need for Floyd, and Beckham is trash.

vCash
    Hawkins isn't ready until 2016 most likely and Thompson should be ready in 2014 which would allow the Sox to trade Rios next offseason. He may be a high K guy but he has legit 30 HR power. He and Viciedo are the only real power that we have that are young and will be ready in 2014. The Sox have to hold onto that. They really don't need Dickey all that much.

vCash
    If Beckham can actually establish an approach at the plate, you don't trade an established player in hopes that buddy ripping up minor league pitching is the answer. If this team stunk it up all year, different story. But Peavy and Wise resigning is a pretty good indication the sox aren't throwing in the towel this year.

vCash
    And as for that NY trade...Jesus Christ no.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast