Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am very pleased with Shved's defense early. I thought he would be torched.

I remember thinking the same thing about Ricky, and he was our best defender. Maybe the old days of euros who didn't play D are gone. Thanks for the insight on Roy. The lift thing sounds like it can't be fixed, and that concerns me if he is playing alongside Ricky. We need a good deep threat in our backcourt or Ricky struggles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    I remember thinking the same thing about Ricky, and he was our best defender. Maybe the old days of euros who didn't play D are gone. Thanks for the insight on Roy. The lift thing sounds like it can't be fixed, and that concerns me if he is playing alongside Ricky. We need a good deep threat in our backcourt or Ricky struggles.
    Well, Shved and Budinger will get plenty of minutes, and we have a dude named Love coming back soon who can shoot the deep ball.

Rubio will also need to become a better shooter to play alongside Roy, who liked to patiently take his time and is good at finding cross court open players.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Well, Shved and Budinger will get plenty of minutes, and we have a dude named Love coming back soon who can shoot the deep ball.

Rubio will also need to become a better shooter to play alongside Roy, who liked to patiently take his time and is good at finding cross court open players.
    It would seem that Rubio has been working on his "jump"shot during re-hab. It's not the most explosive or prettiest thing, but I think you'd probably agree that Rubio has a pretty accurate set 3 pointer if he's open. That still leaves the mid-range, but I think Rubio can be 33.3%+ from deep.

Also, Ricky apparently told Coach Adelman that he's going to be a dancer if he can't make it back to the NBA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    It would seem that Rubio has been working on his "jump"shot during re-hab. It's not the most explosive or prettiest thing, but I think you'd probably agree that Rubio has a pretty accurate set 3 pointer if he's open. That still leaves the mid-range, but I think Rubio can be 33.3%+ from deep.

Also, Ricky apparently told Coach Adelman that he's going to be a dancer if he can't make it back to the NBA
    a dancer? That was my dream job growing up, my Dad thought I was gay. I dominate weddings...

Well, any improvement will help, but he especially needs to be able to score at the rim better. At least Rondo does that, despite his horrific jump shooting and FT's. If Rubio ever wants to be a top 5-6 PG, he at least needs to be able to finish, and be a 40% shooter midrange.

I will say, look at his 4th quarter percentages.....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    What exactly do you want to know? I'll toss out a few things the boxscore might not let you know:1. When the team has played good defense, it has had the lead. Toronto and the first half against Brooklyn are examples of when the team wasn't playing very good defense.

2. Scoring has been based largely on matchups and who is hot that particular night. I would say that AK and Barea have been our most constant contributors though and that AK is the undisputed leader of the team right now.

3. Shved has looked increasingly more comfortable and is showing the same sort of guts in the 4th quarter that he did for CSKA and in the Olympics. His go-to pass seems to be cross-court for open 3s. Also, defensively, his size was very pivotal against Deron Williams late. He is doing fairly solid in that respect.
    Exactly that! thank you!

vCash
    I am very pleased with Shved's defense early. I thought he would be torched.
    Kid puts in the effort and that's a big part of being a good defender. I like what I've seen from him also. It may turn out to be a decent pickup down the road.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    a dancer? That was my dream job growing up, my Dad thought I was gay. I dominate weddings...

Well, any improvement will help, but he especially needs to be able to score at the rim better. At least Rondo does that, despite his horrific jump shooting and FT's. If Rubio ever wants to be a top 5-6 PG, he at least needs to be able to finish, and be a 40% shooter midrange.

I will say, look at his 4th quarter percentages.....
    It would have been a good choice - professional dancers party all the time, no matter how old they get.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Kid puts in the effort and that's a big part of being a good defender. I like what I've seen from him also. It may turn out to be a decent pickup down the road.
    You can see his confidence growing. He will be a good player in the NBA, I have no doubt.

vCash
    Is JJ playing tonight?

vCash
    wrong gamethread

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112