Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    It's difficult without Love. Not because Pek isn't a good player, but when he gets the ball away from the paint it's not where he is at his best. Under the basket he is unstoppable.
    Also Rubio helps create shots for Pek. Thing about him is if he gets position inside 80 percent of the time he scores...
    Last edited by Twinsfan24; 11-07-2012 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    I like that we have balance on offense. We don't rely on one person which just creates a sense of unity that allows everyone to be unselfish.

I don't want to get too excited because a Wolves let down is usually likely but this squad seems different and hopefully that stereotype can get squashed and we can just play with a good level of intensity every night.

vCash
    Hello again from Germany,
    becuase the games are showed after midnight here in Europe, I was not able to watch them. Can you please give me some response from the first games and also our new Wolves, like Shved and so on? Thank you!

Cant believe we have a 3-1 record...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    The scary thing is is that Pek hasn't even played like he can be and Roys jumpers just aren't falling..

Once Roy gets in a little groove and Pek starts dominating like he's capable of then we will start looking real good
    I totally agree... He's creating his shot easily and under control, just misses the jumper by a very small margin. I'm really excited to see when he calibrates that baby!

vCash
    I was at Bob Dylan's concert last night, so I missed the game entirely. The first thing I have noticed is that the first place I go to see how the game came out is here. This forum is so much better than an AP summary of a game that I didn't even have to read one. In fact, if I was the AP, I would just log in here to see what to take away from the game.

Second, while I think any NBA win is good, and a convincing win is even better, the lineup the Magic put out there last night seemed to be a historically bad one. Even without granger, I think we will learn much more about this team with Indiana coming to town, and it will be interesting to see, if the chippiness from last year's games comes back again, how the new guys like AK and Sexy respond. I am hoping a brawl of some sort, mostly because I am still pissed at how the Pacers behaved last year, but also as a team building exercise.

Lastly, I am not well versed on shot mechanics so I would like some guidance. I have read a lot of people excusing Roy's poor shooting by saying that even though he is missing a lot of shots, he's not missing by much. There is a margin for error in every shot such that, even if the shot wasn't perfect, it will still go in. The number of times your shot falls within that margin of error vs. the number of shots outside that margin of error determines accuracy. So it seems that people are suggesting that Roy has a bunch of shots that are just outside the margin of error that would be falling but for some mechanical defect. So my question is: what is the mechanical issue that we are pointing to, and how reasonable is it to expect that it can be fixed.

BTW: a Roy 1 for 6, with 5 rebounds, 7 assists and 1 TO is better than any night Wesley had last year so I am not complaining about Roy at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    I was at Bob Dylan's concert last night, so I missed the game entirely. The first thing I have noticed is that the first place I go to see how the game came out is here. This forum is so much better than an AP summary of a game that I didn't even have to read one. In fact, if I was the AP, I would just log in here to see what to take away from the game.

Second, while I think any NBA win is good, and a convincing win is even better, the lineup the Magic put out there last night seemed to be a historically bad one. Even without granger, I think we will learn much more about this team with Indiana coming to town, and it will be interesting to see, if the chippiness from last year's games comes back again, how the new guys like AK and Sexy respond. I am hoping a brawl of some sort, mostly because I am still pissed at how the Pacers behaved last year, but also as a team building exercise.

Lastly, I am not well versed on shot mechanics so I would like some guidance. I have read a lot of people excusing Roy's poor shooting by saying that even though he is missing a lot of shots, he's not missing by much. There is a margin for error in every shot such that, even if the shot wasn't perfect, it will still go in. The number of times your shot falls within that margin of error vs. the number of shots outside that margin of error determines accuracy. So it seems that people are suggesting that Roy has a bunch of shots that are just outside the margin of error that would be falling but for some mechanical defect. So my question is: what is the mechanical issue that we are pointing to, and how reasonable is it to expect that it can be fixed.

BTW: a Roy 1 for 6, with 5 rebounds, 7 assists and 1 TO is better than any night Wesley had last year so I am not complaining about Roy at all.
    Magic is probably aiming for the #1 pick again. Wish we could take Reddick off their hand somehow.

I was thinking about the absence of Granger today. It basically means that AK is either going to be on George or he is going to help with West and Hibbert. Since Williams is better this year defensively and has behind him Cunningham, Stiemsma and yes even Amundson, I guess it would make sense to cover George. Let's see what Adelman will do. It's either that or Shved will see again significant time to help cover Hill and George.

I don't know much about the shooting mechanisms myself. Well at least not as much as some people here. One thing that could play role and I don't even know if that is the case with Roy, is the elevation you get on the jump shot. I would have to guess that since the injuries this has changed for him. But I may be totally wrong here. I think though that most people are saying that his form is good and the ball is not getting in for mere cms

United we Run

vCash
    Kirilenko on Paul George FTW! George Hill is a fast and strong PG though, I'm afraid Ridnour/Barea will have problems again..

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Kirilenko on Paul George FTW! George Hill is a fast and strong PG though, I'm afraid Ridnour/Barea will have problems again..
    Kirilenko played great D on Tyreke. Can he do it with George?
    I agree with what you are saying about Hill. That's why I said Shved will get time, to cover him.

United we Run

vCash
    Rewatching the game, love stiemsas mentality jumping up and blocking shots after the whistle, sets a good tone. sexy is sexy . Terrific energy across the floor, DWill did good

vCash

i got dibs on pek on my side of this brawl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun-b09 View Post
    i got dibs on pek on my side of this brawl
    Pek and Hawks are the two people I'd always like to have on my side in a brawl.
    Welcome to the forum man.

United we Run

vCash
    Steimsma looks like a hell of a pickup. Love his defense, has a nice looking mid range shot too, lol.

vCash

Shooting has always been my strength, and I have even taught it in skills camps before. Roy has no lift, so his shot is all shoulders and wrist, meaning there isn't a softness to it. His three point shot is garbage because of this, but he can make some simple adjustments from midrange. Part of it is most his looks are coming off the dribble. If I were Adelman, I would start running some more plays off the ball for him, coming off screens, instead of isolation. Catching and releasing in stride provide more lift simply from momentum, and could get him going.

The other part is mental. If you are missing everything, it gets to you.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GerMinny View Post
    Hello again from Germany,
    becuase the games are showed after midnight here in Europe, I was not able to watch them. Can you please give me some response from the first games and also our new Wolves, like Shved and so on? Thank you!

Cant believe we have a 3-1 record...
    What exactly do you want to know? I'll toss out a few things the boxscore might not let you know:

1. When the team has played good defense, it has had the lead. Toronto and the first half against Brooklyn are examples of when the team wasn't playing very good defense.

2. Scoring has been based largely on matchups and who is hot that particular night. I would say that AK and Barea have been our most constant contributors though and that AK is the undisputed leader of the team right now.

3. Shved has looked increasingly more comfortable and is showing the same sort of guts in the 4th quarter that he did for CSKA and in the Olympics. His go-to pass seems to be cross-court for open 3s. Also, defensively, his size was very pivotal against Deron Williams late. He is doing fairly solid in that respect.

vCash
    I am very pleased with Shved's defense early. I thought he would be torched.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast