Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Stanford Routt

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    818
    vCash
    1500

    Stanford Routt

    You see this article from MHR about Stanford Routt?

    http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/1...stanford-routt

    Thoughts on bringing him in?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    17,264
    vCash
    500
    I know the saying is you can't have enough corners, but if we can't find room for Porter, why bring in another guy?
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,490
    vCash
    1500
    We have room for Porter but he hasn't been cleared, and maybe you see if Routt want to be on the cheap and a FS as a back up
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

  4. #4
    nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,186
    vCash
    1500
    No, you get cut from the worst team in football it says something.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    625
    vCash
    1500
    Not sure how I feel. He was very good two years ago for Oakland. He has been awful this year. Also, I don't like messing with the chemistry that the current DBs have developed. That being said, good DBs are hard to come by. Just look at how long we have been trying to find someone to play opposite Champ.
    "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood..... Nobody!"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,441
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    No, you get cut from the worst team in football it says something.
    this. we should be happy with what we got

  7. #7
    nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,186
    vCash
    1500
    Oakland thought he could replace Nnamdi

    KC thought he could replace Carr

    See the pattern, no need to needlessly become the next victim of his suck

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    Oakland thought he could replace Nnamdi

    KC thought he could replace Carr

    See the pattern, no need to needlessly become the next victim of his suck
    This guy would be coming in to replace Porter. He is young enough to think that if he would be brought it would may even be to replace Champ. I don't like his pattern with replacing great CB's at all. It's a shame because he is still young and has some talent.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    89,529
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't want him replacing anybody at CB. He is just more depth.

    Think about it. Porter is dealing with this on going post seizure symptoms..

    What if (knock on wood) if one of Champ, Carter, or Scrap dog go down??

    That means that Omar Bolden is forced to play a significant role...and he is certainly not ready to contribute in a big way.

    What the Raiders and KC did wrong...is they went to the bank with this kid. Gave him an insane amount of money...we can pick him up..groom him..and keep him...for minimum.

    You think that JDR/Fox will tolerate his penalties in the secondary?? Hell no.

    But it's a moot point really...we're low on the waiver wire and I doubt Denver will take a chance on him.

    Remember though, we'll always have a roster spot open...because we have absolutely no use for Gronkowski..


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,979
    vCash
    1500
    we dont kno if bolden is ready or not. Tony carter wasnt so call ready either but look at him. I wouldnt bring in route thpugh. Never thought hr was good.

    Unlesd somebody goes down were fine at cb, adams is our emergency cb

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    9,643
    vCash
    1500
    He is a Corner Back.

    Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    799
    vCash
    1500
    No thanks, I think the previous two seasons he led the league in penalties thrown against him.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I wouldn't want him replacing anybody at CB. He is just more depth.

    Think about it. Porter is dealing with this on going post seizure symptoms..

    What if (knock on wood) if one of Champ, Carter, or Scrap dog go down??

    That means that Omar Bolden is forced to play a significant role...and he is certainly not ready to contribute in a big way.

    What the Raiders and KC did wrong...is they went to the bank with this kid. Gave him an insane amount of money...we can pick him up..groom him..and keep him...for minimum.

    You think that JDR/Fox will tolerate his penalties in the secondary?? Hell no.

    But it's a moot point really...we're low on the waiver wire and I doubt Denver will take a chance on him.

    Remember though, we'll always have a roster spot open...because we have absolutely no use for Gronkowski..
    Routt cleared waivers. He is now an unrestricted FA. However, PFT doesn't have us as one of the interested teams. Oh well.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,465
    vCash
    135000
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post

    Unlesd somebody goes down were fine at cb,
    Really I thought Champ was by far our worst player on defense and is washed up?? He should be cut so than we would have room now.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    17,264
    vCash
    500
    For what it's worth, there are rumors being thrown around that it's more than just Porter's seizure symptoms. Like an attitude problem. And to be honest, coming from someone who has had them, if they haven't been reoccurring and they've gotten him on medicine, there's no real reason to keep him out.

    I hope it is just that, but it seems rather fishy.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •