Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Thoughts after last nights game?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't believe Fields missed a wide open lay up.

19 44.19%
  • Lowry went down? You got to be joking. Not now!

16 37.21%
  • Is John Lucas going to realize he is not a premier PG in the NBA?

2 4.65%
  • Jonas showed some flashes of great hope for this season and the future

1 2.33%
  • Which DeRozan are we going to see tonight, the one from OKC or Minnesota?

1 2.33%
  • What on earth happened to the defense last night?

4 9.30%
  • Other (post in thread)

0 0%
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I feel his problem is that he is always looking for calls from the ref. He is trying to get contact on the perimeter and then he jacks the ball up. He doesn't get the call a bunch of the times and the shot just looks like complete crap.
    i hate when he does that but i still feel like a lot of the problem is that our wing\s can't space the floor. if they could, bargnani could go back in the inside, and hit those turnaround Js

a lot of our players are looking for calls. derozan, lowry and anderson are some that come to mind. calls are not being made and its pretty obvious. even close in the games we got screwed over, like george hill knocking the ball out of bounds or dominic's block on collison.

it sounds a whole lot like excuses but the brooklyn game really showed how bias the referees are and i know that type of BS exist in sports, it happens at all levels, every level ive played in that is for sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    im not sure if that is main reason, definitely a factor. why else would they sign "stop gap" C - Aaron Gray?
    as a fallback option for whenever Jonas struggles.

i think they truly felt he was ready based on his preseason play. when the thread came out that announced Valanciunas would start at the 5, the majority of posters here felt this was an obvious move even though before Jonas even came to the Raptors the majority of posters felt we needed a stop gap and for Jonas to come off the bench. Why did the majority of posters have a shift in views? Because Jonas' preseason play gave them reason to believe he is ready to start
    a big part of that is because people feel the centers on our team either aren't good (Gray), or are too undersized (Amir). If we had a decent center like Zaza Pachulia, Omer Asik or some **** then I think people would be fine with Jonas coming off the bench for a bit. But the fact that we don't have much better options at C, they all knew Jonas would start. But the fact is that those guys have much more experience and probably should've been starting.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 11-08-2012 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    Too bad this draft sucks too...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    Too bad this draft sucks too...
    If we have to give up our pick to Houston then that wouldn't be a bad thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covert View Post
    If we have to give up our pick to Houston then that wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Doesn't OKC have our pick now?

vCash
    ya its OKC.. dam.. if they get the pick from 4-14.. dam.. they have a NICE squad! Nice replacement to fill the void of Harden.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post
    we played a bit of a different offense tonight and you could see bargs flourish a bit more in it. hopefully this gets him out of his funk. he and lowry have not meshed yet so with jose, he was back to his comfort zone and got balls in better position on the court, including the post. let's hope they get their chemistry right sooner than later.

it's only 5 games into the season and we didn't have our #1 offseason acquisition and probably our best player. so from our POV, we still have work to do. and jack said it, our offense has clearly effected our defense. i think we need to slow it down a little more and get back to half court execution.

fields confidence is shot so i look for him to be moved to the bench. not sure about jonas just yet but i could see casey moving him to the 2nd unit as well.
    Move Fields first, don't move both at once, see what effects the current rotation would have with a wing capable of spreading the offense. Till this point Fields is missing wide open shots because they are giving it to him. The rest are playing 4 on 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhorvath View Post
    ya its OKC.. dam.. if they get the pick from 4-14.. dam.. they have a NICE squad! Nice replacement to fill the void of Harden.
    yea man,

Perry Jones
    Jeremy Lamb
    2014 first rounder

thats some great young talent there and they don't even get to play LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhorvath View Post
    If OKC get the Raptors pick 4-15 they would be looking at a centre prospect, Lamb is Hardens replacement. Shabazz & Nerlens would most likely be protected.

OKC is looking at currently ranked by draft express.

Shabazz, Nerlens, Zeller (Protected)
    -
    19 C- Rudy Gobert (International) 4th
    19 C- Isaiah Austin 6th
    19 C- Steven Adams 11th
    19 C- Alex Len 14th
    -
    (4-15)

After the listed top 3, I like Saric, Goodwin & McAdoo for the Raptors as prospects but think the class in general is weak, outside the fact OKC could fill a need with a young potential centre on a rookie contract..

Despite early struggles, can't see the Raptors pick being better than 8th.
    Last edited by B2B; 11-09-2012 at 08:32 AM.

vCash
    Already talking draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Already talking draft
    LOL That's what I was thinking. Then the raptors will win a few games and you will see a thread like.... Can the raptors really go deep in the playoffs??

vCash
    Because there is no such thing as joking around on a forum right??

Or people over reacting and saying things out of anger while a games going on or right after a tough loss??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    LOL That's what I was thinking. Then the raptors will win a few games and you will see a thread like.... Can the raptors really go deep in the playoffs??
    More like can the raptor upset the heat in the first round?

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839