Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    He meant defensively.
    Fair enough, my mistake.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Fair enough, my mistake.
    It's all good

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    How would dealing Niese not be smart? Same thing about Ike Davis. You act as if they're trying to give them away when they say they're available/being shopped. Niese will only be traded if the return is worth it. The mets need outfield help more than they need pitching. I'd rather package Niese for a valuable outfielder than Harvey/Wheeler.

Because trading young quality pitching makes no sense, especially lefties. Trade Dickey.

Upton isn't even that good either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    How would dealing Niese not be smart? Same thing about Ike Davis. You act as if they're trying to give them away when they say they're available/being shopped. Niese will only be traded if the return is worth it. The mets need outfield help more than they need pitching. I'd rather package Niese for a valuable outfielder than Harvey/Wheeler.

Because trading young quality pitching makes no sense, especially lefties. Trade Dickey.

Upton isn't even that good either.
    I didn't specify Upton. I actually mentioned earlier in the thread that I'm skeptical on Upton. I said for a valuable outfielder. You have to trade quality players to get quality, and I firmly believe that a package surrounding Niese will bring us a better return than Dickey. Keeping Niese would be nice, but actually having valuable outfielders would be better.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    While Ike was struggling at the start of the season, David posted this in the 1st half: .351/.441/.563/1.004.
    defensively, I was talking...Wright has gained a lot of confidence in his throwing to 1st when he's got a GG caliber 1st baseman with the wingspan of a pterodactyl...

vCash
    The spelling of 'pterodactyl' always makes me laugh a little bit
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    We all know that the Giants have quality outfielders because they dealt the pitching away. You can win the WS with great pitching. Niese looks like he will be the 4th or 5th best pitcher on the Mets before the end of the season. Great pitching, defense and a half derriere offense can win.

Did you notice the great OFers the Giants have won to championships with. Yep, that's the best way to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre302 View Post
    We all know that the Giants have quality outfielders because they dealt the pitching away. You can win the WS with great pitching. Niese looks like he will be the 4th or 5th best pitcher on the Mets before the end of the season. Great pitching, defense and a half derriere offense can win.

Did you notice the great OFers the Giants have won to championships with. Yep, that's the best way to go.
    The Giants were also 12th in the major leagues in runs scored, top 5 in hits, top 5 in BA, and top 10 in OPS.

It wasn't solely on pitching.

Niese is a solid 3rd starter and will be that at least again next year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-08-2012 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre302 View Post

San Francisco ranked 12th in runs scored
    The Mets ranked 25th.

The Giants may not have had a great outfield but Melky was great before being suspended and they arguably would have missed the playoffs without him. Let's not forget that we don't have Buster Posey behind the plate.

The Giants ranked 6th in Starters' ERA while the Mets ranked 11th.
    We all agree that the starting rotation for the Mets has a bright future. The Mets can't expect to make the playoffs with an offense like that and a bullpen that just finished 29th in ERA

Still think that we shouldn't move pitching to improve the offense?

vCash
    I'd trade Niese, Valdespin, and one mid-level prospect for Upton.

vCash
    Sandy Alderson met with reporters (including Adam Rubin of ESPN New York) at the general managers' meetings today to discuss various Mets-related topics. Here are some of the highlights of Alderson's talk and also some other Mets items...

Talks with David Wright's representatives are "ongoing," with Alderson noting that both sides have agreed to keep negotiations out of the media. Alderson noted that "there's much more engagement" with Wright than the Mets had last year with free agent Jose Reyes, who ended up signing with the Marlins.

Despite reports saying the Mets are looking into trading R.A. Dickey, Alderson said "our focus -- almost exclusive focus -- has been to try to re-sign him at this point."
    "We're not looking to go out of our way" to trade pitching, Alderson said, though the GM admitted that pitching depth is the team's strength and the Mets could move an arm in the right deal to enhance their lineup.

Jason Bay's release from his contract "probably enhances" Scott Hairston's chances of returning to the Mets, Alderson said.

Reports that Dickey is looking for an extension similar to Oliver Perez's three-year, $36MM contract with the Mets from 2009 is "completely incorrect," a team source tells Andy Martino of the New York Daily News. The Mets believe they can lock up Dickey to a shorter and less expensive deal. Dickey is already under contract for 2013, as the Mets picked up their $5MM option on the knuckleballer.

J.P. Ricciardi has signed a three-year extension to remain as a special assistant to Alderson, reports Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe (via Twitter). Ricciardi, the former Blue Jays general manager, has been with the Mets since November 2010.

Also from Cafardo, there have been "no bites" from teams about Johan Santana. Though Santana pitched very well over his first 16 starts of the 2012 season, it's hard to see teams lining up to acquire him given that Santana was hit hard from July onward and spent most of the second half on the DL, not to mention his $25.5MM salary in 2013.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...YQfOmvfEvJw.99

vCash

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash

Mets not looking to spend at GM Meetings, but open to trades, maybe Upton

So Mcfly, what are the negatives in that excerpt?

vCash
    I didn't specify Upton. I actually mentioned earlier in the thread that I'm skeptical on Upton. I said for a valuable outfielder. You have to trade quality players to get quality, and I firmly believe that a package surrounding Niese will bring us a better return than Dickey. Keeping Niese would be nice, but actually having valuable outfielders would be better.

They should spent some money then, not throw away 25 year old cheap lefties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    They should spent some money then, not throw away 25 year old cheap lefties.
    Who do you want them to spend money on? There you go again, saying they're throwing away talent. It's just a waste of time trying to get through to you.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast