Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    It's not just last year...Last year's road/home splits are pretty much on par with his career road/home splits...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ear=Career&t=b
    Yeah i only mention it because how bad particularly he was on the road last year.

But yeah he doesn't impress me much outside of Chase Field.

The Mets have to decide whether he can improve and measure up to his talent in the next 2 years similar to the way he was in 2011 (where he finished 4th in the MVP voting) or whether he is mainly an underwhelming product of Arizona's bandbox.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-07-2012 at 09:59 PM.

vCash
    and that strategy worked so well with how they handled Reyes last year...dumbasses...
    "We'll let all of the expensive guys get traded/signed first"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    You know, today has actually raised my hopes for the Mets. They won't be making any huge move, but I have gained some respect for the front office after today.
    Why?

They haven't done a thing to improve the team, now they're talking about dealing a 25 year old lefty...

vCash
    Quote:
    Anthony DiComo@AnthonyDiComo
    #Mets don't intend to strike quickly for OF help, asst. GM Ricco says. Will let market define itself first. But they need a RH bat.

>>>>Roughly translated as 'We'll wait for the scraps'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Why?

They haven't done a thing to improve the team, now they're talking about dealing a 25 year old lefty...
    Quote:
    Anthony DiComo@AnthonyDiComo
    #Mets don't intend to strike quickly for OF help, asst. GM Ricco says. Will let market define itself first. But they need a RH bat.

>>>>Roughly translated as 'We'll wait for the scraps'.
    You never cease to amaze me. I have never seen anything positive from your posts, and just like many posters on this site, you think you know more than anyone else and any personnel in the front office.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    You never cease to amaze me. I have never seen anything positive from your posts, and just like many posters on this site, you think you know more than anyone else and any personnel in the front office.

Thanks.

vCash
    Why?

They cut Jason Bay, something that was obviously a tough decision considering how much money he's making. That was to improve the team. They didn't hold onto him a be like "Oh well, looks like we have to play him again." They said "Alrighty, this guy sucks and is doing nothing to help the team. We know it and the fans know it. Just dump him." Plus they saved some money doing it, which was smarter than just releasing him straight up.

Plus, they're showing interest in trading for some big pieces. I understand that they'll likely trade for some smaller players, but it's nice to see them at least try to improve the Mets.

vCash
    They cut Jason Bay, something that was obviously a tough decision considering how much money he's making. That was to improve the team. They didn't hold onto him a be like "Oh well, looks like we have to play him again." They said "Alrighty, this guy sucks and is doing nothing to help the team. We know it and the fans know it. Just dump him." Plus they saved some money doing it, which was smarter than just releasing him straight up.

Plus, they're showing interest in trading for some big pieces. I understand that they'll likely trade for some smaller players, but it's nice to see them at least try to improve the Mets.

Ok, they finally got rid of Bay. I wouldn't give them any credit for saving a few bucks though, that's all on Bay's goodwill.

They're showing interest, but that's all, the Mets have been real good at window shopping, also they're going to give up Niese, which is not smart, unless you're getting a real haul.

Niese is young, good left who is locked up cheap.

Also, are you convinced by Upton? i'm not.

Interesting point, he has NTC's to Boston and NYY as well as the Braves - what's wrong with this guy? doesn't he want to win?

Also 4 more teams were added to that list.

vCash

Ok, they finally got rid of Bay. I wouldn't give them any credit for saving a few bucks though, that's all on Bay's goodwill.

They're showing interest, but that's all, the Mets have been real good at window shopping, also they're going to give up Niese, which is not smart, unless you're getting a real haul.

Niese is young, good left who is locked up cheap.

Also, are you convinced by Upton? i'm not.

Interesting point, he has NTC's to Boston and NYY as well as the Braves - what's wrong with this guy? doesn't he want to win?

Also 4 more teams were added to that list.
    How would dealing Niese not be smart? Same thing about Ike Davis. You act as if they're trying to give them away when they say they're available/being shopped. Niese will only be traded if the return is worth it. The mets need outfield help more than they need pitching. I'd rather package Niese for a valuable outfielder than Harvey/Wheeler.

vCash
    How would dealing Niese not be smart? Same thing about Ike Davis. You act as if they're trying to give them away when they say they're available/being shopped. Niese will only be traded if the return is worth it. The mets need outfield help more than they need pitching. I'd rather package Niese for a valuable outfielder than Harvey/Wheeler.
    They should be untouchable.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    They should be untouchable.
    They are, just trying to get my point across

vCash
    They are, just trying to get my point across
    The I fully endorse your post.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    How would dealing Niese not be smart? Same thing about Ike Davis. .
    there is no wisdom in dealing Ike Davis...he's the only bonafide power that the Mets have...and without Ike at first, David Wright goes back to being the same scrub 3B that he was prior to this season...

Niese on the other hand (and Dickey) are probably worth more in a trade than they are to the Mets...Niese is a good, but not great LHP that is not overly expensive and locked up for several seasons...THose teams that would have liked to have signed Cliff Lee or Cole Hamels might pay a king's ransom for the LHP that seems to give up more than his fair share of HRs at pitcher-friendly Citi Field...
    Last edited by vtmet; 11-08-2012 at 11:12 AM.

vCash
    there is no wisdom in dealing Ike Davis...he's the only bonafide power that the Mets have...and without Ike at first, David Wright goes back to being the same scrub 3B that he was prior to this season...

Niese on the other hand (and Dickey) are probably worth more in a trade than they are to the Mets...Niese is a good, but not great LHP that is not overly expensive and locked up for several seasons...THose teams that would have liked to have signed Cliff Lee or Cole Hamels might pay a king's ransom for the LHP that seems to give up more than his fair share of HRs at pitcher-friendly Citi Field...
    While Ike was struggling at the start of the season, David posted this in the 1st half: .351/.441/.563/1.004.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    While Ike was struggling at the start of the season, David posted this in the 1st half: .351/.441/.563/1.004.
    He meant defensively.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast