Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Well, I was just blowing numbers and letters out of my ***, I honestly have no idea what we'd get for him lol. Again, I don't suspect it would be anyone that will make any sort of difference.

vCash
    Straight up, maybe you're right. But he could certainly be a throw in to sweeten a package of players. I think teams with a shortage of offenseive depth at the corners would be interested.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Count me out then. He's not a sure thing, and his resume has too many holes.
    I am not advocating giving that up for him.

I was responding to dunbummin's post about what it would take to acquire Upton.

The Diamondbacks are going to have a huge asking price regardless of his ****** season this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I am not advocating giving that up for him.

I was responding to dunbummin's post about what it would take to acquire Upton.

The Diamondbacks are going to have a huge asking price regardless of his ****** season this year.
    Yeah, I got that. Just adding my 5 cents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Muno is not a SS, he's a 3B or 2B. He's probably 1-2 years away.

Lutz could be an everyday 3B, but he's had issues with health and he's going to be 27 next year.

Upton's value is still extremely high even coming off a down year. They won't settle for anything less when they could get a better package elsewhere.
    Lutz has no chance of being an everyday MLB player.

vCash
    Lutz has no chance of being an everyday MLB player.
    Yeah because he can't stay healthy. If he does he can hit something like .250/.340/.450 at 3B which is pretty decent. He probably is a below average defender now, but some team could use him at 3B.

vCash
    On Upton, he hits absolute bombs everywhere and is not a product of his home ballpark. Some guys prefer to hit at home, and he is one of them. He's got incredible bat speed and he is just scratching the surface on his potential. He's shown he can be an MVP type talent.

vCash
    On Upton, he hits absolute bombs everywhere and is not a product of his home ballpark. Some guys prefer to hit at home, and he is one of them. He's got incredible bat speed and he is just scratching the surface on his potential. He's shown he can be an MVP type talent.

Yeah, he's shown it once. His home away splits in some years are terrifying.

vCash
    Yeah because he can't stay healthy. If he does he can hit something like .250/.340/.450 at 3B which is pretty decent. He probably is a below average defender now, but some team could use him at 3B.
    No chance on earth. He's a career minor leaguer at 27 with 11 ab's at MLB level, he's going nowhere.

vCash
    Yeah, he's shown it once. His home away splits in some years are terrifying.
    I'm talking about home run distance. His average home run distance last year was 423 ft on his 31 homers. That is incredible. His raw power and bat speed is what scouts love. At only 25, he's going to get better and better and will eventually find some consistency.

vCash
    No chance on earth. He's a career minor leaguer at 27 with 11 ab's at MLB level, he's going nowhere.
    I'm not gonna get into this exact same discussion again, just read what I said earlier in the thread. He is blocked by Wiright and Ike and they didn't want to waste him on the bench. He's not 27 yet until next season, he's had his injury problems that delayed hos development but he's shown he can hit well in AAA, drawin walks and hitting for power.

vCash
    I'm talking about home run distance. His average home run distance last year was 423 ft on his 31 homers. That is incredible. His raw power and bat speed is what scouts love. At only 25, he's going to get better and better and will eventually find some consistency.
    Maybe, maybe not. I don't see the Coupons paying him anyway. Why is he so awful on the road with so much power and talent?

He's 25, we're not talking a baby here either. He's had what 4-5 full seasons already? he's still inconsistent.

Brother Upton flashed a lot early and delivered little.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 11-12-2012 at 11:53 AM.

vCash
    I'm not gonna get into this exact same discussion again, just read what I said earlier in the thread. He is blocked by Wiright and Ike and they didn't want to waste him on the bench. He's not 27 yet until next season, he's had his injury problems that delayed hos development but he's shown he can hit well in AAA, drawin walks and hitting for power.

When you've been around as long as I have you'll have seen 1001 Zach Lutz's and you'll know what his chances are.

vCash
    Maybe, maybe not. I don't see the Coupons paying him anyway. Why is he so awful on the road with so much power and talent?

He's 25, we're not talking a baby here either. He's had what 4-5 full seasons already? he's still inconsistent.

Brother Upton flashed a lot early and delivered little.
    He was 24 last season and will be 25 for the majority of next season. He's not even in his prime yet. He's better than his brother with the bat.

vCash
    When you've been around as long as I have you'll have seen 1001 Zach Lutz's and you'll know what his chances are.
    You can never say anyone has a 0% chance of doing anything, there is always a chance. Scouts have liked Lutz, it's just his age that is becoming an issue with all the hard luck injuries. We'll see, I can see him going somewhere else and doing well, or being a decent bench player.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast