Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    I am definatly not a baskeball x & o "expert". But with the addition of better shooters I was hoping the offense would be different this year.

It just seems the coaches are Andy Reiding it aka square peg into round hole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    I am definatly not a baskeball x & o "expert". But with the addition of better shooters I was hoping the offense would be different this year.

It just seems the coaches are Andy Reiding it aka square peg into round hole.
    Shooters need a way to get open. Imagine a team of Kyle Korvers. They'd be terrible

Bynum in the middle is going to make those shooters a lot better. The constant double covering on bynum will allow the perimeter to get open

vCash
    The ideal, with bynum out, would be for Jrue and ET to attack the rim more and open up shot opportunities for shooters.

I think Jrue is showing real promise as a playmaker, despite his FG percentage and TOs. You would think that his FT attempts per game would increase as the season goes on. Evan, on the other hand, totally lives on pull up jumpers.

If Evan were developing like a #2 overall pick should, our offense would have another playmaker and ballhandler to initiate the offense and get guys open shots.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 11-08-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

Game 4 (11-7-12): Sixers (1-2) @ Hornets (2-1)

The only guy whos been looking to attack the rim has been holiday this season... And hes not drawing fouls while he does it.

Not one of our other guards or wings even thinks to dribble drive, and in traffic? Forget about it! Theyre *******!

Its been 2 seasons of that tho, and that includes lou williams, who may have been our best player at attacking/ drawing fouls, but, he too, waaaay more often than not, settled for the long 2/ bad shot with a hand in his face.

Part of me believes this is doug collins fault.... You constantly hear him saying that he doesnt care if they miss, just keep taking shots. What id like to hear him say would be "if u miss good shots, keep taking em, but if u take bad shots, ill pull u"

There should be a mandatory 5 dribble drives into traffic a game for both holiday and turner.

Thats how they should end every practice, with just holiday and turner going 1 on 2 into trAffic against 2 bigs.... Over and over until they get it.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    We are all "experts" on these board but like I told Fred that's easier said than done. What if the defenses collapses on Lavoy? Does he have the hands the vision the IQ to know what to do and where to go from there? We speak as if its only a matter of coaching. Yes its one of the coaches job to get the most out of his players but what if said player's most isn't enough. Then what?
    I don't get your point. He was saying that it's not very effective to run our offense through Lavoy in the high post. Are u agreeing or not? I agree with the other poster that Lavoy does not have Hawes' high post magic. In fact, the only guy on the roster who consistently plays like a real offensive threat off of Hawes in the high post is Jrue.

It's certainly possible that Collins is trying to develop Lavoy in the high post with an eye toward the future. But in the present, it doesn't seem to make a ton of sense.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-08-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash

Game 4 (11-7-12): Sixers (1-2) @ Hornets (2-1)

We dont need lavoy to be running the "hawes offense" from the high post.... Lavoy should be running pick and rolls with holiday and turner... And crashing the glass.

Defensively, lavoy is good in the post and perimeter, but his rotations are terrible.... Thats what he needs to work on the most.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    I don't get your point. He was saying that it's not very effective to run our offense through Lavoy in the high post. Are u agreeing or not? I agree with the other poster that Lavoy does not have Hawes' high post magic. In fact, the only guy on the roster who consistently plays like a real offensive threat off of Hawes in the high post is Jrue.

It's certainly possible that Collins is trying to develop Lavoy in the high post with an eye toward the future. But in the present, it doesn't seem to make a ton of sense.
    My bad I misunderstood what he said. I thought I read why don't you give Lavoy. Apologies JPS.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345