Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Dorrell making some 3's late! Hopefully that gets him rolling for Friday at Boston, because they'll need a complete game to take out the C's.

vCash
    Since when did a 18 foot jumper become the ideal

vCash
    Good god Wright is a chucker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    We're a team full of shooters to compliment a beast in the middle... Without that beast in the middle

vCash
    Thank God, we played New Orleans. Especially since it was minus Gordon and Davis. We did a lot of things to lose this game, but a win is a win. Ugly game to watch.

That said, 5 total team FTs, Jrue with 7 TOs, 4-22 from 3, and ET proving everything Holly said in his analysis to be true. He went 7-15 with 8 boards, but he only has 14 pts because all of his made shots came outside the paint, yet inside the 3pt line.

Also Nick Young with another bad game. Plus I would like to Moutrie get some minutes.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 11-07-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    According to the BBR database, a team has shot 5 or less free throws just 48 times. 20-28 in those games.
    The teams who won did it with generally pretty impressive margins, though:
    BBR

I don't really know what this means except that we're awful at getting to the rim and the Hornets are more awful.

vCash

Game 4 (11-7-12): Sixers (1-2) @ Hornets (2-1)

Yes they were awful. Very awful haha. The 62 points scored tonight is the fewest in their team's history, according to the game recap. Aminu was the only one in double figures. Ouch.

vCash
    We were dead last in the league last season in FTs and 26th the year before so its no real surprise that we shot such few tonight. Hopefully that all changes when Bynum gets into action. I'm glad that we were able to put things together a bit in the 2nd half as well. Ugly win but a win nonetheless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Hes a gunner, and a streaky one at that
    Dude if you're a shooter you're going to be streaky. That's almost a given. I don't understand this whole thing of calling a shooter streaky. Some of the best shooters to ever play the game are streaky.

J-Rich's spacing was essential for the Magic when he played for them and if his shot is falling with Drew on the floor it will be essential for us. We need our full complement of players to be most dangerous and players like JRich can only help us when they do what they are paid to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy76 View Post
    Dorrell Wright really hasn't handled the ball very well to start this season. Lots of turnovers and he doesn't do a great job of initiating the offense.

Also, Wilkins and Ivey on the floor at the same time? Ouch...
    Why I've seen Wright initiating offense several times this season.....or even doing anything other than spotting up for catch and shoot 3's most of the time....i cannot fathom.

For a stretch against backups I can live with both Wilkins and Ivey on the floor....so long as a point guard (or ET at point against backups even) are on the floor with them. At one point, though, it was Hawes, Wilkins, Ivey, Wright, and NYoung on the floor together. Unless up by 20 points in the 4th quarter, that lineup is not justifiable for even 1 minute on the floor together. I do like the defensive spark that both Ivey and Wilkins provide. But Ivey is a point in mostly name only. He's a defender who can hit an open catch and shoot 3. Why he's running around screens, passing, initiating the half court offense, and dribbling so much I cannot explain other than bad offensive coaching. Ivey is someone who should hang out for catch and shoot 3's and hope the defense forgets about him.

Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Hawes is playing better defense than ive ever thought he could possibly be capable of.

Hes still slow running up and down the court, but overall he just looks so much more athletic than he ever has
    He's in good shape. Lighter too this year than even the start of last season. Even when he was overweight with zero muscles, plenty of fat, and a bad back, he wasn't that terrible protecting the rim. So, I'm not surprised by the
    improvement, seeing him in much better shape. He probably still cannot be counted on in the low post defensively 1 on 1 in some matchups....or for Dboards against legit frontcourts. But he is Spencer Hawes, so those negative aspects of his game will always be his issue. The positives do outweigh the negatives. And he probably hasn't gotten this high off the floor to swat shots since his rookie year. There aren't many 6th men in the league who are better than Hawes....if any.

Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    We just played an entire half without a free throw attempt. Kill me.
    Kill Collins. I cannot understand why he doesn't take more heat for this.

Since Collins became our head coach.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-08-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    ^ How do you suppose Collins should take more heat for us not getting to the line? Because he doesn't call enough plays for us to?

vCash
    ^collins should have them attack the rim more...the percentage of points from free throws is better than from 18-footers or beyond...

...I am not worried until I see Bynum in there and how the team plays with him in the game....any timetable?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff:24240377
    ^ How do you suppose Collins should take more heat for us not getting to the line? Because he doesn't call enough plays for us to?
    The offense is set up for pick and pop then get back on D. No crash the board no drive and dish due to the possibility of the dreaded turnover.

The style makes everything look bettet on paper and worse to watch.

I get th that this team is not so good without Bynum. I hope it changes when he gets here.

Also if you have two decent ball handlers and playmakers in Jrue and Et on the floor why do you give the ball to Lavoy in the high post and run the o through him( Hawes can do it not any other big) I'm, or d wright anywhere but the corner 3. And why have turner stand in the corner where he is beyond useless.

The team just looks SOFT and I hate it.
    Last edited by JPS; 11-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    ^collins should have them attack the rim more...the percentage of points from free throws is better than from 18-footers or beyond...

...I am not worried until I see Bynum in there and how the team plays with him in the game....any timetable?
    That's all good and well to say but what if the player just isn't good when it comes to attacking the basket? Not every has a knack for absorbing contact and taking/making a shot. Its not as easy as saying attack the basket and we'll get to the line. You got to be smart about it or else we'll just be getting blocked and committing silly turnovers.

Don't get me wrong I agree with what you're saying but its MUCH easier said than done. Turner had the handles, the speed and the knack for getting to the line coming into the league it was one of his strengths. Don't know what happened though.

vCash
    The offense is set up for pick and pop then get back on D. No crash the board no drive and dish due to the possibility of the dreaded turnover.

The style makes everything look bettet on paper and worse to watch.

I get th that this team is not so good without Bynum. I hope it changes when he gets here.

Also if you have two decent ball handlers and playmakers in Jrue and Et on the floor why do you give the ball to Lavoy in the high post and run the o through him( Hawes can do it not any other big) I'm, or d wright anywhere but the corner 3. And why have turner stand in the corner where he is beyond useless.

The team just looks SOFT and I hate it.
    We are all "experts" on these board but like I told Fred that's easier said than done. What if the defenses collapses on Lavoy? Does he have the hands the vision the IQ to know what to do and where to go from there? We speak as if its only a matter of coaching. Yes its one of the coaches job to get the most out of his players but what if said player's most isn't enough. Then what?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast