Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Would you have traded K.Malone or Drob in 98 for Grant Hill?

Would you have traded K.Malone or David Robinson in 98 for Grant Hill if you were the Jazz or Spurs?

Spurs is more likely considering they had just gotten Duncan that year. But would you have made the deal, not knowing if Hill would get injured a few years later?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Would you have traded K.Malone or David Robinson in 98 for Grant Hill if you were the Jazz or Spurs?

Spurs is more likely considering they had just gotten Duncan that year. But would you have made the deal, not knowing if Hill would get injured a few years later?
    This would be an easy "NO ****ING WAY" if Malone weren't 34-35 and Robinson wasn't 32. I love Grant Hill...but Stockton and Malone was too good of a combo, and Robinson was a better player than Hill, and played at a position that mattered more then.

But Hill was 25-26, and embarking upon a promising career.

That's tough. Robinson played 5 more year with San Antonio, and while Hill and Duncan would have been a great combo, they had something really good going there. I don't think they'd mess with something so good...but I doubt they'd get too much backlash for pulling it off.

Malone and the Jazz lost in the Finals in 1998...and that Stockton to Malone combo, even at their age, was too dominant. I don't think moving a big for a wing would have helped them much.

It's tough. Good question JB! I'm stunned!

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I don't think as fans of those teams that anybdoy would have wanted to see either of them traded, even for Grant Hill.

Firstly for the Spurs, having two HOF big men when most teams didn't even have one, it was important to winning. Though Hill and Duncan would have made an amazing pair.

And the Jazz, they didn't even have a center. Giving up a PF for a SF would have been out of the question. They would have gotten destroyed on the boards without Malone.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Yeah I think both were realistic but that the Drob was more realistic on the Spurs part considering Robinson had a season injury the season before. Malone was realistic based on his age in that he was 34 while Hill was only 25, but wasn't realistic in that the Jazz were already considered the favorite or at worst top 3 with Chicago and LA being the other two. So in that sense may not have made sense to trade Malone for Hill.
    With that being said I think the Robinson for Hill deal made sense on both ends.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    I would have taken Grant Hill over anybody. Period. He was MJ with no gambling, no promiscuity, and was a great role model.
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

vCash
    Tough question...

If I was running the Jazz, I probably wouldn't have made the deal? I would have wanted to run with Malone and Stockton for a while longer. But with Malone being older, I would have thought about it for a while...

I know I wouldn't have made the deal if I was running the Spurs though. I would have been pretty confident what I could get out of Duncan (wouldn't have expected hall of fame numbers but would have expected Duncan to put up solid numbers). And having Robinson come back too would have given me something other teams didn't have: two 7-footers who could defend the paint and draw doubles and score on offense.

vCash
    For the Spurs, yea.

I would have 2 players relatively young in Duncan and Hill playing together.

vCash
    In 98 for sure in regards to the Mailman. Malone was 35 and was at the twilight of his prime. DRobinson coming off injury is more iffy and harder to predict. Screw it Robinson was 33 so yeah I'd trade him for Hill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    For the Spurs, yea.

I would have 2 players relatively young in Duncan and Hill playing together.
    My line of thinking as well considering Drob's injury.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Tough call because of the age factor but I would have kept the big men.

vCash
    Yes.

vCash
    Grant Hill, no. Grant Mountain, yes.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I don't think the Pistons would have taken on either of those guys for Hill at that point anyways considering their age.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I don't think the Pistons would have taken on either of those guys for Hill at that point anyways considering their age.
    Yeah this was my first reaction as well. Grant was a monster at the start of career. No way Detroit is selling high on him for a past his prime star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Yeah this was my first reaction as well. Grant was a monster at the start of career. No way Detroit is selling high on him for a past his prime star.
    Yeah but they traded him just 2 years later.
    - Michael Jordan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast