Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Abortion is one of the many "wedge issues" that are designed to have half the country fighting with the other half over it. It will never be fixed, and that's exactly how both parties want it, b/c both parties use it to distract us from the real issues, and knowthey can get extra votes purely by their stance on it one way or the other.

vCash
    Marriage is completely different then abortion. People that have the mentality that birth begins at conception will always believe that. There is no flipping on abortion. For me I believe in pro life and will never go away from that. Marriage I have come around to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Marriage is completely different then abortion. People that have the mentality that birth begins at conception will always believe that. There is no flipping on abortion. For me I believe in pro life and will never go away from that. Marriage I have come around to it.
    As someone that flipped on abortion, I have to say I disagree.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I'm in the exact same boat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    it doesn't matter how it began. what matters is how it ended up.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I think completely flipping on abortion is far more rare than anything else. A softening on positions are far more likely than doing a 180. I have softened my stance on abortion and completely flipped it on gay marriage. Abortion is a life long position for many so your changing of opinion to me is more of an exception not rule
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    I think completely flipping on abortion is far more rare than anything else. A softening on positions are far more likely than doing a 180. I have softened my stance on abortion and completely flipped it on gay marriage. Abortion is a life long position for many so your changing of opinion to me is more of an exception not rule
    I'm not saying it's the rule, I'm just saying that it does happen.

Maybe it's just because I'm in a different world than you are, but I see plenty that makes me think there aren't any positions that are life-long at this point. Especially for people under 35 or so.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    it doesn't matter how it began. what matters is how it ended up.
    I do find it interetsing.
    It was a non-partisan movement.Some of the Original Tea baggers are some of the 99 ers.

People were mad primarily over The Bank Bailout.
    Bush started that....Obama finished it.
    they were equaliy mad at both parties for being a party to it.
    Ofcourse now there is some evidence to suggest that the banks very skillfully scammed congress on the whlole deal, but it certainly wasnt a Republican Movement...and yes they are very close to being done.
    They several people, and the incoming group has learned from the mistakes of the last, they will be more moderate or find themselves ,and the House of reps being replaced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    The Tea Party has a weird history.

It started out as a fiscally conservative protest movement that focused on taxing and spending, but then all sorts of hardcore social conservatives branded themselves as Tea Partiers.

So, I don't know. The basic ideas of fiscal conservatism are alive and well. Whatever the group of people supporting those ideas chooses to label themselves doesn't really matter.
    I really am not that much opposed to fiscal conservatism.

I know that this conflicts with me being a democrat, but I am very mixed on the economic policies.

If Republicans weren't such right wing douchebags, I would definitely consider voting republican.

I feel that there are many others who are in the same boat as myself.

The republican party has done this to themselves. They have lost perfectly good votes because of their douchebaggery.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    Abortion is one of the many "wedge issues" that are designed to have half the country fighting with the other half over it. It will never be fixed, and that's exactly how both parties want it, b/c both parties use it to distract us from the real issues, and knowthey can get extra votes purely by their stance on it one way or the other.
    Agreed.

Things like abortion, gay marriage, and other social issues should purely be considered state governmant issues.

In federal elections like the Presidency of the United States of America, we shouldn't even be hearing about any of that BS.

Unfortunately for the Republican Party, they are on the wrong side of these issues, and are losing votes because of it.

People are becoming more and more liberal with these social matters. The Democrat party is winning all the votes and gaining a huge advantage from it.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Social Issues: Easily fixed by following the 10th amendment.

The Tea Party: Yea it's kind of dead but not really, it's just been broken up into smaller and smaller minorities of people. The collective of those minorities is still big enough to sway elections at any level of government. It's the Tea Party's own fault for missing out on the biggest national expense of them all- the maintaining of a world wide empire.

It's all government waste to them until it comes to the military, our greatest expense, and then it's all fine.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123