Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He has power, can draw walks, strikes out a ton and will hit for low average. The defense is a plus though and that is why I would not mind him.
    Yep. This is a guy who imo can hit 20-25 bombs a year with good defense.

vCash
    If he gets regular playing time he would probably hit somewhere around .270 with his other stats and defense I think he is going to be a pleasant surprise fir the ChiSox.

vCash
    He is not going to hit .270,at best he is a guy that hits .240, likely though he hits .220-.230.

vCash
    Yeah no way does he hit .270 unless he has some insane luck with BABIP. Guys that strike out over 30% of the time will never have a high average.

vCash
    David Ross just signed with the Red Sox for 2 years so he's out

vCash
    2 years 6.2 million was too much for the Mets, that is why Nickeas and Thole will be back and that other bum they signed.

vCash
    They are not looking for a back-up catcher, they are looking for a young starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    2 years 6.2 million was too much for the Mets, that is why Nickeas and Thole will be back and that other bum they signed.
    Nickeas will be back, but not in Queens. Not unless he is needed in mid season as an injury replacement.

I look for Sandy to bring in a young (pre-arb eligible) right hand hitting catcher with upside potential via trade this off season. I hope it isn't Salty, but Lavarnway would be more than acceptable. Carlos Santana may be too much to wish for, but Chun-Hsiu Chen would be fine too. I also like Hector Sanchez, a switch hitting 23 yr old, who will never be a regular as long as Posey is behind the plate. Flowers, who this thread is all about, would be a good match for us too.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    I love how every offseason, it seems as if the Mets are in need of a righty, power hitting catcher, but we've had them all along.

I mean, we had Ramon Castro, then ditched him. We had Rod Barajas, then ditched him. Now we have Kelly Shoppach, but are going to ditch him.

I know these aren't the guys that will really help this team or will be with them for years to come, but it's pretty comical how we're always looking for something that's been right in front of us all along.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 11-11-2012 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I love how every offseason, it seems as if the Mets are in need of a righty, power hitting catcher, but we've had them all along.

I mean, we had Ramon Castro, then ditched him. We had Rod Barajas, then ditched him. Now we have Kelly Shoppach, but are going to ditch him.

I know these aren't the guys that iwll really help this team or will be with them for years to come, but it's pretty comical how we're always looking for something that's been right in front of us all along.
    We traded Castro because we had Brian Schneider and Omir Santos, who was younger and better.

We let Barajas go because we weren't going anywhere and he was hitting .225.

Now we will probably let Shoppach walk because he has reverted to hovering around the Mendoza line, as he did in 2010 and 2011 after looking decent playing in the shadow od the Green Monster. Besides, he hasn't impressed with his play behind the plate either.

It's time to change direction and bring in someone with upside potential who can be with the club for years to come.

vCash
    I know, but the way the Mets go about the catcher situation is pretty humorous. It's just an endless circle of pretty much the same person. We'll end up signing someone like Miguel Olivo and then get rid of him next offseason.

I'm not saying I agree with it at all, just that we have what the Mets are looking for (which is garbage), but we waste time looking for someone to replace him with.

vCash
    I believe this will be the move that puts us over the top.

vCash
    Since they're both injured we should trade Duda for Flowers. Who does the other team have at first base?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Since they're both injured we should trade Duda for Flowers. Who does the other team have at first base?
    Some 36 year old, over-the-hill bum named Paul Konerko, who only hit .298 with 26 HRs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12