Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    1. Parsons needs to realize what he is and play his game.
    2. McHale is still a terrible coach.
    3. Harden had a bad game, but he'll rebound from it.
    4. Things would have looked a LOT better if Asik could catch easy passes. I don't know if he closes his eyes or claps on the ball instead of catching it, but damn he misses a lot. Even missed at least 2 wide open passes at the rim.
    5. We all got excited after those first 2 wins, but lets face it, this is about what we should expect for this year. I'm cool with it. I hope we compete hard every game, gain some chemistry, and lose a lot.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I don't think this team will be that bad midway through the season. We have to realize that Harden has been a Rocket for less than two weeks, and the bulk of this team has been together for less than one full offseason. Once the team gets into more of a rhythm offensively and the players learn their roles, this team will start winning games like this rather than losing them. But I think everyone should have realistic expectations of this team and realize that there are going to be bumps and bruises these first few months before we see the final product.

vCash
    The best comparison I can think of is when video game developers push out a game way before it should have and there are a lot of bugs that have to get fixed in patches and DLC. It's not the finished product that we're seeing right now, it's the buggy version.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The best comparison I can think of is when video game developers push out a game way before it should have and there are a lot of bugs that have to get fixed in patches and DLC. It's not the finished product that we're seeing right now, it's the buggy version.
    Asik's ball control = Spots where you fall through the map into an infinite void

Toney Douglas = Spawning on a claymore or in front of a sentry gun, or constantly respawning near a helicopter which acts like a flying aimbot

Turnovers = throwing the grenade around a bugged corner and to have it bounce back in your face and go off (turnover leading to the Manimal dunk)

Kevin McHale = the developer in a cycle of denial that certain faults are working as intended (Douglas), and to keep playing it and you'll understand why it's there.

Constant defensive mismatches in transition = holding a knife in front of a guy wearing a juggernaut suit and minigun (Lin on Gallinari, Harden on McGee)

Yeah, I miss Adelman too, I thought that was a REALLY boneheaded move, but then again, I'm not really sure he's the best choice for a young team such as this. One thing I know for sure, the Lakers would DEFINITELY adapt to the Princeton offense better with Rick running that show than Brown can.

vCash
    It irritates me that we let Livingston go and decided to keep Douglas its baffling. He is gaurenteed to blow one or two lay ups a game(WIDE-OPEN). Missed jump shots missed floaters. I shouldn't have expected anything more... He's supposed to be the veteran of the group lol! Lead by example man, I mean is Flynn available?

Another side note Parsons needs to be that sniper/slasher I watched all of last year he is thinking way too much.
    &&
    I hope Harden see's the holes in his game and adjust accordingly. In some stretches we will need him to create his own shot off the dribble...& how do you guys feel about Harden developing a post up-face up game because he is bigger than what I thought and he gets around most defenders with ease.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I don't think this team will be that bad midway through the season. We have to realize that Harden has been a Rocket for less than two weeks, and the bulk of this team has been together for less than one full offseason. Once the team gets into more of a rhythm offensively and the players learn their roles, this team will start winning games like this rather than losing them. But I think everyone should have realistic expectations of this team and realize that there are going to be bumps and bruises these first few months before we see the final product.
    what is your realistic expectation for this team? do we make the playoff with our current line-up even if we gel together?

should we try to make a trade within the season to make a playoff push?

or just settle as we are, develop, get chemistry and wait for the off-season when some of the current players contracts expires and be able to have the capacity to sign a max player?
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal slumber View Post
    what is your realistic expectation for this team? do we make the playoff with our current line-up even if we gel together?
    I think it's possible if only because there are a lot of solid-really good teams in the West but few great ones. I think there could be 10-12 teams in the hunt and the last few spots will be a jumbled mess. If the Rockets can hover close to .500 until they really start to click, they could realistically make the postseason. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they only won 35 games and ended up in 11th or 12th place. I do think they'll win somewhere between 35-45 games. It's just a matter of which end of the spectrum they end up on and how quickly they mesh together.

should we try to make a trade within the season to make a playoff push?
    Yes, but Morey should always be trying to make a deal. And he shouldn't settle for something that makes this team barely good enough to make the playoffs. Like he did with Gasol, Dwight and Harden, he has to find the right deal. If he can get this team another top 20-25 player while keeping the core in tact, he should definitely do it.

or just settle as we are, develop, get chemistry and wait for the off-season when some of the current players contracts expires and be able to have the capacity to sign a max player?
    I think this is more likely. While the Rockets do still have some assets, they don't have anything that I can see that would net them a great No. 2 guy unless teams like Atlanta or Utah are willing to part with their bigs before free agency hits. That could be Morey's best shot. If Atlanta and Utah are barely in the playoff hunt, I could easily see them trying to dump Smith, Millsap or Jefferson to the highest bidder before they hit free agency.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123