98 52.69%
  • Blake Griffin

88 47.31%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Where is the Rubio option?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Every GM in the country will take Blake Griffin...
    That's so true. I love bought of them but there is no GM in the NBA who will take Harden over Blake.
    ORLANDO MAGIC

vCash
    Blake griffin is this thread srs?
    Last edited by thevcballer; 11-08-2012 at 05:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Harden is now the most overrated player in the NBA. Its blake and by a ton
    this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post
    As of right now, James Harden. He has the ability to be the next Manu Ginobili. Blake Griffin is an amazing talent but can more easily be replaced. Carlos Boozer was a 20/10 guy in Utah but I don't think I would build a team around him either. If Boozer and Griffin were a little taller, played a lot better defense, and could hit their free throws in the low 80s or high 70's, I think they would be top 5 talents in the NBA. I just don't see that happening.
    slow down? are you comparing griffin to Boozer are u ********?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Over or under 3 years before Blake becomes the most hated player in the NBA? I honestly think he's bordering being that already I mean some of the **** I see being said about Blake is astonomical. It reminds me of the same crap we heard about Bron for years. SMFH.
    I agree with other parts of your posts, but not the bolded part. He is losin popularity as far as i can see, less popularity=less hate, less love.

vCash
    All I need is one stat to prove your stupidity. When Blake came off the floor last season his team allowed 2.7 points more per 100 possessions. When Harden came off the floor the Thunder allowed 6.7 points LESS. Yeah Harden is above average right?
    I'm not against stats, but you people act like you are all experts of it. This stats means nothing actually, and proves nothing. You should put it into context.

When Harden comes to bench, who is going in? Yes, that freakishly long armed one of the best perimeter defenders in the game, named Sefalosha. Who was Griffin's substitute again? Also you aren't even talking about points allowed from their position, you are talking about points allowed from everywhere, which needs a lot of other parameters, who are the players they are playing with ? So much variables.

Dip not: As a Kobe fan, i've seen Harden defending Kobe perfect most of the times.
    Last edited by basketfan4life; 11-08-2012 at 06:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basketfan4life View Post
    I'm not against stats, but you people act like you are all experts of it. This stats means nothing actually, and proves nothing. You should put it into context.

When Harden comes to bench, who is going in? Yes, that freakishly long armed one of the best perimeter defenders in the game, named Sefalosha. Who was Griffin's substitute again? Also you aren't even talking about points allowed from their position, you are talking about points allowed from everywhere, which needs a lot of other parameters, who are the players they are playing with ? So much variables.

Dip not: As a Kobe fan, i've seen Harden defending Kobe perfect most of the times.
    It accounts for strength of teammates as the stat is adjusted to suit. It is put into context. You tell me we act as experts, we don't we do our best to learn about each and every stat and understand how it found. Maybe you should do the same before knocking it.

Harden's D on Kobe is well known he has played well against on many different occasions (not necessarily last post season where Kobe continually lit him up when they were both on the floor and Harden was on him) but Kobe isn't the only player in the NBA.

vCash
    I agree with other parts of your posts, but not the bolded part. He is losin popularity as far as i can see, less popularity=less hate, less love.
    From where I stand I can certainly disagree with this. Blake has more and more ESPN highlights with every game he has played. He is as popular as it gets for a two year player on LA's 2nd most popular team. All you need to do is read through this thread or any thread with the name Blake Griffin and you'd see.

vCash
    From where I stand I can certainly disagree with this. Blake has more and more ESPN highlights with every game he has played. He is as popular as it gets for a two year player on LA's 2nd most popular team. All you need to do is read through this thread or any thread with the name Blake Griffin and you'd see.
    I mean, i'm reading a lot of basketball forums, it seems like Blake is being talked about less and less every year. But you can be right, i don't live in U.S.A so.

vCash
    It accounts for strength of teammates as the stat is adjusted to suit. It is put into context. You tell me we act as experts, we don't we do our best to learn about each and every stat and understand how it found. Maybe you should do the same before knocking it.

Harden's D on Kobe is well known he has played well against on many different occasions (not necessarily last post season where Kobe continually lit him up when they were both on the floor and Harden was on him) but Kobe isn't the only player in the NBA.
    I didn't know that, but i'm excited to see how can it be done? If you take player B into account while you evaluate player A, doesn't it mean player A should already been evaluated?Because you have to take in to account player A when you evaluate player B? Isn't there a dead lock there? I'm asking just out of curiosity.

As far as offense goes, stats can take you a long way to evaluate a player, but defense? I really am not sure.
    Last edited by basketfan4life; 11-08-2012 at 07:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Harden it's not even close. Harden can thrive without Westbrook and KD. Blake can't without CP3.
    That's the most overused phrase in this forum...and it's not even close

Rollocks...Blake excelled before CP3 got there and was Rook of year because of it.

vCash
    James Harden in 3 games has become the most overrated player in the league no doubt about it.

vCash
    I mean, i'm reading a lot of basketball forums, it seems like Blake is being talked about less and less every year. But you can be right, i don't live in U.S.A so.
    Neither do I

But yeah I go by what I read on forums and see on the internet as well.

vCash
    I didn't know that, but i'm excited to see how can it be done? If you take player B into account while you evaluate player A, doesn't it mean player A should already been evaluated?Because you have to take in to account player A when you evaluate player B? Isn't there a dead lock there? I'm asking just out of curiosity.

As far as offense goes, stats can take you a long way to evaluate a player, but defense? I really am not sure.
    I can fully agree with this. I mean how much does a defensive stat take into account the impact of say Deandre Jordan's shot blocking or his rim protection or anything of the sort. It's by no means fool proof but the other guy was telling me to give him some evidence as to why I believe Blake is better defensively. I did. When I asked him to do the same he said he's average. I was attempting to bring some facts to the discussion.

The most accurate defensive statistics IMO are the synergy #s which track each player on an individual basis but even that doesn't account for the impact that other players around that individual may or may not have.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast