Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

98 52.69%
  • Blake Griffin

88 47.31%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lemme know when Blake Griffin can be on the floor in the last minutes of a close game!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    Lemme know when Blake Griffin can be on the floor in the last minutes of a close game!
    As of his rookie season.

Next.

vCash
    Harden easily. How well did the Clips do when he was the man?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Blake is better defensively than Harden. A wing is suppose to be able to create their own shot better than a PF and Blake is better than most league PFs at creating his own shot so I don't get that reasoning. As far as passing goes you can't find much if any big men that are better than Blake.

How can you say Blake's game isn't going to grow much? He has become less reliant on others to create for him and his shown an improvement in not only his post game but his mid range game. You must be mistaking Blake for someone else.
    To say Blake is a better defender than Harden is a stretch. And honestly, of all the things you mentioned in this post, that is the only area in which they are even remotely close in. Harden is better than him at getting his own shot and distributing the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    As of his rookie season.

Next.
    He's a liability at the line and has never shown that he comes up big in the clutch so this is also false.

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    As of his rookie season.

Next.
    With 2 down last possession you'd give the ball to Blake over Harden? Good thing your not a head coach.
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    To say Blake is a better defender than Harden is a stretch.
    How? Did you watch Blake from the 2nd half of last season to the start of this season? Coversely did you watch Harden? It's not a stretch. Blake is becoming an average defensive player. Harden just isn't.

And honestly, of all the things you mentioned in this post, that is the only area in which they are even remotely close in. Harden is better than him at getting his own shot and distributing the ball.
    Wait a minute you don't mean to tell me that a 6'5 shooting guard is better at getting his own shot and distributing the ball than a 6'10 PF say it aint so That is absolutely amazing.

/sarcasm

Harden is a GUARD. Guards tend to do that better than PFs its the nature of the game. Why don't you say Harden is also a better 3 point shooter and ball handler than Blake. Then I'd just say Blake is a better rebounder and dunker than Harden. You're comparing players of two different positions when comparing their strengths relative to the position they play (I.E. playmaking for a PG or shot blocking for a C) you'd compare them to their peers not one another. How does that even make any sense.

vCash
    If Harden keeps his play at an elite level all year while being 'the man' then Harden.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    As of his rookie season.

Next.
    Did you watch the playoffs last year? He wasn't on the floor to end games.

Nice try tho. Good job, good effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    Blake for me. ELite big men are much harder to find.

As good as Harden has started in Houston, those averages will come down. Griffin is just a constant threat inside and can't leave him alone for a second. His jumper has improved somewhat and defense is getting better

To be honest, i can't stand either but respect what they bring
    just being able to dunk doesnt make you elite

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    How? Did you watch Blake from the 2nd half of last season to the start of this season? Coversely did you watch Harden? It's not a stretch. Blake is becoming an average defensive player. Harden just isn't.

Wait a minute you don't mean to tell me that a 6'5 shooting guard is better at getting his own shot and distributing the ball than a 6'10 PF say it aint so That is absolutely amazing.

/sarcasm

Harden is a GUARD. Guards tend to do that better than PFs its the nature of the game. Why don't you say Harden is also a better 3 point shooter and ball handler than Blake. Then I'd just say Blake is a better rebounder and dunker than Harden. You're comparing players of two different positions when comparing their strengths relative to the position they play (I.E. playmaking for a PG or shot blocking for a C) you'd compare them to their peers not one another. How does that even make any sense.
    That's my point exactly, you mentioned those things in your post like you were comparing Blake to another PF when that isn't even the topic at hand.

Harden is average defensively also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockets-fan View Post
    With 2 down last possession you'd give the ball to Blake over Harden? Good thing your not a head coach.
    He's a liability at the line and has never shown that he comes up big in the clutch so this is also false.
    Start a team James Harden or Peak Shaquille O'Neal. Who do you take?

Hardly is a guard of course he's going to be better at creating his own shot and scoring from the line. When you have anomolies at the PF like Kevin Love and Dirk who can create on their own in the last position and score in a variety of different positions from the floor you can have that argument but Blake isn't of that cloth. That doesn't make him inferior or a worst pick than Harden.

5 seconds left on the clock you're up by one the opposing team has Love and Pekovic on the floor who do you want securing the defensive rebound against two of the best offensive rebounders in the league for you off a missed shot Griffin or Harden?

You'd rather have Harden on the floor on offense in the crunch than Dwight right? Does that mean you take Harden over Dwight to start your team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    Did you watch the playoffs last year? He wasn't on the floor to end games.

Nice try tho. Good job, good effort.
    Wait are you talking about Blake or Harden? Because I remember him being on the bench late in games last post season as well.

vCash
    Going with Blake Griffin.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    That's my point exactly, you mentioned those things in your post like you were comparing Blake to another PF when that isn't even the topic at hand.

Harden is average defensively also.
    You seriously don't get it. Stebo I really think the IQ of the NBA forum drops daily. Sigh.

Harden is a better play maker and shot creator than Dwight if you're building a team do you're building a team do you take him ahead of Dwight?

Please prove to me how Harden is average defensively.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast