Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jrue

vCash

Jrue

Very small Sample size here but so far Jrue is averageing 19.3 8.7 and 3.7 with 17.27 per
    Lets assume his production stays exactly this over the next for years is he worth his contract?

vCash
    If he makes the team better, then yes...if he is the primary scorer, then no...I want to see what numbers he puts up when Bynum is in there...

vCash
    Is that 19 & 9?

The answer to op is yes. Team is shooting 35%.

I don't get the per or espn rating (jrue is 20th). Sheed is 1st in league in per.
    Last edited by MylesKong; 11-07-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    His PER is 19.6 actually. Its just 3 games into the season so as you said its an extremely small sample size. If he keeps up this kind of play (and his TOVs decrease) his PER will increase and honestly he'll be in the running for not just top 5 but the top 3 PG in the league (I have CP3, Rose, Westbrook top 3 but Jrue can join that convo with these #s).

Let's just say that if Jrue was to keep up this level of play he'd be the most underpaid player in the NBA. ray:

vCash

Jrue

Rose isnt in the conversation this year

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Is that 19 & 9?

The answer to op is yes. Team is shooting 35%.

I don't get the per or espn rating (jrue is 20th). Sheed is 1st in league in per.
    He has played close to 40 MPG, with a TOV% of greater than 20 a TRB% of under 5 and hasn't gotten to the line at a really high clip (high for him but not really that high compared to the time he has played) so its understandable as to why his PER isn't as high as others. Sheed has been highly productive in his 6.7 mpg so its also understandable as to why he has such a high PER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Rose isnt in the conversation this year
    Who says he isn't? That's ignorant if you ask me If Rose plays 30 games and averages 24 and 8 with solid D on quality efficiency would you say that Jrue is a better player? Once a player has an adequate enough sample size it matters not if he played the whole season once he's far more productive he's better. He's a better player than Jrue nonetheless.

vCash

Jrue

An acl tear is typcally over a year long injury and about 18 months before a full recovery.

So..... Correct me if im wrong, but i dontnplan to see the mvp rose until the 2013-14 season

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    His PER is 19.6 actually. Its just 3 games into the season so as you said its an extremely small sample size. If he keeps up this kind of play (and his TOVs decrease) his PER will increase and honestly he'll be in the running for not just top 5 but the top 3 PG in the league (I have CP3, Rose, Westbrook top 3 but Jrue can join that convo with these #s).

Let's just say that if Jrue was to keep up this level of play he'd be the most underpaid player in the NBA. ray:
    Exactly what I was hoping. That's why I was pushing for a deal so hard.

vCash
    An acl tear is typcally over a year long injury and about 18 months before a full recovery.

So..... Correct me if im wrong, but i dontnplan to see the mvp rose until the 2013-14 season
    Most reports are saying that Rose is going to be back sometime after the All Star break next year. There is zero guarantee that he's going to return but as it stands right now with no setbacks in his rehabilitation it would be ignorant to say that there is no possibility of him returning. He is yet to be ruled out for the entire season and the experts are putting their money on him being available as early as March. He'll be slowly but surely be brought back up to speed if gets on the floor next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Exactly what I was hoping. That's why I was pushing for a deal so hard.
    Its a hope though. Until Jrue proves our hopes correct we got nothing more than that.

vCash
    Its a hope though. Until Jrue proves my hopes correct I got nothing more than that.
    Fixed

vCash
    Jrue firing up with few reservations for 4 quarters and having the ball mostly in his hands = 19-20 ppg and 8 assists. I already knew that before the season started. That's not exactly what I hope to see from him or this team going forward. There are plenty of 20ppg scorers on bad teams if in the right situation in this league.

The numbers at this point are not a good thing. I'm still thrilled with the contract, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash

Most reports are saying that Rose is going to be back sometime after the All Star break next year. There is zero guarantee that he's going to return but as it stands right now with no setbacks in his rehabilitation it would be ignorant to say that there is no possibility of him returning. He is yet to be ruled out for the entire season and the experts are putting their money on him being available as early as March. He'll be slowly but surely be brought back up to speed if gets on the floor next season.
    It doesnt matter at all.... Talk about rose when hes relevent.... As of now, hes a complete non-factor.... Until he is.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Drew Hallowell/Getty Images
    With Andrew Bynum out, Jrue Holiday is running the show and putting up All-Star numbers for Philly.
    PHILADELPHIA -- The sense of uncertainty in Philadelphia is inescapable, with question marks surrounding 25-year-old cornerstone center Andrew Bynum and his ailing knee.

That, however, isn't currently paired with panic or confusion or doubt.

Part of that is because the roster, even without Bynum, features so many new parts that there's a natural sense of excitement.

Part of it is because head coach Doug Collins won't let disappointment set in. It does his healthy players no good, and it would only add angst to an already eager-to-return Bynum.

But perhaps the most calming influence on a team that has every reason to be uneasy is Jrue Holiday, the point guard who finally gets to play that role.

As a whole, the Sixers were considered winners in the four-team trade that sent Andre Iguodala to Denver and brought Bynum to Philadelphia. But combine that with Lou Williams signing in Atlanta, and Holiday was arguably the biggest individual winner in the Sixers' offseason facelift.

Gone is the wing player, Iguodala, who essentially played the point forward position during his Philly tenure. Gone is the undersized gunner, Williams, who created mostly for himself and created a bit of overlap with Holiday.

Now, even with former No. 2 overall pick Evan Turner still finding himself and hoping to become a star, Holiday is running the Sixers' show.

Even Turner will tell you that.

"It's his team," said Turner, who was one of four capable ball handlers available to Collins since he arrived in Philadelphia.

"Dre's not here anymore. [Holiday's] going to be the main ball handler, and he has the freedom to do whatever he wants. Along with that, he can do a lot of things. So we'll be fine regardless."

From the outside, it's understandably difficult to be comfortable with Holiday as the highlighted piece of a team that was considered void of a superstar even with Iguodala on board.

But that's assuming Holiday was a finished product.

He wasn't. And still isn't, actually, though the progress has been evident.

Remember, Holiday is all of 22 years old, with three years of NBA experience.

He went the old-school route, growing into his NBA game. He didn't enter the league as prepared or as productive as a Deron Williams. But there's reason to believe he can join Williams on Eastern Conference All-Star teams in the near future.

Perhaps the best indicators of Holiday's true potential are his playoff performances.

Prior to his first postseason game -- against the second-seeded Heat in 2011 -- Holiday got a set of instructions from Collins.

The main message: Don't turn the ball over.

Not only did Holiday oblige, tallying zero turnovers, but he had 19 points, five assists, five rebounds and three steals.

A streaky scorer at the time, Holiday finished that series 11-for-21 from 3-point range.

Last postseason, Holiday continued his penchant for performing in the most meaningful of games.

He led the Sixers in scoring with 15.8 points in 13 playoff games, shooting 41 percent from 3-point range with 5.2 assists, 4.7 rebounds, 1.5 steals and a reasonable 2.0 turnover average.

It was enough to convince Collins that Holiday had the potential to be big time, even when the games aren't as big.

"I don't think you ever really know who a guy can be until you give him that opportunity," Collins said. "I think Jrue has a chance to be in the top five in the league in assists this year, because we have shooters, and he's going to have places to go on the floor.

"I actually felt like he's been better in the playoffs than he has in the regular season. His next step is he needs to be that guy in the regular season. We're going to need him for the 82."

Three games in, Holiday isn't letting his coach down.

He has had a couple of tough shooting games, with one six-turnover effort. But on the whole, he's averaging 19.3 points with 8.7 assists during his team's 1-2 start.

And perhaps most important, he has the confidence of his teammates -- even the ones who didn't see his playoff performances firsthand.

"I really love his game," said Jason Richardson, one of the new deep threats who should open up the floor for Holiday this season. "The way he plays the game, how smooth he is with the ball, his defense, his basketball IQ is amazing.

"He's level-headed, mellow. I definitely see him being an All-Star. I'm just excited for his future."

Presently, though, Holiday is performing that difficult balancing act of being a scorer and distributor. And he's playing with an aggressiveness that won't be as necessary when Bynum does return.

PLAY FANTASY HOOPS!

Fantasy hoops season is here! Check out our player rankings, projections, cheat sheets and more. Sign up for free!

• Draft kit | Rankings | Projections

But adjusting his game is a concept Holiday is familiar with.

After all, he hasn't played the true point guard position since high school, and back then it came with a heavy scoring responsibility as well.

Collins has always preached low turnovers, which didn't necessarily jibe well with Holiday's driving game. Holiday, though, has shown enough maturity that Collins is less apprehensive when his point guard penetrates.

"I think sometimes I do kind of have the [green] light to force something sometimes, just because on the court coach wants me to be the playmaker," Holiday said. "But he trusts the ball in my hands, so I have to make the right decisions.

"Ultimately, Steve Nash, Derrick Rose, they make their team better."

Holiday isn't in that company yet, but he is in a good place. He got engaged in the offseason. Collins made him one of the team captains. His coach wants him to be the quarterback of the Sixers. And he should eventually have Bynum, arguably the most offensively skilled center in the league, by his side to create a powerful one-two punch.

Could there be a clash with Turner, a play-making wing who has yet to live up to his No. 2 overall draft selection?

Not if Collins has his way.

Collins says he has never been around a player who wants to be great more than Turner. But the plan for now is for Turner to release that pressure.

"I want him to let that feeling go," Collins said. "Don't squeeze the air out of the ball. Just play.

"I want Evan to be a star in what he does. That's midrange game, be the best rebounder at his position, push it in the open court, defend that spot that 'Dre has left. Right now, that's the one area: Can we defend that 3 spot? Nobody's going to stop LeBron James, but can we show some resistance against LeBron?

"The most important thing for Evan is being at peace knowing that that's all we want him to do."

That means the Sixers won't have a two-quarterback system. Just the one: Holiday.

And everything about this QB screams "breakout season."

"I want him to feel like, when he has the ball in his hands, there's no place I'd rather it be," Collins said.

Those are words every point guard wants to hear. But especially one who's getting his first real chance to shine.
    Didn't read yet. Hope it's a good read.
    Edit
    Done. I like when he said the best indicator was his playoff performances, because that's what I've been saying.
    Last edited by MylesKong; 11-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast