Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    It's so hard to predict where pitchers end up.. hitters is a bit easier.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I really get a feeling from the DC sports radio guys that RG3 is going to pitch for the Nationals hahaha jk

But seriosuly Greinke to Nats makes a lot of sense, although they need some lefties in that line up.

Btw PATEL what do you mean about Hamilton when you wrote (They want him) are you referring to our front office? And baggage with Hamilton is his drug/alcohol addiction?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post
    Where do you guys think Ichiro Suzuki will sign?

I think he should be on most teams radar.
    I think Ichiro walks away from the game based on the fact he's that proud of a player and won't stick around just for golden MLB numbers.

Easy HOF lock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    I really get a feeling from the DC sports radio guys that RG3 is going to pitch for the Nationals hahaha jk

But seriosuly Greinke to Nats makes a lot of sense, although they need some lefties in that line up.

Btw PATEL what do you mean about Hamilton when you wrote (They want him) are you referring to our front office? And baggage with Hamilton is his drug/alcohol addiction?
    I meant they can use his bat, but not with that baggage (Drug/Alcohol Addict).

vCash
    Giant's won't splash on anybody, why would they? We haven't made a splashy signing in years and we've won two championships. The front office has a formula that is working... Develop young stars and pay them. Then fill out the roster with complementary players with no long-term commitments. The Giants learned from Zito and Rowand.

We pretty much only pay players we know have produced for us. This rules out Swisher and Bourn. I can see us giving Pagan a three-year deal max, which is a lot in my opinion, I'd only give him a 2-year deal.

There is 0% chance of Blanco being the leadoff hitter starting the season, unless our planned lead off hitter is hurt.

We will most likely re-sign all of our free agents... Affeldt done, Scutaro for sure. Pagan is a maybe. If somebody takes Pagan then I think we will get Victorino.

I'm sure we will offer minor-league deals to Freddy Sanchez and Brian Wilson. Who knows if that will be enough to keep them.

Romo will get a shot at being the full-time closer.

The real question is who will we sign to play left-field...?

I would be satisfied with a Blanco/Nady platoon. Not thrilled but satisfied. I would welcome an upgrade, but only a guy on a 1 year deal, because Brown could be ready by next year.

I just can't see the Giants making any more major moves.

Hopefully the Dodgers don't sign Soriano but it seems like a good fit.

My prediction for Giants 2013 opening day lineup:

Pagan(or Victorino)
    Scutaro
    Sandoval
    Posey
    Pence
    Belt
    Blanco/Nady (Nady for LHP)
    Crawford

Dodgers
    2013 lineup:

Crawford
    Soriano
    Gonzalez
    Kemp
    Ramirez
    Ethier
    Cruz
    Ellis
    Last edited by sfattahian; 11-26-2012 at 03:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    It'd be cool to have Ichiro because he's Ichiro. But it would also suck to have Ichiro because he is Ichiro.
    http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/201...3666312/ichiro

I agree. Brisbee wrote something similar the other day as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    Giant's won't splash on anybody, why would they? We haven't made a splashy signing in years and we've won two championships. The front office has a formula that is working... Develop young stars and pay them. Then fill out the roster with complementary players with no long-term commitments. The Giants learned from Zito and Rowand.

We pretty much only pay players we know have produced for us. This rules out Swisher and Bourn. I can see us giving Pagan a three-year deal max, which is a lot in my opinion, I'd only give him a 2-year deal.

There is 0% chance of Blanco being the leadoff hitter starting the season, unless our planned lead off hitter is hurt.

We will most likely re-sign all of our free agents... Affeldt done, Scutaro for sure. Pagan is a maybe. If somebody takes Pagan then I think we will get Victorino.

I'm sure we will offer minor-league deals to Freddy Sanchez and Brian Wilson. Who knows if that will be enough to keep them.

Romo will get a shot at being the full-time closer.

The real question is who will we sign to play left-field...?

I would be satisfied with a Blanco/Nady platoon. Not thrilled but satisfied. I would welcome an upgrade, but only a guy on a 1 year deal, because Brown could be ready by next year.

I just can't see the Giants making any more major moves.

Hopefully the Dodgers don't sign Soriano but it seems like a good fit.

My prediction for Giants 2013 opening day lineup:

Pagan(or Victorino)
    Scutaro
    Sandoval
    Posey
    Pence
    Belt
    Blanco/Nady (Nady for LHP)
    Crawford

Dodgers
    2013 lineup:

Crawford
    Soriano
    Gonzalez
    Kemp
    Ramirez
    Ethier
    Cruz
    Ellis
    The Giants have been linked to Swisher so I wouldn't say there's no chance of him coming here. They need an upgrade in left. I understand what you're saying that they don't need to add any high priced FA's because we won two championships without them. But I find that to be not smart if they did that. In 2010, honestly, they got lucky- Renteria .400+ avg in the WS and two big HR's, Ross turns into a clutch player, Burrell turns it around after failing as a hitter for a year plus, and Huff and Torres have basically career years. The pitching wasn't lucky though, they were just that good. So I think that year doesn't give the right impression on what you're saying. If the Giants want to continue winning they'll need to spend on FA's. Not crazy money like the Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox, but a piece here or there along with homegrown talent is what they'll need to do. They can't just rely on players coming up through the system and some spare parts.

vCash
    I will be so pissed if we sign Victorino, he's declining fast and I can't stand him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    1. Zack Greinke- Angels
    2. Josh Hamilton- Marlins
    3. Michael Bourn- Nationals
    4. Anibal Sanchez- Dodgers
    5. B.J. Upton- Phillies
    6. Nick Swisher- Giants
    7. Edwin Jackson- Blue Jays
    8. Dan Haren- Red Sox
    9. Hiroki Kuroda- Yankees
    10. Kyle Lohse- Orioles
    11. Angel Pagan- Giants
    12. Shane Victorinio- Red Sox
    13. David Ortiz - Boston (freebie point)
    14. Mike Napoli- Rangers
    15. Adam LaRoche- Nationals
    16. Ryan Dempster- Cubs
    17. Rafael Soriano- Tigers
    18. Melky Cabrera- Diamondbacks
    19. Shaun Marcum- Blue Jays
    20. Torii Hunter- Tigers
    21. Russell Martin- Mariners
    22. Cody Ross- Orioles
    23. Marco Scutaro- Giants
    24. Stephen Drew- A's
    25. Joe Saunders- Twins
    26. Ryan Ludwick- Mariners
    27. Kevin Youkilis- A's
    28. Francisco Liriano- Indians
    29. Carlos Villauneva- Mets
    30. A.J. Pierzynski- White Sox
    Bold are correct, underlined is incorrect

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

Some do not understand the ignore list.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456