Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I tend to agree with that (bolded part). But I have to admit that Pagan was a good fit here. And I wasn't all that high on him at the beginning of the season.

I don't put a lot of stock in stats as the be-all end-all of everything baseball. He just may be one of those players that found his niche, and is happy playing here. An 'intangibles anomaly' of sorts.
    Absolutely agree with this post. It's all about chemistry and finding players that fit into your club and ballpark. Restating something I read somewhere, Sabean knows he has a potential dynasty on his hands here and the ring collecting may not be done. He'll make some great moves to us. I have full faith in him.
    Last edited by MVPosey28; 11-08-2012 at 10:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    1. Zack Greinke- Dodgers
    ray:ray:
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    You guys need to prepare yourselves for the Giants overpaying Pagan, I absolutely think its going to happen. It would be great if we could sign him for 3/30, but this is a guy I see Sabean overpaying.

Also, when you say you hope the Giants spend that money elsewhere, who do you have in mind? IMO the only other options are to sign Michael Bourn, who will be overpaid even more than Pagan or to sign a guy like Torri Hunter and start Blanco in CF.
    Unfortunately, you're probably right. Sabean is known for overpaying on the free agent market, as I'm sure you know.

To answer your question, I'd try to sign Victorino to be the center fielder to a three-year deal in the 8M range where I'd assume that's where he could be looking and then sign Melky to the play left (even though he'd better in right) or Hunter if the Giants don't want to bring Melky back. I would want to sign Victorino if Swisher if I were the Giants and Pagan was insisting on 12M/year, but like spliff said, the likelihood of signing two impact players is not high.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-09-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Victorino is no longer a CFer or at least shouldn't be.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Really? Has he lost a step? I'm not refuting what you're saying, I just didn't pay close attention to him.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    This past season he took alot of terrible routes, not that our CF didn't. Even at the top of his game I wasn't that thrilled with Victorino, always that he was overrated. If Pagan wasn't an option, I'd much prefer Hunter in LF and Blanco in CF than Vicotrino in CF.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    I would be perfectly fine with Blanco in center if the Giants could pick up Swisher. If that were to happen, how do you think the Giants would set the lineup?

2B Scutaro
    LF Swisher
    3B Sandoval
    C Posey
    RF Pence
    1B Belt
    CF Blanco
    SS Crawford

Or switch Belt and Swisher?

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Yeah, that'd be a nice setup. I still figure of someone's getting $12mil per year, it's Pagan. That's just my hunch.

vCash
    Just looking at the lineup is getting me excited. Man I hope they could pick up Swisher. But ya, I wouldn't be surprised if Pagan re-signed.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    RTL, you've usually got a knack for contract stuff. What type of money/years do you expect for Pagan, Swisher and Hunter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Really? Has he lost a step? I'm not refuting what you're saying, I just didn't pay close attention to him.
    Yes, he has. He should have been in a corner OF spot the past couple of seasons. He played LF with the Dodgers which is right where he belongs and should play if he became a Giant.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

vCash
    RTL, you've usually got a knack for contract stuff. What type of money/years do you expect for Pagan, Swisher and Hunter?
    I can see Hunter getting 2yr/$22 million or Huff-type deal, Pagan 4yr/$40 million and Swisher 3yr/$39 million. Pagan would be getting a $5 million bump in annual salary, a realistic number in my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    Yes, he has. He should have been in a corner OF spot the past couple of seasons. He played LF with the Dodgers which is right where he belongs and should play if he became a Giant.
    Also a guy named Kemp in CF

But Victorino still plays good defense anywhere
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    If we sign rectum-face, I'll be disappointed.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    I can see Hunter getting 2yr/$22 million or Huff-type deal, Pagan 4yr/$40 million and Swisher 3yr/$39 million. Pagan would be getting a $5 million bump in annual salary, a realistic number in my mind.
    That's around where I had figured, but I wasn't really thinking anyone would give Pagan 4 years.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast