Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Also a guy named Kemp in CF

But Victorino still plays good defense anywhere
    Of course that's why Victorino was playing LF, that wasn't the point. Even if Kemp wasn't there, he should have been playing LF or RF.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    Of course that's why Victorino was playing LF, that wasn't the point. Even if Kemp wasn't there, he should have been playing LF or RF.
    LOL (Whoops) at this part of your sig

People over the age of 14 who still write "lol" should be killed
    Foam Party!

vCash
    I wonder if park dimensions have anything to do with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    You guys need to prepare yourselves for the Giants overpaying Pagan, I absolutely think its going to happen. It would be great if we could sign him for 3/30, but this is a guy I see Sabean overpaying.

Also, when you say you hope the Giants spend that money elsewhere, who do you have in mind? IMO the only other options are to sign Michael Bourn, who will be overpaid even more than Pagan or to sign a guy like Torri Hunter and start Blanco in CF.

My thought is that the Giants will not spend above $130 mil on payroll next year. I would like the Giants to resign Scutaro, and Affeldt first. I think that they can find comparable outfield talent for fewer years. Someone like Torii Hunter or Ichiro (or both). While those guys might not be center fielders at this point in their careers, I think that their playing styles would fit well at AT&T. A one or two year contract might do the trick. This leaves them with future flexibility. At this point, I don't think it would be wise to lock up any of the non-core players for anything more than 2 years.

I would love to see the Giants go after a big ticket guy like Hamilton to add that missing power bat, but I am a realist. At the end of the day Giants have 2 championships in 3 years, so you won't hear me complaining about any Sabean moves this off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Prolly this:

CF Blanco
    2B Scutaro
    3B Sandoval
    C Posey
    LF Swisher
    RF Pence
    1B Belt
    SS Crawford
    I don't see the Giants going after Swisher. It would cost the Giants a draft pick, because the Yanks gave him the qualifying offer. Having to pay Swisher and give the Yanks a pick doesn't sound worth it to me. I think that there is too much outfield talent in the market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mnp2597 View Post
    My thought is that the Giants will not spend above $130 mil on payroll next year. I would like the Giants to resign Scutaro, and Affeldt first. I think that they can find comparable outfield talent for fewer years. Someone like Torii Hunter or Ichiro (or both). While those guys might not be center fielders at this point in their careers, I think that their playing styles would fit well at AT&T. A one or two year contract might do the trick. This leaves them with future flexibility. At this point, I don't think it would be wise to lock up any of the non-core players for anything more than 2 years.

I would love to see the Giants go after a big ticket guy like Hamilton to add that missing power bat, but I am a realist. At the end of the day Giants have 2 championships in 3 years, so you won't hear me complaining about any Sabean moves this off season.
    I would bet they will spend over 130. They were over 130 this season, and are just coming off another world championship and the revenue that brings in.

I don't think they can justify going down in payroll after the season they just had to everyone who fills that park to capacity on a nightly basis.

They also are going to have to compete with that team down south. While we like to joke about LA, they are very dangerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    I would bet they will spend over 130. They were over 130 this season, and are just coming off another world championship and the revenue that brings in.

I don't think they can justify going down in payroll after the season they just had to everyone who fills that park to capacity on a nightly basis.

They also are going to have to compete with that team down south. While we like to joke about LA, they are very dangerous.
    I hope your right. Buster is in for a pretty good raise, and Pence will be due over $13 mil next year.

Btw, the Dodgers worry me.

vCash
    If I had to guess I'd say we see a 2013 opening day payroll of around 135-140 mil. They won't raise it extravagantly, but I think it will go up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiskeptSF View Post
    1. Zack Greinke - Dodgers
    2. Josh Hamilton - Dodgers
    3. Michael Bourn - Dodgers
    4. Anibal Sanchez - Dodgers
    5. B.J. Upton - Dodgers
    6. Nick Swisher - Dodgers
    7. Edwin Jackson - Dodgers
    8. Dan Haren - Dodgers
    9. Hiroki Kuroda - Dodgers
    10. Kyle Lohse - Dodgers
    11. Angel Pagan - Dodgers
    12. Shane Victorinio - Dodgers
    13. David Ortiz - Dodgers (freebie point, dont care)
    14. Mike Napoli - Dodgers
    15. Adam LaRoche - Dodgers
    16. Ryan Dempster - Dodgers
    17. Rafael Soriano - Dodgers
    18. Melky Cabrera - Dodgers
    19. Shaun Marcum - Dodgers
    20. Torii Hunter - Dodgers
    21. Russell Martin - Dodgers
    22. Cody Ross - Dodgers
    23. Marco Scutaro - Giants
    24. Stephen Drew - Dodgers
    25. Joe Saunders - Dodgers
    26. Ryan Ludwick - Dodgers
    27. Kevin Youkilis - Dodgers
    28. Francisco Liriano - Dodgers
    29. Carlos Villauneva - Dodgers
    30. A.J. Pierzynski - Dodgers

I bet I get the most right. Don't try to tell me this list is "Incomprehensible" either..

and dont **** with Scutaro.
    Probably the most accurate guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    1. Zack Greinke- Angels
    2. Josh Hamilton- Marlins
    3. Michael Bourn- Nationals
    4. Anibal Sanchez- Dodgers
    5. B.J. Upton- Phillies
    6. Nick Swisher- Giants
    7. Edwin Jackson- Blue Jays
    8. Dan Haren- Red Sox
    9. Hiroki Kuroda- Yankees
    10. Kyle Lohse- Orioles
    11. Angel Pagan- Giants
    12. Shane Victorinio- Red Sox
    13. David Ortiz - Boston (freebie point)
    14. Mike Napoli- Rangers
    15. Adam LaRoche- Nationals
    16. Ryan Dempster- Cubs
    17. Rafael Soriano- Tigers
    18. Melky Cabrera- Diamondbacks
    19. Shaun Marcum- Blue Jays
    20. Torii Hunter- Tigers
    21. Russell Martin- Mariners
    22. Cody Ross- Orioles
    23. Marco Scutaro- Giants
    24. Stephen Drew- A's
    25. Joe Saunders- Twins
    26. Ryan Ludwick- Mariners
    27. Kevin Youkilis- A's
    28. Francisco Liriano- Indians
    29. Carlos Villauneva- Mets
    30. A.J. Pierzynski- White Sox
    I doubt the Marlins cleared all that payroll for Hamilton. At least Hunter looks very realistic right now

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash

Free Agent Predictions

The bitter side if me says the Dodgers should sign Scutaro just to Block you guys...

I think we will sign Grienke because no other team will grossly overpay like we will. With the addition of Grienke and Ryu I think we edge your staff, not by much though...major respect for your staff 1-5..but I hate them all!

Depending on who you pick up/retain (Scutaro, Pagan, etc) and if we land a 3B. This should be a good year.

FYI - I will be spreading a Flu virus throughout your clubhouse so we don't have to contend with your typical last minute heroics...

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Well, I missed the whole Melky to TOR. But I'll bet no one guessed that.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Sucks, I was really hoping the Giants would have been able to get him on a similar deal.

I hope the Giants dont panic and over pay for Pagan. I think we really have to go after Bourn now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Sucks, I was really hoping the Giants would have been able to get him on a similar deal.

I hope the Giants dont panic and over pay for Pagan. I think we really have to go after Bourn now.
    13-15M/year? No, gracias.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I could really pass on Bourn's money to Swisher, im more than content with Blanco as the starting leadoff CF..i just wonder who would be the backup CF

Sitting On Top of the Pedestal!!!!
    TEAMS: SF GIANTS/GS WARRIORS/NL ARSENAL/SF NINERS/ HI WARRIORS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast