Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Minor League Free Agents

Baseball America has compiled a list of all the minor league free agents this off season. Here it is (all 549 guys, listed by position and former team):
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...e-agents-2012/

vCash
    I'd like to see the Twins get Bromberg back. I think there's still a spark of potential there.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing the twins kick the tires on Jason Bulger for a bullpen spot.

Will Rhymes as a 2B/utility guy???
    Last edited by RPH2013; 11-07-2012 at 12:24 PM.

vCash
    Guys I could see us signing and giving a shot this spring

C/1st- Jeff Clement (AAA),

2nd base-Adrian Cardenas (AAA), Will Rhymes (AAA)

3rd base - Andy LaRoche (AAA), Josh Fields (AAA), Matt Kata (AAA)

SS- Alfredo Amezaga (AAA), Ramiro Pena (AAA)

Pitchers- Daniel Cabrera (AAA), Billy Buckner (AAA), Andrew Brackman (HiA), John Maine (AAA), Daniel McCutchen (AAA), Jo-Jo Reyes (AAA) Chris Jakubauskas (AAA),

I am sure there are others but those caught my eye.

vCash
    The Twins drafted Clement out of high school, but he didn't sign. He grew up a Twins' fan (he's from the town I used to work in and I know many people that know him well).

vCash
    I think the Blue Jays already claimed Maine. Too bad, I would have given him a spring training invite too.

I'd give Will Ohman a shot too. He was a pretty good bullpen arm not too long ago.

I'd also think about bringing back Loek Van Mil. In a handfull of AAA games last year he got roughed up but he was lights out in 46 AA innings. You know he'd still have freinds and coaches in the system which might help with a comfortability factor.

vCash
    It would be interesting to have Van Mil back. I'm sure Bert would help him a bit, too. He certainly has the ability to get hitters out.

vCash
    You guys just signed two Pirates to minor league contracts. Tim Wood could probably be a serviceable major league reliever and Eric Fryer is an interesting player to have around in the minors because in addition to catcher he can play 1B, 3B and the corner OF positions. He is a solid defender but doesn't hit well.

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

It's Back!: Battling Bucs

vCash
    I noticed that. I like what I see from Wood, and Fryer could be a good piece to add.

vCash
    Wood supposedly throws hard, his K/9 rate was nice in AAA last year but it was pretty low (especially in his major league appearances) before. He was the Inernational League relief pitcher of the year last year though, so maybe he has put things together. Still, I have to wonder why he never got a call up by the Pirates last year. Seems odd considering his success.