Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    There is reason why the rest of the world wants obama to be our president because they know we are weaker under him, and other countries love to see us weak
    nothing like election night bringing the best and brightest to the politics forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    The election if it had a swinging point was romney attacking perry for being compassionate to the illegals in his state. With that he relinquished millions of latino votes... which is where the GOP needs to go if they want to win with their social right agenda.

vCash
    i hope rubio runs for president in 2016, hel get alot of the minority votes and hes not an extreme conservative republican, hel make a great canditate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    i hope rubio runs for president in 2016, hel get alot of the minority votes and hes not an extreme conservative republican, hel make a great canditate
    This is the problem. Can a moderate win when in the age of the tea party. Romney was a moderate but had to run right to get elected. Same goes for McCain. Can someone like Rubio, who has a much softer stance on social issues or Christe who is similar and has said things like "Sharia law has nothing to do with this at all. It's crazy. It's crazy," Christie said at a press conference Wednesday. "The guy's an American citizen who has been an admitted lawyer to practice in the state of New Jersey, swearing an oath to uphold the laws of New Jersey, the constitution of the state of New Jersey, and the Constitution of the United States of America . . . .This Sharia law business is crap. It's just crazy. And I'm tired of dealing with the crazies." Christie is talking about a significant segment of the base.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-07-2012 at 08:37 AM.

vCash
    I agree with most here. The Republicans will be held back by backwards social issues. I believe Ron Paul would have won this election had he been the candidate. If the Republicans want to move foward as a party they will have to evolve really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    I agree with most here. The Republicans will be held back by backwards social issues. I believe Ron Paul would have won this election had he been the candidate. If the Republicans want to move foward as a party they will have to evolve really.
    I agree 100%, including your comment on Ron Paul. Republicans need to seriously take a deep look at its policies. Their stances on social issues need to evolve, and they need to get back to the days where they were truly fiscally conservative. I thought it would happen after 2008 but it has not.

vCash
    I like Ron Paul as much as anyone, he's probably the most intelligent republican leader out there but, and it's a big but, the media craps all over him. Hell, the other candidates sit there and laugh at him(even though they look like idiots in doing so IMO). The media wouldn't even give him camera time. The media wasn't even mentioning him during the Republican debates. Fox news, FOX NEWS wasn't even bringing his name up when he was in tight races/polls, can't remember which. There was a conspiracy going on that the media was against him and I don't think it's a stretch to believe that it's true or that something was clearly going on. The one thing Ron Paul doesn't have going for him is that "it" factor. Politics is as much about policy as it is about star quality. Obama is the first black president and a great speaker. Romney played the religious,successful man that the middle-class white man aspires to be. Ron Paul is a logical,old-school republican with "wacky" ideas and is a true fiscal conservative. Paul really plays things by the book, he basis everything off the constitution. I don't see how a man who believes in the following doesn't get more press than the Santorums,Gingrich's,Romneys-

-wants to get rid of property taxes
    -Lose the dept. of education and make the state responsible for education
    -end the war on drugs and allow the state to regulate drug enforcement
    -get rid of the patriot act
    -leave Iraq/Afghanistan as well as every other base around the globe

This is just the tip of the iceberg. The man has consistently voted the same over the years and his track record is pretty impressive. I wish we had a Ron Paul up here and I'd never vote for the Conservatives.

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    I agree 100%, including your comment on Ron Paul. Republicans need to seriously take a deep look at its policies. Their stances on social issues need to evolve, and they need to get back to the days where they were truly fiscally conservative. I thought it would happen after 2008 but it has not.

I agree and i think its the Party's opposition to gay marriage, abortion, etc that allow for its members to get smeared into evil white devils that hate the poor

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    First I am going to admit to not having read this thread so if I repeat things already said you know why.

First I disagree that the GOP is dead because of this one election. We are pretty much right where we started out on Monday with the President/Senate under D control and House under R. So in that regard it looks like to me the country voted for status quo. Granted the districts all just got redrawn with a majority of state legislatures being Republican. That in of itself is going to keep the GOP in charge of the House for the foreseeable future.

Obama was very vulnerable to losing with a still very weak economy the problem for the GOP is they ran a HORRIBLE group for President. When you start the conversation of nominees with Michelle Bachman, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry you're not going to get very far. They needed to do a much better job of getting a more qualified candidates to run for office. I am a HUGE Mitch Daniels fan and think he would have handily beaten Obama last night.

Second I agree with the few posts I have read that the GOP has a huge issue with their social issues. They are the ones who allowed women's rights to become an issue. If it hadn't been for Santorum and his statement about outlawing contraception (or whatever it was) you would have never heard of Sandra Fluke. If the two idiots from MO and IN hadn't made moronic statements about rape/pregnancy there would be two more R Senators. The GOP candidates need to learn to shut their mouth and whether they believe it or not never say stupid things like that. They just need to realize they aren't going to do away with abortion and need to drop it from the platform. If that pisses off the social conservatives so be it they aren't winning with them anyway.

And lastly they need to embrace a constructive path to citizenship. As long as they are seen as anti brown immigrant they are going to be kept out of power. That means they need to run out of town much of the establishment old white men. Karl Rove simply needs to go away.

So I think its premature to right their death certificate. Though certainly hope this wakes the powers that be up to realize they need to desperately change things on social issues and get out of the 50's mindset.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century – that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree and i think its the Party's opposition to gay marriage, abortion, etc that allow for its members to get smeared into evil white devils that hate the poor
    Absolutely. I would also argue that the rhetoric of "illegals" hurts them as well. Even man-god Raygun granted amnesty, yet we see harsh rhetoric from the GOP where they want to deport everybody.

Bottom line, they focus way too much on wedge issues now, and have lost what their party used to be about.

The parties change every couple decades anyway, so the GOP certainly isn't dead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    Absolutely. I would also argue that the rhetoric of "illegals" hurts them as well. Even man-god Raygun granted amnesty, yet we see harsh rhetoric from the GOP where they want to deport everybody.

Bottom line, they focus way too much on wedge issues now, and have lost what their party used to be about.

The parties change every couple decades anyway, so the GOP certainly isn't dead.
    The republicans seem to be decades behind the rest of the world IMO. Look at the rest of the West, all these things they still defend are ancient history in other countries. The bubble is a strange phenomena. The fact that health care is still being debated is ridiculous.

vCash
    Unless the vast majority of Republican party primary voters change their stances on a whole host of issues, neither Paul nor anyone else with similar views will ever come close to the nomination. That was true in 2008, it's true now, and it will be true next time around.
    “A riot,” said Martin Luther King, “is the language of the unheard.”

vCash
    FWIW, I agree with much of what you say here. What chance do you think that any of it actually happens? How do you get the social conservatives to stop running the train without chasing them off to a third party?

The thing I disagree with you about is the Romney campaign. Given the social issues/immigration, it seemed Romney did a real nice job of attracting moderates and undecideds. I don't see a true conservative doing any better next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    First I am going to admit to not having read this thread so if I repeat things already said you know why.

First I disagree that the GOP is dead because of this one election. We are pretty much right where we started out on Monday with the President/Senate under D control and House under R. So in that regard it looks like to me the country voted for status quo. Granted the districts all just got redrawn with a majority of state legislatures being Republican. That in of itself is going to keep the GOP in charge of the House for the foreseeable future.

Obama was very vulnerable to losing with a still very weak economy the problem for the GOP is they ran a HORRIBLE group for President. When you start the conversation of nominees with Michelle Bachman, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry you're not going to get very far. They needed to do a much better job of getting a more qualified candidates to run for office. I am a HUGE Mitch Daniels fan and think he would have handily beaten Obama last night.

Second I agree with the few posts I have read that the GOP has a huge issue with their social issues. They are the ones who allowed women's rights to become an issue. If it hadn't been for Santorum and his statement about outlawing contraception (or whatever it was) you would have never heard of Sandra Fluke. If the two idiots from MO and IN hadn't made moronic statements about rape/pregnancy there would be two more R Senators. The GOP candidates need to learn to shut their mouth and whether they believe it or not never say stupid things like that. They just need to realize they aren't going to do away with abortion and need to drop it from the platform. If that pisses off the social conservatives so be it they aren't winning with them anyway.

And lastly they need to embrace a constructive path to citizenship. As long as they are seen as anti brown immigrant they are going to be kept out of power. That means they need to run out of town much of the establishment old white men. Karl Rove simply needs to go away.

So I think its premature to right their death certificate. Though certainly hope this wakes the powers that be up to realize they need to desperately change things on social issues and get out of the 50's mindset.
    Last edited by IndyFan; 11-07-2012 at 10:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    This is the problem. Can a moderate win when in the age of the tea party. Romney was a moderate but had to run right to get elected. Same goes for McCain. Can someone like Rubio, who has a much softer stance on social issues or Christe who is similar and has said things like "Sharia law has nothing to do with this at all. It's crazy. It's crazy," Christie said at a press conference Wednesday. "The guy's an American citizen who has been an admitted lawyer to practice in the state of New Jersey, swearing an oath to uphold the laws of New Jersey, the constitution of the state of New Jersey, and the Constitution of the United States of America . . . .This Sharia law business is crap. It's just crazy. And I'm tired of dealing with the crazies." Christie is talking about a significant segment of the base.
    I personally think the Tea Party is dead. Yes you will hear a few of the talking points about fiscal cliff and deficit but you are hearing the President talk about those things too and wanting to deal with them.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    FWIW, I agree with much of what you say here. What chance do you think that any of it actually happens? How do you get the social conservatives to stop running the train without chasing them off to a third party?
    For one, losing the election
    2 elderly people die over the next 3 years.
    3 the contraceptive issue will be over by then. To much time will have passed for it to be an issue. Rowe V Wade will still be an issue just like it'll be most likely an issue in 50 years with neither side relenting and nothing changing. I wish we would just drop it

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast