Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    All I heard all week is how great a ground game Romney had going and had invigorated the Repub base like never before and how BAD a job the Obama campaign was doing invigorating their own base. Yet Romney is suddenly out of touch with his own base??

And You label Romney a fake-conservative. You really think a true conservative like Rick Santorum or Bachmann would have run a tighter race??? I think they would have been slaughtered even worse. Social Conservatism is a nightmare of a platform for any Presidential candidate bottom line.
    Romney did have trouble with the base.

The last 2 elections the Republicans have nominated guys that are pretty moderate, and that the base really doesn't like. That's why I think all that "rabid Republican base" talk is kind of funny. Mccain and Romney? Really? They're crazy right wing nuts?

But, Romney had the best chance of winning out of the group of Republicans that ran. Unfortunately that wasn't that great of a group.

I don't think Bachmann or Santorum would have won. They would have done terrible. But I think Christie could have. I think Rubio was too inexperienced. For 2016 it looks like he could be really strong though.

And even Romney could have won if he got a big time foreign policy type VP; if a David Petraeus or Condi Rice would have been on the ticket, it would have been much stronger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Ron Paul would not have won.
    That's very debatable but that's not what I was trying to argue.

Trying to unite Ron Paul support into the party would have helped. Instead of dumping all over them at your convention and effectively killing any motivation they might have had to help you.

Ron Paul had the difference in Virginia and Ohio... almost all of his supports either stayed home or voted for Johnson. There was a massive amount of support out there they weren't able to capitalize on because they didn't know how to.
    Last edited by whitesoxfan83; 11-07-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    Nvm

vCash
    All I heard all week is how great a ground game Romney had going and had invigorated the Repub base like never before and how BAD a job the Obama campaign was doing invigorating their own base. Yet Romney is suddenly out of touch with his own base??

And You label Romney a fake-conservative. You really think a true conservative like Rick Santorum or Bachmann would have run a tighter race??? I think they would have been slaughtered even worse. Social Conservatism is a nightmare of a platform for any Presidential candidate bottom line.
    Yep they got a choice play nice with minorities and lose in the primary's or go hard right and lose in the general elections. lol

vCash

Who spun this nonsense exactly? FoxNews? There was no grassroots support out there for Romney... none that was free anyway.

I also never said SOCIAL conservatism would have won anything.

Truly economic conservatism would have won, Romney didn't offer that and no one could believe him when he did. His track record as governor was abhorrent.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    Who spun this nonsense exactly? FoxNews? There was no grassroots support out there for Romney... none that was free anyway.

I also never said SOCIAL conservatism would have won anything.

Truly economic conservatism would have won, Romney didn't offer that and no one could believe him when he did. His track record as governor was abhorrent.
    I'll say this if Paul would have had been the repub on the ballot I would have easily voted for him. But the kind of ideological overhaul the mainstream Repub base needs to do to accept a guy like Paul is exactly that kind of the extreme total makeover I've been talking about or they need to GTFO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay33 View Post
    Yep they got a choice play nice with minorities and lose in the primary's or go hard right and lose in the general elections. lol
    Basically your exactly right. This sore-loser talk on Fox News about the popular vote is just that. They should realize that Obama won this on the back of Latinos-Blacks-Women and that base is STILL GROWING. Its not a GOOD thing for Repubs that Romney won on them alone its a BAD SIGN. That base is GROWING!!! lol

vCash
    I'll say this if Paul would have had been the repub on the ballot I would have easily voted for him. But the kind of ideological overhaul the mainstream Repub base needs to do to accept a guy like Paul is exactly that kind of the extreme total makeover I've been talking about or they need to GTFO.
    Dude. Ron Paul is more extreme on the issues you brought up than Mitt Romney is. He's to the right economically of Mitt Romney.

You seem to have no idea what you believe in. A person who supports Ron Paul would not, ideologically, be able to get behind Obama unless they have no idea what they actually believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Dude. Ron Paul is more extreme on the issues you brought up than Mitt Romney is. He's to the right economically of Mitt Romney.

You seem to have no idea what you believe in. A person who supports Ron Paul would not, ideologically, be able to get behind Obama unless they have no idea what they actually believe.
    I disagree. Romney campaigned on "small govt" he "moved to the far right" but really he was not genuine on that. He is Bush 2.0. He is pro this and anti that. Paul's ideology is I DONT GIVE A **** its up to the states I'm absolutely on board with Paul's ideaology especially his foreign and economic ones which is why I considered an alternative to Romney. To me Obama is George Bush light while Romney is Bush 2.0.
    Last edited by americaspasttim; 11-09-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Dodging the Filter

vCash
    The Republican party needs to become a libertarian party in order to gain more momentum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think Republicans need to take a page out of the Libertarian playbook and stop being so incredibly conservative on social issues. That's what's killing them, because it's not their take on the economy. Look at the popularity of Ron Paul with younger voters and you'll see what I'm talking about. If they can shy away from the ultra conservative Christian side of their party, there's no reason they can't take over the Senate in 2014 and win the presidency in 2016.
    I agree with this.

vCash
    republicans should self deport to the south. The only place they can ever win again.

vCash
    No. They need a radical overhaul. They need to get rid of people like Michele Bachmann or Todd Akin from their ranks. This party needs to get rid of the flotsam that is dragging down it's popularity.

vCash
    They just need to adapt a newer social issue philosophy.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-07-2012 at 02:29 AM.

vCash
    The Republican Party voter is getting stereotyped as "rich", "old", "white", or "rich, old, and white" (not entirely a correct stereotype but a stereotype nonetheless)

That's not a characterization they want with a growing electorate that consists of minorities, younger people, and moderates.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-07-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast