Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Sure. ONCE UPON A TIME the democratic party was the part of the KKK and pro-slavery. OBVIOUSLY they have over hauled their idealogy. The republican party is just so STALE with this Ronald Reagan rhetoric they spew. I wonder what big changes they will HAVE to make to get in touch with reality
    The ideologies haven't changed that much. The individual issues change. The makeup of the two parties ideologically is still basically Hamilton vs. Jefferson.

In 2008 there were people declaring the Republican party dead, and then 2010 happened.
    it's still kinda Hamilton vs Jefferson, but that is a gross oversimplification. I don't think the GOP is dead but with the changing demographics of this country running by getting as much of the white vote as you can will not work for long, if ever again. There is no doubt that the GOP has to start picking off Asian and hhispanic constituents to stay relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    it's still kinda Hamilton vs Jefferson, but that is a gross oversimplification. I don't think the GOP is dead but with the changing demographics of this country running by getting as much of the white vote as you can will not work for long, if ever again. There is no doubt that the GOP has to start picking off Asian and hhispanic constituents to stay relevant.
    The GOP must change its approach to campaigning if they want to stay relevant.

This has nothing to do with their economic policies. While I disagree with their policies for the most part, they surely can still sell it to the masses.

However, as you mentioned, they need to reach a more diverse audience, or they will continue to lose touch with the American people.

Many of the ideas that many Republicans share are based on their view of a white, catholic American tradition. Many of them keep asking the question: Is the traditional America dead?

Their mistake is that America never had this tradition. The tradition of America is an ever growing diversity. That is the real tradition of America, and it always has been. As a country, we were always heading in this direction from day one. The GOP needs to understand that.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 11-19-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    i hate watching fox news. seriously, watch ANY OTHER CHANNEL. its so bias, the people on there are so rigid and close minded, it makes me sick. so much hate and angst and fabrication. and they try WAY too hard at it. its not even subtle. its blatant BS. they all take everything so personally, you can see it. republicans say "media is mostly democrat"...actually, the media is just media. sure, there are some more democratic-based channels, but nothing can compare to the clown show they call fox news. propaganda being forced on a daily basis. its sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Personal responsibility is a right wing form of thinking? In that case, this country is literally ****ed.

No its not really, its just that using Personal Responsibility as a catch all for every inequity and varying result of effort is just as pathetic, as the few people who are out there gaming the system and living like dependents of the state.

Its an easy way to assign fault,If things are peoples "fault" then theyve earned the consequences.

Another poster has faulted me for pointing out Racism in peoples behaviours.
    Did you know that we are all genetically racist?

Its a fact.

Babies as young as three months old will key on identifiers to associate with the "most Like" options at their disposal.
    It is a survival instinct.
    The degree to which we "choose" to overcome that instinct can be attributed to will, but it is also a matter of how strongly that instinct is present in our minds.
    How much we fear, or love,or feel loyalty or apathy, it is all a matter of Nature and Nuture, of experiences and chemistry.

Being able to dissmiss someone elses struggles as a matter of personal responsibility not being met, is rooted in cowardice...In lazyiness.

Peoples outcomes that fall short of an acceptable norm, are ususally the result of significant and traumatic events.

Heres where the personal responsibility crowd drags out the crosses they have borne:
    Well I had a mean Dad Too!well we grew up poor too!

see , drawing that equivelancy returns things to a black and white perspective, Good and Bad, effort and lazy,
    Angel and Devil.

What they never want to accept is that people are not the same.

llike with everything else things affect people differently and by varying degrees.telling someone with a Nut allergy to stop complaining and man up and eat the peanut like everyone else is , is just narrow minded.

stop looking to label people and Blame them, try to understand and help,it not only takes you a lot further,it is more benefical in the longrun .

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    The GOP must change its approach to campaigning if they want to stay relevant.

This has nothing to do with their economic policies. While I disagree with their policies for the most part, they surely can still sell it to the masses.

However, as you mentioned, they need to reach a more diverse audience, or they will continue to lose touch with the American people.

Many of the ideas that many Republicans share are based on their view of a white, catholic American tradition. Many of them keep asking the question: Is the traditional America dead?

Their mistake is that America never had this tradition. The tradition of America is an ever growing diversity. That is the real tradition of America, and it always has been. As a country, we were always heading in this direction from day one. The GOP needs to understand that.
    The only tradition is change, and fear of the new culture.

I don't get the catholic thing... They were once the outside group, and Catholics are about as split as a group could be.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Latinos: ideology

54% conservative

39% lib.

I saw this on MSNBC today.

If we soften the immigration message, it's over for libs. That's why my party will win in 2016. I can't wait to take our country back.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post

54% conservative

39% lib.

If we soften the immigration message, it's over for libs. That's why my party will win in 2016. I can't wait to take our country back.
    IF they soften their message, then that could happen. But unfortunately for the GOP, you have to weed out a lot of the old part of the GOP. Those older folks don't like them latinos "takin' their jerbs".
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash

54% conservative

39% lib.

This is the plan I expect the GOP to try to use. For just the reasons you note. Now all they have to do is get the party base to agree to amnesty, open the doors to a huge increase in immigration, pass the DREAM act and make it easy to become a citizen. Personally I don't see it happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    IF they soften their message, then that could happen. But unfortunately for the GOP, you have to weed out a lot of the old part of the GOP. Those older folks don't like them latinos "takin' their jerbs".
    Are they going to start voting for libs?

They'll have to deal with it. I don't like it, but I have to deal with it for the sake of my party.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash

They'll have to deal with it. I don't like it, but I have to deal with it for the sake of my party.
    I don't know who they will vote for. I would hope they move to a more libertarian brand of the GOP that doesn't fight these ridiculous social issues that are going to kill the party off and crush it from the national stage. Gay marriage and abortion are going to be the end of the GOP.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    please enlighten me....just from whom are you taking YOUR country back from?

It really is a stupid thing to say, so Id love an education on this matter.
    Is it from people on welfare, becasue the Rs caused this problem more then anyone else?

Is it from minorities, or gays?
    Who is it that has taken your country?

Today a the largest Insider trading case ever brought to indictment was announced.
    Both the doctor and the Hedge fund manager were Rs.
    see, its bad to give poor people 800 dollars a month, but its ok to commit fraud for 280 million the good old fashioned Republican way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    please enlighten me....just from whom are you taking YOUR country back from?

It really is a stupid thing to say, so Id love an education on this matter.
    Is it from people on welfare, becasue the Rs caused this problem more then anyone else?

Is it from minorities, or gays?
    Who is it that has taken your country?

Today a the largest Insider trading case ever brought to indictment was announced.
    Both the doctor and the Hedge fund manager were Rs.
    see, its bad to give poor people 800 dollars a month, but its ok to commit fraud for 280 million the good old fashioned Republican way.
    Corporate welfare is certainly egregious but the solution is to simplify the tax code where there are no deductions for anyone. As long as politicians are able to hide handouts to their favorite causes in the tax code there will be those that exploit these loopholes. This should be a Democrat issue but I don't see them pushing this issue.

vCash
    I believe we need to create more urban appeal i also believe we should run a candidate that can win over people ( Marco Rubio). I also think we will the next election if Obama continues with his first term.

vCash

Good luck. You think a Republican Congressman like Steve King is going to suddenly turn away from being a lifelong racist?

JANET MEFFERD: How in the world do you out-left the left anyway? If we go to the left on amnesty, do you think the Democrats are going to sit still and just go ‘oh I guess that they’re more caring than we are’? It’s a zero-sum game. I don’t know how in the world the Republicans expect to get votes when the Democrats are already farther along than we are.

STEVE KING: There’s no possible way. Whatever we might say we are going to do, reduce the enforcement of the rule of law, waive the rule of law, Democrats will find a way to hand deliver citizenship papers along with a great big check from money borrowed from the Chinese.
    Maybe he can be swayed to appeal to an "urban" demographic? Maybe not.

Steve King: Illegal Immigrants Using Voter Fraud To Take Over America

At a debate last night with Democratic challenger Christie Vilsack, Rep. Steve King (R-IA) dipped his toes into the debate over voter ID laws, telling the audience that such measures must be passed “before we turn this country over to people who are not American citizens.” King, who has described immigrants as dogs and proposed an electrified fence on the Mexican border, claimed that there is “significant voter fraud in this country” and, according to the Des Moines Register, blamed undocumented immigrants for a significant chunk of it.
    Pretending away the problem your party has with minorities is like an ostrich sticking its head in the sand. You know who agrees with Steve King (R-IA)? The constituents that keep re-electing him. And there is the real problem for your party and the nation.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    This thread should be ****ing deleted

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast