Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7
    Every thing is brain chemistry Gcoll
    That's just your brain chemistry talking.

vCash

vCash
    edited due to inapropriate content
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 11-18-2012 at 02:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    to difficult to grasp I take it......
    No. I just don't care.
    Last edited by gcoll; 11-18-2012 at 01:23 AM.

vCash
    I've been saying Mitt Romney is the Republican John Kerry for a year now. It's like they said "do we have an ultra-wealthy, no charisma, plastic haired white dude from Massachussetts that we can run against this embattled President? Cause that worked great in 04'!

vCash
    lets examine the notion of will then my friend.....
    will is rooted in a concept of Individuality,Of free choice.

through force of will I excercise good judgements,through good judgements I make good decisions ,my good decisions result in good outcomes,which I have earned.

People lacking a strong will, excercise poor judgements,through which they make poor decisions,and as a result they have negative outcomes, they too have earned the consequences.

Only will isnt from the heart, or soul as quaint as that belief may be.
    Will is a product of brain chemistry.
    every single decision we make , every single thought we have is influenced by the level of dopamine,serotnin and hundreds of other brain chemicals making sequencing events with electrical stimulation within our brains.

See, YOU WANT to feel you are completely in control of who you are and what you do, but you are actually a result of a series of experiences which you had very little to do with shaping.
    whether you were held,or loved..wether you were beaten or encouraged, whether you were sexually abused or ignored by family.whether you had friends, or family or 1000 nuianced experiences that were totally out of your control...conspired to make the person you see in the mirror.

People with addiction problems are labeled and stigmatized.
    Did you know that in an addicts brain, the area that supports cognitive reasoning is severally imparied BEFORE they even use any substance?
    One of the reasons they keep getting Drunk/high, is becasue quite simply they cant remember the negative consequence.

when you are injured or punished, Much like with Pavlovs dogs you have an immediate and physical response to the stimulus of remembering the bad experience.

Fire= hot=burn= Im not gonna let THAT happen again.
    But for an addict,although they can remember that they didnt like the consequence, they donot remember the "burn", that part of the brain doesnt function right,so three days latter, they dont "fear" the outcome of getting "burned" again becasue there is no memeory directly associated with the act...it is only through repeated painful consequences that occur while sober, that create the neccessary engram(this term is a hypothetical term used to describe the process of storing a memeory)for them to draw from that allows them after time to accept the idea that getting high/drunk is a bad idea.

see, people who have a healthy mental balance, want to ascribe choice to the actions of people who do things that dont make sense to them, be it addiction, or allowing someone to abuse them, or having anger issues, or depressive issues,or anxiety issues.

a staggering 40 million people in the US suffer from some form of Anxiety issue.

Bipolar, Manic depressives, Dependent personality disorder.
    Furthur more several suffer from Chronic traumatic Encephaloplathy,which is a result of repeated head trauma.
    Chris Henry the bengals reciever had severe CTE.
    IT directly effected his reasoning and he wound up standing in the back of a moving truck and got thrown to his death.

Kids with ADHD, wind up struggling in school.
    Becasue they struggle in school, they wind up suffering consequences.
    The teacher singles them out for discipline,becasue they are often "in trouble"
    other children begin rejecting them as play mates and friends.Because they lack a large pool of options for interaction due to intentionally being "left Out" they seek out others who in turn have problems of their own,or wind up becoming angry or depressed.

living with anger is a poison that actually changes the brain chemistry of people.
    It gets progressively worse.
    As does depression, as does anxiety.
    it clouds judgement,it impares will.
    As a veteran i know a lot of Homeless Vets that suffer from PTSD.
    I guess they were not "personally responsible " when they volunteered to protect you.
    I could go on for days describing imbalances and illnesses and the effects to them that account for huge variations in the outcomes to peoples efforts to be "personaly responsible"(lol)

Ive said it at least a dozen times in here,
    we view life through the prism of our own experiences..it is nearly impossible to understand the plight of others until we find ourselves in the same circumstance.
    dont presume to be in a position to judge others.
    So we have no control? I should just do whatever my brain chemistry says I should do and forget consequences because hey! I didn't want steal that money, my brain chemistry did. What I killed your love one because I smoked some weed and drove my car over the median? Don't judge me, looking through the prism of my experiences it was good idea.

Life isn't fair. We don't all get the same beginning, catch the same lucky breaks, or have the strengths and weaknesses. But your new age "poor me" crap isn't gonna make things all even-Steven. Reading your posts gives me the impression that your see humans a helpless dependents waiting for the government to make them whole.

vCash
    You already DO what your brain chemistry suggests(lol).
    We all do.
    To what do you attribute your WILL?
    Is there some other force at work that I am unaware of.?
    Is your will focused in your foot, or ear?

Noone is saying Poor me ,but you.
    what Im saying is that rather then break your arm patting yourself on the back for your success/accomplishmnets...whatever..
    and rather then randomly assessing blame to circumstances of which you have no knowledge, it would seem a more inteligent approach to be helpful, supportive,genorous and giving,and enjoy the rewards of following the path set out before us in every major religion there is , as well as every major philosophy.

see the truley Lazy, helpless approach to problems is the one that dis associates you from any involvement.
    Its like telling a parapaligic that if he REALLY wanted to walk he could.
    Everyone who thinks helping others is providing a crutch until it is them that needs the help(lol).

In regards to Brain chemistry controling thought, emotions, perceptions, I would really appreciate some research on your, or anyone elses part before a commentary is offered.

vCash
    You already DO what your brain chemistry suggests(lol).
    We all do.
    To what do you attribute your WILL?
    Is there some other force at work that I am unaware of.?
    Is your will focused in your foot, or ear?

Noone is saying Poor me ,but you.
    what Im saying is that rather then break your arm patting yourself on the back for your success/accomplishmnets...whatever..
    and rather then randomly assessing blame to circumstances of which you have no knowledge, it would seem a more inteligent approach to be helpful, supportive,genorous and giving,and enjoy the rewards of following the path set out before us in every major religion there is , as well as every major philosophy.

see the truley Lazy, helpless approach to problems is the one that dis associates you from any involvement.
    Its like telling a parapaligic that if he REALLY wanted to walk he could.
    Everyone who thinks helping others is providing a crutch until it is them that needs the help(lol).

In regards to Brain chemistry controling thought, emotions, perceptions, I would really appreciate some research on your, or anyone elses part before a commentary is offered.
    But I choose to ignore my brain chemistry when it tells me to do something with a consequence I don't want to pay. My choice. Having consequences is good.

Most people who are overweight, smoke, are sedentary aren't dealing with an inability to overcome those choices akin to asking a paraplegic to walk. I hate to exercise and I'm erratic at following the exercise plan I have. I'm not disabled, I'm just lazy.

I'm not advocating that we shouldn't help others, I'm advocating that the government shouldn't incentivize against legal behaviors.

I'm aware of the effects brain chemistry, perspective, and personal history has on our thought processes. I just don't believe a large majority of the population can use them as excuses for being a drain on society.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    But I choose to ignore my brain chemistry when it tells me to do something with a consequence I don't want to pay. My choice. Having consequences is good.

Most people who are overweight, smoke, are sedentary aren't dealing with an inability to overcome those choices akin to asking a paraplegic to walk. I hate to exercise and I'm erratic at following the exercise plan I have. I'm not disabled, I'm just lazy.

I'm not advocating that we shouldn't help others, I'm advocating that the government shouldn't incentivize against legal behaviors.

I'm aware of the effects brain chemistry, perspective, and personal history has on our thought processes. I just don't believe a large majority of the population can use them as excuses for being a drain on society.
    right on!
    Now we are getting to the heart of the matter.
    Judgement.
    Its very hard right?
    we walk in the fresh fruit ailse and look at all the oranges and want to make sure we get a good one , but once in a while...darn thing was rotten!

Are there people who malinger? of course.
    the problem then is how do we make a fair determination.
    most conservatives use the one bad apple spoils it for the rest of us approach,I cant trust everyone, so I wont trust anyone.
    In certain instances I feel that ,that becomes the most economical approach.

If your caught sodomizing a 7 year old kid....I really dont care if you were beaten and abused, or totured...that is tragic,but I can not suffer the consequences of your tragedy when it is destroying other people as well.

Im putting you down.i mean that sincerely, Id sadly just put em to sleep.
    some sick is to intense, to deep, and like you are saying there is a point where consequences must have meaning.

But, a teen who was sexually abused by her Uncle, who feels dirty or ugly, who eats compulsively becasue the dopamine dump provides a relief from the painful memeories....I think she deserves a break...
    The problem is we simply cant sort them out, the good ones get in wioth the bad , the bad ones get in with the good.
    Im not willing to let a "good" one suffer to make sure every "bad" one gets what they have coming.....Thanx Gasman....your a cool dude....usually people get really mad at my persistence and wind up trying to sneak in an insult here and there.I admire your preserverance

vCash
    right on!
    Now we are getting to the heart of the matter.
    Judgement.
    Its very hard right?
    we walk in the fresh fruit ailse and look at all the oranges and want to make sure we get a good one , but once in a while...darn thing was rotten!

Are there people who malinger? of course.
    the problem then is how do we make a fair determination.
    most conservatives use the one bad apple spoils it for the rest of us approach,I cant trust everyone, so I wont trust anyone.
    In certain instances I feel that ,that becomes the most economical approach.

If your caught sodomizing a 7 year old kid....I really dont care if you were beaten and abused, or totured...that is tragic,but I can not suffer the consequences of your tragedy when it is destroying other people as well.

Im putting you down.i mean that sincerely, Id sadly just put em to sleep.
    some sick is to intense, to deep, and like you are saying there is a point where consequences must have meaning.

But, a teen who was sexually abused by her Uncle, who feels dirty or ugly, who eats compulsively becasue the dopamine dump provides a relief from the painful memeories....I think she deserves a break...
    The problem is we simply cant sort them out, the good ones get in wioth the bad , the bad ones get in with the good.
    Im not willing to let a "good" one suffer to make sure every "bad" one gets what they have coming.....Thanx Gasman....your a cool dude....usually people get really mad at my persistence and wind up trying to sneak in an insult here and there.I admire your preserverance
    I'm a recovering liberal so I understand your point of view, I just don't agree with it anymore. Thanks, it's certainly been an interesting conversation.

vCash
    both parties need to get the **** out. they had their run, it should be over and people should be voting independent or a new party who doesn't bow down to the corps.

Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

vCash
    Just the notion of Personal Responsibility is a horribly naive self gratifying Rt wing mental masturbation.
    Personal responsibility is a right wing form of thinking? In that case, this country is literally ****ed.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post

Preventative medicine has to do with more than just not being fat, smoking, or drinking.
    your point?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    both parties need to get the **** out. they had their run, it should be over and people should be voting independent or a new party who doesn't bow down to the corps.
    yep. Problem is, that will never happen with the movement going on in this country. Besides, who can possibly bring up the money to challenge both parties, both of which are failures?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    your point?
    That's you're either acting as if it does, or having a conversation no one else seems to be having.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast