Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    They need to adopt the libertarian approach to social issues and evolve past being anti gay rights, anti abortion, or anti immigration.

Most people believe in fiscal conservatism and the idea of not being trillions of dollars in debt but they have to get on board with the more popular social issues.

Like for example getting on board with more progressive ways of birth control that don't include abstinence.

They have to wake up, its the 21st century.

vCash
    If the Republicans continue their anti gay rights, anti abortion, anti pretty much anything that they should be above in this day and age, Republicans as a party will collapse and a new one will take it's place.

This election didn't really show what party America wanted to vote for, this election is a wake up call to all republicans that the people are not going to take their backward bull **** anymore. Their platform was horrible and the republican candidates should be ashamed of themselves for how they ran their campaigns.

Especially candidates like Linda Mchman that spend over 70+ million on ads for her past two elections that you might as well should have spent on helping the people that lost their homes and lives on Hurricane Sandy. People like her are just downright disgusting.

Wake up conservatives/republicans, your 1950s political mindset and dinosaur business practices will come to an end. Adept, or die.

vCash
    The Republicans are going to have a hard time going forward.

This generation is the largest generation yet and younger people along with minorities tend to lean left and most likely always will.

Social issues such as abortion, gay rights, immigration are all issues Republicans will have to rethink their philosophy on and look into taking the Libertarian approach on those issues instead of the Tea Party one.

Also, the Republican Party voter is being stereotyped as "rich", "old", "white", or "rich, old, and white" (not entirely a correct stereotype but a stereotype nonetheless)

That's not a characterization they want with a growing electorate that consists of more minorities, more younger people, and more moderates.

If they don't change that idealism socially, they will become more out of touch with the general American consensus with each passing generation.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-07-2012 at 02:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    If the Republicans continue their anti gay rights, anti abortion, anti pretty much anything that they should be above in this day and age, Republicans as a party will collapse and a new one will take it's place.

This election didn't really show what party America wanted to vote for, this election is a wake up call to all republicans that the people are not going to take their backward bull **** anymore. Their platform was horrible and the republican candidates should be ashamed of themselves for how they ran their campaigns.

Especially candidates like Linda Mchman that spend over 70+ million on ads for her past two elections that you might as well should have spent on helping the people that lost their homes and lives on Hurricane Sandy. People like her are just downright disgusting.

Wake up conservatives/republicans, your 1950s political mindset and dinosaur business practices will come to an end. Adept, or die.
    This x 100000000000000000000000000000000000

They need to shed this "Conservative" Bullsh-t and keep their economic policy and put a pretty face on it and move forward with that and MAYBE MAYBE they might convince the country to put them in the white house again.

vCash
    i didnt make it through the whole thread so forgive me if I repeat any thoughts but here you go.
    1) the electoral college is on the way out GUARENTEED.
    Texas is going blue, no way to avoid it,once that happens TX,NY,and CA will determine every election.
    the democrasy will be in jeopardy unless we go to the popoular vote.
    Two, besides social/economic issues the biggest failure of the republican party has been to engage in a culture of duplicity regarding their policies.
    If you have to try and confuse, or mislead or flat out lie about what your intentions are chances are people are not going to trust you.
    The Rs must abandon the exterme fringe elements of their party.
    It doesnt matter if they wind up alienating the religious RT. or the racially intolerant, there is simply not enough of these people to pander to and expect to win.
    The return of the Moderate Republican has become, the end of the Tea party is on the hrizon,this is good for you Rs, and good for America.

vCash
    Why is Texas going blue? I'm guessing it's because of hispanics, but Romney got 57% of the Texas vote this year, which is up from McCain's 56%...

Doubt anything there changes drastically any time soon. Still very strong red.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Why is Texas going blue? I'm guessing it's because of hispanics, but Romney got 57% of the Texas vote this year, which is up from McCain's 56%...

Eh, Texas as a state are as backward as the current Republican party.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post

it has been trending up in population and democratic affiliation.
    generally higher concetrations of population leans toward the democratic party, as well as the growing hispanic population which is continuing rapidly.
    In addition, the election of Tea party candidates is expected to create some backlash in upcoming years.

Most Political strategists have little doubt about this happening

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...qpzdChWlUBhs3w

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...6wYkUh-hzq7RYQ

vCash
    Texas is actually very nice.
    The weather is another thing...

vCash

I been saying this. But that means as hateful part of the base is still a force. How do you win the primary, with out playing to them? An once you do that your screwed with minorities in the general. An that part of the base is old an set in there ways and they are not changing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    i didnt make it through the whole thread so forgive me if I repeat any thoughts but here you go.
    1) the electoral college is on the way out GUARENTEED.
    Texas is going blue, no way to avoid it,once that ha
    ppens TX,NY,and CA will determine every election.
    the democrasy will be in jeopardy unless we go to the popoular vote.
    Two, besides social/economic issues the biggest failure of the republican party has been to engage in a culture of duplicity regarding their policies.
    If you have to try and confuse, or mislead or flat out lie about what your intentions are chances are people are not going to trust you.
    The Rs must abandon the exterme fringe elements of their party.
    It doesnt matter if they wind up alienating the religious RT. or the racially intolerant, there is simply not enough of these people to pander to and expect to win.
    The return of the Moderate Republican has become, the end of the Tea party is on the hrizon,this is good for you Rs, and good for America.

Yea OKAY it didn't make it out after Gore vs. Bush 2 where Gore WON the popular vote why SUDDENLY would the EC be on the way out???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Texas is actually very nice.
    The weather is another thing...
    Nice at sports maybe, weather or pretty much anything else? Eh....

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/03/12/te...hing-standard/

That day when I first heard about that, was the day I pretty much will always denounce Texas and the majority of it's population, as "legitimate, bright, and civil human beings".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay33 View Post
    I been saying this. But that means as hateful part of the base is still a force. How do you win the primary, with out playing to them? An once you do that your screwed with minorities in the general. An that part of the base is old an set in there ways and they are not changing.
    I think it might change soon. After all, guess what kind of people were the majority that voted for Romney for example, OLD PEOPLE!

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/main

And what happens to old people when they get even older? They die. My theory is simple. These old cynical geezers that are still stuck in their dinosaur poltical mindset and business practices will die out, and eventually...HOPEFULLY, new bright people take their place that come from this day and age.

Maybe it might happen, maybe it won't. But it shows now the minority, are not a minority anymore lol. Young people seem to finally take interest in political elections and new up and comers for the future government just might change. It's a long shot, and probably far fetched, but it could happen. It will just take time and some patience.

vCash
    I think it might change soon. After all, guess what kind of people were the majority that voted for Romney for example, OLD PEOPLE!

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/main

And what happens to old people when they get even older? They die. My theory is simple. These old cynical geezers that are still stuck in their dinosaur poltical mindset and business practices will die out, and eventually...HOPEFULLY, new bright people take their place that come from this day and age.

Maybe it might happen, maybe it won't. But it shows now the minority, are not a minority anymore lol. Young people seem to finally take interest in political elections and new up and comers for the future government just might change. It's a long shot, and probably far fetched, but it could happen. It will just take time and some patience.
    I can't say your wrong, but as long as their still kicking there going be a problem.

I work with one, and he really thinks all hispanics are illegals and there just here to steal jobs from americans and have anchor babies. The GOP is in trouble. Lol

vCash
    I can't say your wrong, but as long as their still kicking there going be a problem.

I work with one, and he really thinks all hispanics are illegals and there just here to steal jobs from americans and have anchor babies. The GOP is in trouble. Lol
    As Charlie Chaplin once said in the movie "The Great Dictator",

"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress: the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die, liberty will never perish. . ."

Currently, we might be in for a rough couple of decades. I know that. But as long as were not immortal, eventually, that kind of person you said you worked with? They will eventually die out.

Honestly, as much as I say how America is getting more horrible year after year after year, despite all the problems they currently have, despite how that if they don't change now, then their doomed, I still believe, SOMEHOW, that this country has a brighter future ahead.

I don't know why and I can't explain it, hell, sometimes I question my thought on it many times, but for some reason, I have a good feeling that things will eventually get better.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast