Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Assuming Boozer can return to his level of play of 2011-2012, then the target should be a Defensive Big in the Draft, and Mayo and Evans in Free Agency using the TPE, possibly look to replace both Rip and Belinelli with a "Scorer" and "Shooter" giving Kirk Hinrich/Jimmy Butler mergency minutes at SG if we badly need defense

If the Bulls want to get below the tax, then Boozer can be cut allowing them the use of both the $5m TPE and $5m with plenty of room to add a 15 Man Roster before hitting the $74.3m Hard Cap.

At this time, I feel the Bulls will keep their options open for Summer 2014 (which I expect them to strike out again), hold onto Boozer one final year (2013-2014), try to add one or two more possibly short term pieces next summer (2013) with the $5m TPE and $3m MMLE

vCash
    a defensive big? have we forgotten we have Gibson & Noah? I don't mind taking one, I just think making that our target is something way too premature.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    a defensive big? have we forgotten we have Gibson & Noah? I don't mind taking one, I just think making that our target is something way too premature.
    Definitely pre mature statement I made. It's very early right now but being that there are "very little" shooting guards expected to declare, and many bigs, just seems more likely than not the Bulls aim for a "Big", possibly a long term replacement to Asik in this upcoming draft.

Projected Future Front Court Roster in 2014-2015
    Gibson - Mirotic
    Noah - 2013 Big - Maybe Nazr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boogydown View Post
    Definitely pre mature statement I made. It's very early right now but being that there are "very little" shooting guards expected to declare, and many bigs, just seems more likely than not the Bulls aim for a "Big", possibly a long term replacement to Asik in this upcoming draft.

Gibson - Mirotic
    Personally this sounds good to me, i don't think the draft this year will be very deep
    http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft
    If the SG from Cuse was there i would take him, but i think his stock will rise.
    Dieng or Gobert would be good bigs, any athletic big would be great. We know Thibs can mold them

vCash
    booz and taj are pretty much stealing from the bulls at this point

Go hard in the regular season, take a breather in the playoffs!

vCash
    Unknown where players will end up falling but my guess is Dieng will end up going in the 2nd Round. Just lacks any real strong offensive skills. Going to hurt his stock.

It's too early to know who to draft. Mocks will change completely and we dont even know what pick we're going to have.

vCash
    Ill tell you one thing. We will be going after a 2 guard after we amnesty Boozer and let rip walk. The FO payed Taj all the money to start till Mirotic comes over. Also have you guys been noticing the offensive game of Joakim Noah???

vCash

Gibson - Mirotic
    i'd be fine with drafting a center as our main backup for 3+ years

vCash
    Unknown where players will end up falling but my guess is Dieng will end up going in the 2nd Round. Just lacks any real strong offensive skills. Going to hurt his stock.

It's too early to know who to draft. Mocks will change completely and we dont even know what pick we're going to have.
    No doubt I was just throwing some names out there

vCash
    id love to see a Derrick Rose & OJ Mayo backcourt in 2013. Get it done Paxson !!

if only Paxson believe in Juice when his value was at an all-time low, but it wouldnt have mattered cause Rose went down with the ACL

OJ Mayo 40 points 8 rebounds vs James Harden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6DCFAfuDo

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    as much as I would love OJ, if he continues to play as well as he is there is no way we can afford him if he opts out. 21 ppg is a huge upgrade from what he was playing.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Here is what I see happening this summer pending of course potential "trades" before then which seem unlikely to happen.

Amnesty Carlos Boozer
    Those who follow me on Twitter or Facebook know that I have been saying from the start that the Chicago Bulls will not Amnesty Carlos Boozer this summer. Now of course if he continues to play poorly, then we have no choice because he is useless but if he puts up even close to the level of play he produced the past two seasons, then he'll be a Chicago Bull for at least one more season.

Trade Deadline and Who's Out This Summer
    I don't expect the Bulls to go crazy spending this summer and use the TPE and MMLE without any subtractions. I think the guys in the Hot Seat are Nate Robinson, Marco Belinelli, Rip Hamilton, Vlad Rad, and Nazr Mohammed all of which could be looking to find new teams this upcoming summer depending how they perform this season and all of which who could be traded at Trade Deadline with of course Carlos Boozer and possibly drafting picks.

Of the guys listed above, Nate Robinson and Vlad Rad are the two most unlikely guys to return to the Team next year. Nazr Mohammed is someone that if he doesn't improve from his recent level of play won't even be in the NBA next year. I still believe Rip Hamilton can help us but if we can find an "upgrade" such as Gerald Henderson, Tony Allen, and I would have put Brandon Rush here before he got hurt for free this summer, then they could look to replace Rip Hamilton. My idea with Rip Hamilton is get him to take a paycut. Cut him this summer, and then re-sign him back for the Vet Min. He takes a small paycut but he does it for the team and he wouldn't receive that much more somewhere else (maybe $3m someplace else). He has made his money and the Bulls need to make cuts in order to add more talent with the TPE/MMLE. He won't like it and I know it seems doubtful, but the Bulls would save $3.15m. I don't believe the hype about the Bulls starting Kirk Hinrich at SG. Marco Belinelli returning here depends on how successful he plays here. All in all, you'd think at least one would return but I won't be shocked if all are let go.

The Draft
    The Bulls are necessarily guaranteed to draft a Center but it will be a higher priority. The hope is someone slips and the Bulls land a steal. It's still very early, but the Bulls are usually high on guys who are hard working, leaders, good team players, and defensive minded. They could also look to keep their 2nd Round Pick, possibly go Euro but I could see the Bulls do some Draft Day Deals involving the 2013, 2014 2nd Round Picks and Bobcats Pick. Much discussion has been on getting the possible Bobcats Pick this year which is Top 12 Protected. However, I don't see it happening. I believe the Bobcats success right now is short term and only a matter of time until defenses adjust to the young players and the Bobcats finish with around 20 to 30 wins. The Bulls however should know that they are improving so being hopeful that the pick will mount to anything "special" is looking more unlikely. I would consider packaging it away if the right deal is on the table.

Free Agency 2013
    I expect them to look for backcourt shooting guard help primarily look at options such as Tyreke Evans, O.J. Mayo, J.J. Redick, Kyle Korver, Chase Budinger, and Tony Allen. With the $5m TPE, they maybe able to land a steal player. They'll be limited on what they can do in terms of trading for players under existing contract due to that they can only absorb a deal of $5m or lower making it difficult to add talent that would necessarily be an upgrade over what we have now. Our only hope here is that the Bulls can get "lucky" for once in Free Agency and make up for the decision to let Omer Asik walk. Knowing the Bulls Front Office, I think we're going to be dissapointed with whatever free agent acquisitions we make this summer.

Projected 2013-2014 Roster
    Derrick Rose - Kirk Hinrich - Marquis Teague
    ? - ?
    Luol Deng - Jimmy Butler
    Carlos Boozer - Taj Gibson
    Joakim Noah - ?
    Last edited by boogydown; 11-16-2012 at 07:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo View Post
    id love to see a Derrick Rose & OJ Mayo backcourt in 2013. Get it done Paxson !!

if only Paxson believe in Juice when his value was at an all-time low, but it wouldnt have mattered cause Rose went down with the ACL
    Going to be difficult at this point. Bulls had plenty of chances, they truly did. At this point, it just seems so unlikely to happen more so than ever before.

Front office blew it when they verbally committed to Kirk Hinrich pre maturely to avoid striking out this summer. They blew it in 2011 when they couldn't "Beat" Indianas Offer for O.J. Mayo which never even happened because they didn't make the 3:00PM Deadline. They handled the entire Mayo situation poorly. I feel they just didn't want to ever take a major gamble on him otherwise without a doubt he'd be a Bull today. The reason they probably weren't willing to take a gamble is because he is one dimensional and they clearly pointed out in 2009 when Ben Gordon left they didn't want that in the backcourt anymore. At this time, it's pretty clear the Bulls are only looking for All Around Solutions more so than pure scorers in the backcourt. I think they are handling it all wrong though. They should have a defensive liability in the backcourt, not the front court. The front court should at all times have two defensive players and the offensive liability can be at SG because the SG Position is the 2nd weakest spot in the NBA today.
    Last edited by boogydown; 11-16-2012 at 08:01 PM.

vCash
    The bulls' offer easily beat the pacer's for OJ Mayo years ago. The owner of the Grizzlies went out of his way to accept a worse deal from Indiana. The Pacers were offering McRoberts & their pick. The Bulls were offering I believe one of Kyle Korver or Ronnie Brewer and CJ Watson. Which would you rather have? The Memphis FO said in order for them to deal we'd have to send either Gibson or Asik, which obviously was well above market value if they were content in taking McBob and a low/mid 20s pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    The bulls' offer easily beat the pacer's for OJ Mayo years ago. The owner of the Grizzlies went out of his way to accept a worse deal from Indiana. The Pacers were offering McRoberts & their pick. The Bulls were offering I believe one of Kyle Korver or Ronnie Brewer and CJ Watson. Which would you rather have? The Memphis FO said in order for them to deal we'd have to send either Gibson or Asik, which obviously was well above market value if they were content in taking McBob and a low/mid 20s pick.
    That's what I thought as well but the Bulls offer wasn't better. Indiana Pacers offer was better according to a poll made. I was pretty shocked as well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast