Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Danny Garcia vs Zab Judah set for Jan 19

By Rick Reeno

Golden Boy Promotions CEO, Richard Schaefer, has advised BoxingScene.com that a deal was finalized for Danny Garcia (25-0, 16 KOs) to make the second defense of his WBA/WBC junior welterweight titles against former two-division champion Zab Judah (42-7, 29 KOs) on January 19th.

Judah sat ringside last month, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, and watched Garcia secure a crushing one-punch knockout of Mexican legend Erik Morales in four rounds. Judah was last seen in March, dominating previously undefeated Vernon Paris and stopping him in the ninth round.

Garcia-Judah will headline a Showtime televised tripleheader, and Schaefer indicates the event may even become a quadrupleheader. WBO middleweight champion Peter Quillin (28-0, 20 KOs) will make the first defense of his title on the show. Quillin captured the title last month on the Garcia-Morales undercard, after dropping Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam (27-1, 17 KOs) six times to win a twelve round unanimous decision.

The venue has not been finalized, but Schaefer confirms that Golden Boy is holding the date with the Barclays Center.

"The deal has been finalized. It's going to be January 19th on Showtime. It's going to be part of a tripleheader, possibly a quadrupleheader, but for sure a tripleheader. Peter Quillin is going to be on the card as well. We are finalizing everything. I am holding the Barclays Center. I think anywhere [that fight] will be in the Tri-state area, it will do big numbers, but obviously my first choice is Barclays," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

I saw this coming.

vCash
    I believe in Zab.....

vCash
    so do i. and i hope judah wins. But he better be prepared. Or he will get hurt bad again.

vCash
    Danny Garcia KO in the 7th round.

vCash
    Garcia is to strong. Zap will feel that strength and go in his shell.

vCash
    I really like Danny Garcia.. he's been making huge statements lately

vCash
    That press conference today was pretty wild. Thought Dannys pops was gonna start swinging on zab. This is going to ge a fun buildup.

vCash
    Can't wait. Just want a rematch between Khan And Garcia.

vCash
    Khan hasn't avenged any of his losses, don't expect him to start now either.

vCash
    Khan is begging for a rematch with Garcia. His only losses came to Peterson,Prescott and Garcia. He's asked for rematches for all his losses but Garcia dose not want a rematch, Peterson was on roids and Prescott is straight trash now. Why give him a payday?
    IF Amir Khan and Garcia go at it again. I'm taking Khan UD.

vCash
    Khan could win, but he'd literally have to try and not get punched at all by Garcia. 1 punch and he's gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Khan could win, but he'd literally have to try and not get punched at all by Garcia. 1 punch and he's gone.
    what's that going to be another low blow?
    Garcia was cut in just the second round, Khan had an advantage for most of that fight until Garcia threw a great left hook.
    a rematch could go either way.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 12-06-2012 at 09:30 AM.

vCash
    Zab Judah claims that he was on his way to watch the khan fight, all of golden boy was there, obviously Garcia was too.

Zab had 4 escalades packed up with his homes and 10 lapd cops cars pulled him over and told him not to go. They heard he was going to start a riot. Zab thinks the Garcias snitched on him. I actually think golden boy might of. Money never changed zab, that's for sure. Lol

God I wish this fight had a 24/7. Garcias and Judahs are perfect for that show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    what's that going to be another low blow?
    Garcia was cut in just the second round, Khan had an advantage for most of that fight until Garcia threw a great left hook.
    a rematch could go either way.
    Of course it could go either way. I'm just saying every fighter that faces Khan can win easier compared to other fighters of his caliber because all you need is 1 punch and he's gone. The punch Garcia threw wasn't even strong enough to destroy other fighters like Bradley, Marquez, Pacquiao, Rios, Alvarado, etc, the way it did to Khan.

vCash
    I think garcia's got this one. Nice solid fight who'll catch you when you dont expect it. It'll be a good fight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast